INTP
    Enneagram

Default What do INFPs think of INTPs?

1, 2, 3, go.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I'm close to borderline I/E, so perhaps I'll answer:

I really like INTPs, they are perhaps my most favorite type. I enjoy their company and how they veiw the world, as it's not too different from INFPs, minus the whole rational/idealistic aspect. I've found that INTPs can be some of the coolest people I've ever meat, and our senses of humor are not too far apart.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

With a few major exceptions the two of us don't get along so great. I find them a little too group-oriented for my tastes, and they tend to be rude and emotionally inept; they see me as a sickening, bothersome drama queen. I've tried to get along with them, but every attempt has been fraught with disaster. I have to confess I'm starting to develop a grudge against them. It's unfair to the numerous good INTPs out there, but there you are.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

generally: i don't think INFP-INTP relations always foster a sense of mutual empathy.. but they do foster a nice sense of understanding through shared viewpoints (Ni) that can become a solid foundation for friendship.. so long as the F isnt too sensitive and has a sense of humor, and the T is tactful and open-minded, this seems to quickly become a pair of introverts that when together just talk and talk and talk.

personally: i really admire INTP's insightful analyses..they may be scattered in the external realm, but their minds are sharp and focused..they are willing to go off on tangents and make abstract connections (as an infp i really enjoy that; they are great sounding boards if you can somehow trick them into caring about your NF interests!)
    they can make some biting critiques as well..often with regard to society at large. this is at least funny, if not eye-opening for some people.. their cool intellectual air and off-the-cuff humor soften the severity of their remarks - i like that. it makes people listen rather than recoil when the subject matter is not wholly pleasant. i have learned a lot from INTPs in this way. also, it's great to have a human encyclopedia around. swapping tidbits of trivia and factoids can be pretty sweet.

edit: also, steampunk seems to be an INTP thing...steampunk is awesome.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.."
    -Oscar Wilde

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

No problem with quitet moments, easy to geek out with, a little cool initially with a decent amount of kindness on connection. I suppose I have a few troubles when they go too far with certian jokes, but that seems to only happen online and with a very select few. I have yet to be confronted with a bad situation IRL with them; I actually end up pulled into the group instead of being shunned really.

I wonder if I need more negative RL situations before I feel I can have any decent perspective though...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

More than half of my friends are INTP, they're great people. Not many issues.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    UFO

The only INTP I know of is my Astronomy teacher. He had this uncanny talent of treating my friend(another INFP) and I as feeble voices in a distant background. Despite the fact that we are more or less the only students who pay attention to him in class, and who, most often than not, actually know the answers to his questions. I was like some form of afterthought to him. lolol It was hilarity though. and I can't blame him, I think he's just prone to some acute absentmindedness(also very apparent because he doesn't remember what he did this morning, to quote him).
    I love his passion for teaching, though, and the way he teaches, which tends to take many tangents into the abstract, which pleases my Ne . He's a very smart fellow, too.
    But, I must say, his jokes tend to be quite blunt at times. Sad part is, he says them with such enthusiasm too, like as if it's the best joke in the world and everyone will laugh, but then once the punchline is delivered and he gets negative, silent, somewhat bewildered stares, he always tries to correct them. I find them funny though, even if it's in my head. You know, like those ha ha, laugh-in-head sort of way.

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

They can be quite facetious and too reserved at times, but all in all they are well grounded people.
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

My brother is an INTP and I am closest with him of all my 5 siblings. I think he's very rational and generally have a good time with him. I do feel as though he may be a little too emotionally distant for most females to relate to however.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Like 'em.