Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    They make shitty athletes.
    GASP!
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

A good friend of mine is an INTP. She's always up for doing random outings (unless she's buried in homework) and enjoys trying new things. She appreciates that in me because the rest of her family (mom and sister) are SJs.
    We both enjoy writing, and we critique each others' stories. And when we get to nerding about a good topic, it's pretty awesome.
    But she's said she wishes I would speak my mind more. Other than that it's a pretty symbiotic relationship. She gets me thinking on things I would have never considered, and I get her out socializing a little more.
    That's about the extent of my interactions with INTPs.
    Just because I'm an INFP doesn't mean I'm emo!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w4

Quote Originally Posted by phthalocyanine View Post
    woops, i meant Ne! sorry, NTs.
    I knew what ya meant. :-)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

They make shitty athletes.
    LOL. I beg to differ. I played multiple sports growing up and am still very active in them as an adult. And let's not forget last year's American League Cy Young Award Winner (awarded to the league's best pitcher): Clearly an INTP based on interviews I've seen. He's a writer, loves science, did extremely well in school, retired from the game of baseball due to the stresses of Social Anxiety Disorder, sought help, then came back with a focused outlook, and became the Cy Young Award winner. He still shies away from the media bigtime, but the guy is a stud. I submit exhibit A:

Zack Greinke - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here's a forum that is discussing his awkward interviews (because of the Social Anxiety Disorder) and showing a picture of his girlfriend (who, I think I heard is also extremely smart). Someone towards the bottom of the page posted an interview of him. He's always very bland and unexciting. I can tell by watching this video that his skin is crawling. He's thinking, "Get that freakin' camera out of my face!" And because he's so focused on the appearing normal, he just gives very simple answers. There's A LOT running through his head while he is talking. Every interview I've seen or heard is much like this. A lot of mumbling, pausing mid-sentence and then going in a different direction with his answer, etc.

Zack Greinke interview on Hot Stove (MLB Network) - Bodybuilding.com Forums
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    LOL. I beg to differ. I played multiple sports growing up and am still very active in them as an adult. And let's not forget last year's American League Cy Young Award Winner (awarded to the league's best pitcher): Clearly an INTP based on interviews I've seen. He's a writer, loves science, did extremely well in school, retired from the game of baseball due to the stresses of Social Anxiety Disorder, sought help, then came back with a focused outlook, and became the Cy Young Award winner. He still shies away from the media bigtime, but the guy is a stud. I submit exhibit A:

Zack Greinke - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here's a forum that is discussing his awkward interviews (because of the Social Anxiety Disorder) and showing a picture of his girlfriend (who, I think I heard is also extremely smart). Someone towards the bottom of the page posted an interview of him. He's always very bland and unexciting. I can tell by watching this video that his skin is crawling. He's thinking, "Get that freakin' camera out of my face!" And because he's so focused on the appearing normal, he just gives very simple answers. There's A LOT running through his head while he is talking. Every interview I've seen or heard is much like this. A lot of mumbling, pausing mid-sentence and then going in a different direction with his answer, etc.

Zack Greinke interview on Hot Stove (MLB Network) - Bodybuilding.com Forums
    Well there's two.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Well there's two.
    There's only 7 of us in the whole world. 2 out of 7 isn't bad.

How many INTP's do you know? 5? Good chance none of the 5 will be superior athletes. Get to know 1,000 of them, and I'm sure there will be a handful of them - pretty much just like any other type.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w? sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by perfectgirl View Post
    ok

hey! now i won't tolerate any intp bashing here mkay!!.... :workout:
    INTP "bashing"?
    I don't believe I said anything to bash anyone. I merely pointed out a few things, and asked a question.
    Then again, you're an INFP..it makes sense that you would think those statements akin to bashing.
    "A spill at the plant increased the phosphates in the lake and produced a scum of algae so thick that the swamp smell filled the air, infiltrating the genteel mansions. Debutantes cried over the misfortune of coming out in a season everyone would remember for its bad smell."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

INTPs are secretly kind of soft... they root for the underdog and truly wish to help the downtrodden find justice. they sometimes like to project this behavior onto the NFs they know so they don't have to be the ones to appear as starry-eyed dreamer types.

INTPs are very particular, even sometimes perfectionist beneath that messy, blase exterior. this will go relatively unnoticed until someone steps on their toes.

INTPs like to appear minimalistic, but they have a sort of secret aesthetic side.

INTPs will kindly help you fix/configure your electronic gadgets... but also make fun of you for not being able to do so yourself. you boob.

INTPs often scrutinize others because they simply would rather not be on the receiving end of such interaction. but also just because they notice inconsistencies everywhere, and forget that people might feel badly because of their observations. in this way INTPs, though introverts, sometimes speak before they really think, not unlike ISTPs.

INTPs typically hate being criticised because they are already very attuned to their weaknesses, not unlike their INFP counterparts. except they contain it all better.

INTPs are good friends if you can tolerate the above. in general, they can be very loyal, honest sounding boards, and are pretty funny... even if they laugh at your expense.

did someone put the remote in the refrigerator? INTP.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.."
    -Oscar Wilde