INFP

Next.

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

Strangely, a lot of INFP's look up to me.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Necaberint View Post
    Strangely, a lot of INFP's look up to me.
    Are you tall?

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

No, it's just that they are awed by my logic.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Actually, INFPs are just easily amused. We are awed by shiny things, as well.

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

I hope your avatar doesn't attack the metal on my pencil then.

MBTI
    ENFP

The perceptions of the INTP can seem biting and uncomfortable. They are usually accurate though...so this discomfort is due to the fact that your present reality is not actually reality when you are corrected. I do not believe there is any other type on the whole who has the power of criticism that the INTP has. I do find them very easy to deal with, though i approach subjects somewhat differently in their presence.

For instance, I have a tendency to slide from the upper crust of one very big topic to the next. With INTPs, I try to focus on all of the strata of one particular topic, which they are especially adept at considering, in my experience.

But I do find them formidable, and I do not waste my time debating with INTP contrarians when I am not well informed. Overall, if an INTP clearly has a heart, they may be the most interesting type to me. Just dangerous to the ego, sometimes.
    An inscription above the gate to Hell:
    "Eternal Love also created me"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Into It View Post
    The perceptions of the INTP can seem biting and uncomfortable. They are usually accurate though...so this discomfort is due to the fact that your present reality is not actually reality when you are corrected. I do not believe there is any other type on the whole who has the power of criticism that the INTP has. I do find them very easy to deal with, though i approach subjects somewhat differently in their presence.

For instance, I have a tendency to slide from the upper crust of one very big topic to the next. With INTPs, I try to focus on all of the strata of one particular topic, which they are especially adept at considering, in my experience.

But I do find them formidable, and I do not waste my time debating with INTP contrarians when I am not well informed. Overall, if an INTP clearly has a heart, they may be the most interesting type to me. Just dangerous to the ego, sometimes.
    I've never had a problem dealing with INTP's. Even when they thought differently than I, when I explained my thinking, they saw it and understood it.

I think that, moreso than any other type, they require logical consistency. And not everyone can provide that.

Personally, my beefs are usually with the NTJ's, especially when they are condescending and belittling. An INTP will at least listen to you and try to understand what your saying. IME, NTJ's are the one's who will interrupt you mid-sentence with "you are wrong!" and then stare at you like your an idiotic fluffy bunny who is unworthy of their time and attention and great thoughts while not listening to you.

NTJ's, and TJ's in general, have more of a pragmatic way of thinking, so I think others will more often defer to them and the pragmatic effectiveness of their approach, whereas INTP's strive for logical consistency which others can't necessarily provide and probably isn't pragmatically effective within whatever given situation. More "pie in the sky" kinda thinking.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I'm curious what defines your "clearly has a heart".
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

A window to the soul

Red face <3

Genius, innovative, charming, interesting, witty, generous, serious, analytical, funny, fun, playful, easy going, perfectionist, dreamer, disorganized (w/some things), very, very loyal, fearless of some of the things I'm afraid of... will suddenly come out of their introverted shell kicking asses and taking names when necessary...

I adore INTP's.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    I've never had a problem dealing with INTP's. Even when they thought differently than I, when I explained my thinking, they saw it and understood it.

I think that, more so than any other type, they require logical consistency. And not everyone can provide that.

Personally, my beefs are usually with the NTJ's, especially when they are condescending and belittling. An INTP will at least listen to you and try to understand what your saying.
    ^Correct, that's been my experience too.

Quote Originally Posted by Into It View Post
    ...But I do find them formidable, and I do not waste my time debating with INTP contrarians when I am not well informed. Overall, if an INTP clearly has a heart, they may be the most interesting type to me. Just dangerous to the ego, sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueGray View Post
    I'm curious what defines your "clearly has a heart".
    +1 -What do you mean by "clearly has a heart?"

If you're shooting the bull with an INTP; let's say you don't know what you're talking about and the INTP does... you're not going to get the INTP to agree with you for the sake of sparing your ego. Is that what you mean by having a heart? The INTP will enthusiastically teach you something though. This reminds me even more why I sure like INTP's. Smarties they are.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Problems can arise if the INTP gets argumentative and/or inadvertently (or purposely...) steps on the INFPs toes and offends some value of theirs, ....they get hostile and belligerent.
    I have never had an INTP step on my toes or get hostile in conversation. They are passionate sometimes when they're talking, but I like that. Honestly, I respect INTP's and what they say seems to just make sense to me.

Our (INFP/INTP) ways are very similar in many regards. INTP's are everything else I wish I could be...
    Last edited by A window to the soul; 06-02-2010 at 09:48 PM.