User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

Cruel *INFP walks away then bursts into tears at my suggestion that worldwide illegal drug usage is stopped by killing users.*

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by mortabunt View Post
    Cruel *INFP walks away then bursts into tears at my suggestion that worldwide illegal drug usage is stopped by killing users.*
    Sure, because it is certainly cruel to subject anyone to such insipid remarks. I'd be crying before long.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFP

Gentle. Which I like. But there's that irritating thing with them being freaked out by emotions. Part of me thinks it's a cute, and wants to go and hug the poor, freaked out fellows, and part of me wants to say "You emotionally incompetent, insensitive barstard!" I never could though... because I know deep down that they are still nice. And so gentle.

But I will think twice before becoming romantically interested in one again.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I like INTPs.

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by mortabunt View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Sure, because it is certainly cruel to subject anyone to such insipid remarks. I'd be crying before long.

Intps... yeah, they're great for the most part, except for the odd one who could do with growing up a bit *ahem*. I haven't known too many irl, but have a tendency to have more interesting conversations online with them than any other type. I think we share a common focus of attention and style of communication (which makes it easy to understand each other) while having quite different perspectives on a lot of issues, which is what can make the conversation stimulating and enlightening.

Closer relationships may be more problematic than friendship or acquaintenceship though. I was engaged to one for a long time, and although there were some good points such as being able to enjoy each others' company and have great conversations, the relationship seemed to become badly fraught when greater intimacy was required. We simply didn't "do" it in the same way at all, perhaps I had a much greater expectation of how much there should be than she did; and the miscommunications and differences in outlook caused endless frustration on both sides, and not a little unhappiness.

Much as I respected and enjoyed her intelligence, perceptiveness, and quirky sarcastic wit, I can't imagine myself getting so deeply involved with another intp unless she had taken the trouble to really work on developing her awareness of her feelings and general emotional literacy. There's just too big a gulf there otherwise. I can be as logical and objective as I like for my part, but that doesn't do anything to change what I need from a relationship unless I am willing to put myself into a constant state of denial and use reason to reinforce it. And that is a miserable way to live - for an infp perhaps most of all...
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    INFJ

I tend to gravitate to INTPs for friends. I'm practically a T, so we have like-minds. But, it's very easy for me to also have bad experiences with INTPs because some will have a very hostile attitude towards everything that disagrees with their perspective. And I'm not the sort of person to back down when someone else is just flat out wrong about something and being stubborn about it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I generally click with them quickly in real life, and we have a lot to talk about. We usually "get" each other pretty well and conversing feels very natural and easy.

Problems can arise if the INTP gets argumentative and/or inadvertently (or purposely...) steps on the INFPs toes and offends some value of theirs, or if the INFP gets too sensitive. This is always how my friendships with INTPs have ended....they get hostile and belligerent.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I think that, when taking the MBTI, they answered more questions in a manner that indicated a preference for thinking rather than feeling compared to me. Otherwise, I find them amazingly similar to myself. INTPs and INFPs can be so alike that it's not funny; Ti and Fi are both very similar to one another.
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

Fonewearl and proud of it!

I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    I think that, when taking the MBTI, they answered more questions in a manner that indicated a preference for thinking rather than feeling compared to me. Otherwise, I find them amazingly similar to myself. INTPs and INFPs can be so alike that it's not funny; Ti and Fi are both very similar to one another.
    I relate to INFP in many ways, seems many do.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think many INFP's could very easily be mistaken for INTPs to a casual observer. I see lots of strong similarities, and lots of general compatibility.