• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Do you cut off the rope? NFs only please

Do you cut off the rope? NFs only please

• Cut off the rope

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Stay on the rope

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
NFs only please. there is one like this in your section too

you are being rescued from an icy mountain with 4 other trapped climbers. the helicopter can't land so it lowered a rope ladder. 5 of you hanging on the ladder with you being the very last one hanging on to the rope ladder.

you see the rope is under stress since and it WILL break if more than 4 people hold on for more than a minute. you being the last one, do you cut off the rope so the other 4 can live or do you stay on...if you gotta stay on the mountain, so does everyone else.

whats YOUR reason for cutting off the rope ladder or staying on it

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Why would everyone else have to stay on the mountain if the rope cannot hold all 5 people and I choose to get off the rope in the first place?

Why should I have to cut the rope instead of, you know, get off the ladder?

Why don't the rescue people know how much weight the ladder can withstand?

Why can't they come back for me in a second trip?

Too many holes in the situation!

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Honestly? I think I'd try to see if I could knock some of the people above me off. That way, either I'd knock them off and manage to live, or someone else would be forced to cut the rope above me and kill me so I wouldn't have to commit suicide.

I suppose this fits in "hold on," but only barely.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
LOL

Why would everyone else have to stay on the mountain if the rope cannot hold all 5 people and I choose to get off the rope in the first place?

if you get off the rope, then they can fly off and be rescued. if you stay on, then the rope will break and all 5 of you will die

Why should I have to cut the rope instead of, you know, get off the ladder?

if it makes you happy, get off it.

Why don't the rescue people know how much weight the ladder can withstand?

they do know, standard issue rope ladders for this chopper only carry 4 people. no other choppers available

Why can't they come back for me in a second trip?

cuz the weather sucks and youll die if you stay on the mountain any longer
Too many holes in the situation!

lol

pugged. happy?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'll jump off, and take my chances on the mountain.

Edit: Hmmm...unless I'm pregnant.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
It would totally depend on who was on the ladder above me. There are some people I wouldn't sacrifice my life for, and others that I would.

If there were 4 kids above me, it's a given I would cut the rope and drop myself.

If there were 4 NT's above me, it could get ugly. :newwink:

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
Do I like the other crew members?

It would totally depend on who was on the ladder above me. There are some people I wouldn't sacrifice my life for, and others that I would.

If there were 4 kids above me, it's a given I would cut the rope and drop myself.

If there were 4 NT's above me, it could get ugly. :newwink:

so you would not do it if you were climbing the mountain with a group of total strangers as a part of the expedition? a tour where 5 of you depend on each other and you connect with most of them while you end up hating one?

the one you hate is the first one on the ladder:D

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
so you would not do it if you were climbing the mountain with a group of total strangers as a part of the expedition? a tour where 5 of you depend on each other and you connect with most of them while you end up hating one?

the one you hate is the first one on the ladder:D

Why is my life value any less than theirs?

I mean why can't one of them make the sacrifice? Just because they are above me doesn't mean I need to jump. They can dive off from the top.

I mean I like being alive, I'm not in a hurry to give it up, and the people above me could just aswell go on to become serial killers, or mass murderers, so I think one of them should jump.

It would certainly be an interesting, if heated, debate, dangling off a rope ladder over a mountain, arguing the finer points of whose life has more value. :cool:

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I would definately stay, unless it was absolutely certain that I was the more worthless than any of the other climbers.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
Why is my life value any less than theirs?

I mean why can't one of them make the sacrifice? Just because they are above me doesn't mean I need to jump. They can dive off from the top.

I mean I like being alive, I'm not in a hurry to give it up, and the people above me could just aswell go on to become serial killers, or mass murderers, so I think one of them should jump.

It would certainly be an interesting, if heated, debate, dangling off a rope ladder over a mountain, arguing the finer points of whose life has more value. :cool:

very true...and your life has as much value as you place in it

but you have no idea what they are thinking. there is less than a minute to decide

in the end, its not a group decision on who should jump, if anyone at all...noone can really make anyone else do anything else (in this situation, that is)

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
very true...and your life has as much value as you place in it

but you have no idea what they are thinking. there is less than a minute to decide

in the end, its not a group decision on who should jump, if anyone at all...noone can really make anyone else do anything else (in this situation, that is)

Well if none of them are noble enough to jump, then neither will I, since they are obviously to selfish to save. ;)

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
Well if none of them are noble enough to jump, then neither will I, since they are obviously to selfish to save. ;)

haha...fair enough

dare i wonder, might you be hoping that someone else would jump at the last second?

Nillerz

MBTI Type
ENFP
No, I start climbing and hang on to the body of the craft. Fuck that shit.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If this were an issue the 5 of us shouldn't have been climbing in the first place - shit weather or not...

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
LOL

if you get off the rope, then they can fly off and be rescued. if you stay on, then the rope will break and all 5 of you will die

if it makes you happy, get off it.

they do know, standard issue rope ladders for this chopper only carry 4 people. no other choppers available

cuz the weather sucks and youll die if you stay on the mountain any longer

lol

pugged. happy?

Yes. My answer: I would rather freeze to death than fall to my death, so I would stay on the mountain. :D

P

Phantonym

I'd probably cut the rope.
Being in a situation like this, I don't think I'd value my life any less than the people above me but I'd still cut the rope, stay on the mountain and hope that I'd still be alive after the storm.

And I don't think it would be about being altruistic or heroic. It just feels like the right thing to do.

But hey, people only show their true colours in situations of crisis. There's a fair chance that I'd cut the people above me instead and get to the helicopter. But death row doesn't sound that appealing either. So, the only choice is not to climb the mountain the first place.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm pretty thin, so I'd take the chance that the rope could hold me. ;)