User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Default INFJs and their F

So I have been wondering about a thing now for quite some time. According to Socionics the INFJ got basically a Fi - Ne combo. But according to mbti its supposed to be Ni - Fe.

Me being totally sucky at interpreting the wide variety of ethics thats is shown in a F-type, as compared to the small amount that's shown in a T-type, I cant really decide, which one should be true.

I am inclined to say I am convinced like 60% that it is Fi-Ne . At least it feels that way, but as I said: more data is needed !
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

I tend to agree with Socionics descriptions of INFj. But I'm positive I lead with Ni (in the MBTI sense). Furthermore, the way that Fi and Ne are described in Socionics sounds like Fe and Ni. For example, in the EII (INFj) description, EII's use of Fi is explained as:

EIIs are very attuned to the psychological atmosphere of interaction and to their own feelings towards people and things. They treasure deep feelings of attachment and strive to deepen emotional bonds between people and harmonize relationships. When those people that the EII is close to suffer emotionally, the EII will do everything in her power to raise the emotional condition in the individual, often at the EII's expense.
    Sounds like Fe, with a bit of Ni.

EIIs have a natural understanding of people's inner makeup and see what can be done with that makeup to bring them closer to ideals. EIIs have a very well-developed view of what people and relationships should be like and are able to help others reach those ideals.

EIIs understand people very well. They often give good advice, and have a strong understanding of the inner workings of even the most complicated minds. They have well developed ideas concerning ideal emotional states for individuals, and always have advice as to how an individual can reach that ideal.

One of the largest complaints of EIIs revolve around the idea of "wasted potential." A lot of their neuroses, and "drive," come from fears that they are not achieving the maximum possible ideal in a certain field or area of life. Unlike IEEs, though, EIIs consider "leveraging potential" more in terms of depth - mastery of one or several specific areas - rather than breadth.
    Sounds like Ni-Fe.

heart on fire

Socionics INFj is MBTI INFP.

garbage

The function definitions for MBTI and Socionics are different.

How exactly? I'm not sure.

My INFP is probably a Socionics SEI (ISFp). I seem to be ENTP and ILE (ENTp).

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Ya exactly, that's my problem too. The wikisonicon description sounds like the thing in mbti terms, making a possible difference between N and F oblivious and appearing more like the INFJ tend to merge the functions. Meaning what the one says about the Fi, the other says is the result of the combination of Ni + Fe.

Well thats not really important to know for me at all, cause my INFJ is such a different person than I am, what I love and what leaves me incapable of being able to precisely point out whether its Fe or Fi showing, cause I can be a total stranger to her world.

I was hoping that you may have some profound insight into the matter, which could solve this problem, which only exists on the paper. But I think we are in the same boat, when it comes to reasoning with the issue.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Socionics INFj is MBTI INFP.
    That doesnt do the trick for me, cause socionics has got an infp too. Therefore assuming that would defy the original logic of the concept. Just doesnt do the trick for me. In a subjective manner I agree with you, but I want to understand what they said on the paper. And if I wont find out soon, I am pretty sure I am gonna dumb all concepts, concentrating on what I know again

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Ya exactly, that's my problem too. The wikisonicon description sounds like the thing in mbti terms, making a possible difference between N and F oblivious and appearing more like the INFJ tend to merge the functions. Meaning what the one says about the Fi, the other says about the combination of Ni + Fe.
    Socionics seems closer to Jungian descriptions, FWIW. But it's really all semantics. Whether you are saying Fi or Fe, they mean similar attitudes in the two theories.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Ok. Then there is really only one thing left to say.

Never tell a thinker about typology. The lack of coherencies really leads to obsession -.-

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I tend to agree with Socionics descriptions of INFj. But I'm positive I lead with Ni (in the MBTI sense). Furthermore, the way that Fi and Ne are described in Socionics sounds like Fe and Ni. For example, in the EII (INFj) description, EII's use of Fi is explained as:

Sounds like Fe, with a bit of Ni.

Sounds like Ni-Fe.
    Yeah, the EII description fits me perfectly. I've read over the IEI description before, and not even half of it fits, and the rest isn't close at all.
    Enneagram 9w1 sp/so
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Ok. Then there is really only one thing left to say.

Never tell a thinker about typology. The lack of coherencies really leads to obsession -.-
    They're consistent in that they both add up to the same types. If you read the cumulative INFj profile, you will have little doubt that what they're describing is INFJ. Confusion only arises when one knows about functions and tries mapping one on to the other.