User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by Popsicle View Post
    Of course...and frequently. I don't see how that goes against type (but maybe that's just me.)

Just a few weeks ago I laughed (until I cried, interestingly enough) when we inadvertently rolled off the bed onto the floor. I looked at him. He looked at me...and we both lost it. It still cracks me up thinking of it.
    He's not an INTJ by any chance?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    He's not an INTJ by any chance?
    Sigh. Sometimes, I wish...but no. ISFJ. I do love NTs...

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

hmmm. i can't remember ever crying during sex. wait, maybe a few times i got weepy, like when i was feeling especially in love with my man at the time. but i'm not very cry-ey. i only cry at sappy movies, or if my frustration level is out the roof for some reason. (like when i've let my boundaries be incessantly crossed). but everyone is different.

now giggling and laughing. yah! lots of the time. you know lots of funny things can happen during sex. talk a lot too. converse even sometimes. anything goes. i've had a lover grab my hair and push my head dowwnnnn and tell me "be quiet!" when i was too chatty.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

There's only one reason a man should cry during sex.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

My impression is that INFJs can have emotional tenacity, depth of feeling, and are not particularly fragile. This is why the comments about crying during sex imply depth of feeling and not something fragile or breakable.
    Absolutely.

I think that especially in a relationship between an infj and another introverted type, if you start to drift into your own worlds and feel distant in between closeness, the sudden closeness and depth of "togetherness" can just be overwhelming. For infjs, most important things hold deep meaning and symbolism, and to go from 0-60 is just an emotional jolt, hence the tears. And the intense reaction tends to surprise even the infj.

Cornering her (especially in the moment) and asking why might not be your best bet, as she likely can't put her finger on why it happened in the first place herself.

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    A more interesting question. Have any INFJs laughed loudly during sex?

It certainly goes against type, but with the right joke or amusing story, coupled with a straight face, it can be done...

So I'm told.
    Yes, often.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

wtf cry during sex!?1?!@ le sigh.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

that's kinda weird, reminds me of that family guy movie where stewie gets laid and cries after. If someone started crying while i was bangin her I'd probably get turned off and stop.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

I would cry too if I was getting shot ('banged' )

In a nutshell, INFJs are emotional bunkers and take a long time to let anyone into their emotional lives. Since sex to most NFs is as 'in' as you can let anyone, this could be an utter disarming of their defenses.

Considering the woman is, in my opinion, the vulnerable one during intimate encounters, I would think it would be the rule, not an exception, for them to cry during sex.

Really, it just means you'd better be careful, you've reached the INFJ's inner sanctum of trust. (And the guards are still there, one wrong move and you'll be shot [/metaphor])
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

I once cried during sex as I felt so emotionally open and fragile. It wasnt bad, or that I was unhappy, it was overwhelming emo and openess. My husband acted all odd, freaked out and made me really embarressed about the whole thing.