User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

This would be nice actually, it'd probably buy me a couple extra minutes.

Default Slight thread topic derail...

...but I didn't want to start a new thread.

A question for male INFJs:

What do INFJs think of the act of sex? Say, for example, they (a dude) refused to put out for 1 year, and finally did.....what was the reason? What is their outlook re: the act of sex? And, expectations from their partner, in terms of how they wish/hope, their partner views sex?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    ...but I didn't want to start a new thread.

A question for male INFJs:

What do INFJs think of the act of sex? Say, for example, they (a dude) refused to put out for 1 year, and finally did.....what was the reason? What is their outlook re: the act of sex? And, expectations from their partner, in terms of how they wish/hope, their partner views sex?
    Would you like to talk about this over PMs?
    Seriously.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    I'm telling you. INFJs are moody moody moody. Hold them too close and they'll push away - don't hold them close enough close enough and they'll start blaming themselves...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    This is extremely unattractive and unstable.
    It comes with the platter.

Doesn't the OP violate rule 7 in the TypologyCentral FAQ?!

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm telling you. INFJs are moody moody moody. Hold them too close and they'll push away - don't hold them close enough close enough and they'll start blaming themselves.
    I wonder for how many INFJs that applies. I don't think I qualify as moody, but feel things deeply and consistently. I can accept and understand a wide range of people, and I do not require others to walk on eggshells because I have ability to view communication from different perspectives. I look at the core of the communication and not the packaging. I work from the other person's perspective not mine so you can ignore me or become needy and more often than not, I'm the one who can adapt to it. The label of moodiness concerns me because I don't want others to think they have to handle me with kid gloves. Those who know me can attest to this.

My impression is that INFJs can have emotional tenacity, depth of feeling, and are not particularly fragile. This is why the comments about crying during sex imply depth of feeling and not something fragile or breakable.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

It's really not a big deal. You just blew her mind. I've cried after sex and it's not because I was sad. In fact just the opposite! I blame my husband.
    That's a horrible idea. INFJs don't like to be cornered, especially by surprises, ESPECIALLY when they revolve around things they aren't ready/don't want to talk about.

This is also not that great of an idea.

Bingo.

I'm telling you. INFJs are moody moody moody. Hold them too close and they'll push away - don't hold them close enough close enough and they'll start blaming themselves.

With INFJs you have to roll with the punches. I don't understand why the hell people try to "read" INFJs and figure out what's going on. Half the time we don't understand what's going on in our own heads. That anyone could think they've got an INFJ figured out is ludicrous, unless they've been together for years.
    well said.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    I wonder for how many INFJs that applies. I don't think I qualify as moody, but feel things deeply and consistently.
    I do think there's a lot of latitude in the INFJ type. Some are moody (i think this applies mostly to the E4s), whereas some are more peaceful and easygoing (E9s). I've known one of each and I really thought the more easygoing one was an INFP. But nope, she's pretty J in other areas.

I've had a few experiences where an INFJ cried during sex. And no it had nothing to do with my performance. Not sure about the laughter though. . .

Seriously though, in my experience it seems to come after a period of disconnectedness/dissonance in the relationship. There's all this bottled-up emotion, and it just suddenly gets released all at once; a catharsis.

I do not tend to cry but I find it amusing.

MBTI
    XNFJ

Quote Originally Posted by A Schnitzel View Post
    If she cries, just hold her and don't let go until she pushes away.
    I agree with this, and with the poster who said sit down and ask her about it. I don't like to be cornered (meaning not forced) but it really impresses me when people notice my feelings and try to care for them. I love to be given the opportunity to talk about and process things in a supportive environment, and then if I say I'm not ready (which I'm capable of doing) then I like that to be respected. Showing deep caring and thoughtfulness is a sure way to impress me.

Signed, an INFJ.