• I am NFJ: below average

3 3.41%
  • I am NFJ: I suck at math!

2 2.27%
First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post

so please answer the poll (and of course it should be your personal impression - paired with your math grades in school, college etc.)

So, are here some other NF mathematicians?

Like (very) talented for math.
    Because it's a bit confusing for me my math talent because even of tests my T functions are (Ti,Te) on (6,8) places... so...... and I have HUGE dislike towards thinking, logic..

I've been on many math competitions and it's funny how I remember (before knowing for MBTI) that I sometimes messed up some answers with using F instead T; even when I knew answer I just "felt" this sounds better - and I answered it wrongly.
    okay, that was in 2% of cases but that were noticable nuances for me.

I think Mondo is also NF-mathematician...
    Any others???
    I'm like this too, I just put it down as having a high IQ and being intelligent in general

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

math was my best subject and i have an affinity for numbers in general......better than english historically. however, i'm better at writing now than i am at math now. but Ni and Fe are left-brained functions, supposedly, according to lenore thompson (Truth-and-Language Exegesis) so i guess that's why.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by rainoneventide View Post
    I could be, if I gave a shit.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

Aced algebra. Had no clue what I was doing in Geometry and Algebra II. Completely failed Statistics.

Yeah, I think I suck at math.
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Interesting.
    Since a month ago, I have learned that I'm definitely an NT.. however, I know many NF's who are gifted at math.

I don't think math ability is related to personality type so much. Rather, interest in math could be related to personality type.

For instance, it's highly probable that if you take a random INTJ and random ESFP with identical math ability that the INTJ would be more curious and interested in mathematics..
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    ENFP

I'm badass at math ^^
    An inscription above the gate to Hell:
    "Eternal Love also created me"

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

It isn't a natural thing for me to be doing....but I would say I was above average, but not talented. I have to try too hard. As an engineering friend once said numbers quite clearly are not my friends. Much better at stats. I did that up until my third year of university....I opted out of a Chemistry degree, because of my irrational fear of maths, and fear of brain hemmorhage.
    My maths teacher at school, however felt I had a bit of psychological block, rather than an inability to do math...I sometimes wonder myself. By the time I got to high school, I certainly had devolped deflective behaviours from my mother's inferiority complex, that may well have been one of them.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    Interesting.
    Since a month ago, I have learned that I'm definitely an NT.. however, I know many NF's who are gifted at math.

I don't think math ability is related to personality type so much. Rather, interest in math could be related to personality type.

For instance, it's highly probable that if you take a random INTJ and random ESFP with identical math ability that the INTJ would be more curious and interested in mathematics..
    Oh, no, I think it is linked. I think if you take random NTs and random NFs you'll find much more NTs talented at math, I would say at least 10x more NTs.
    I was in Math competitions on National/European level for few years...which usually lasted for 5-6 days in some town on coast, so 25 best kids from across the country from every generation were there -100 people from highschool all together, and most of them were NTs. Like more than 70%. I was very different from most of them because an F.
    There were many girls (like 1/4 or 1/3) and among girls was a little bit more Fs, but girls were also more NTs.
    It was not because NTs show more interest in math, because in this competitions I'd say it's 90% talent and less than 10% work.

and I think there were at least 80% Ns.

so NT was very represented.
    E/I was balanced - half people E half I, or even more Es.
    P/J also - I'm not sure.

I think from Es there were most ENTJs...

You have to take into consideration that many NFs bad at math skipped this poll, but probably being an N is already bust in math, and nobody is 100% Fs, many people are borderline T

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I know some NFs who are excellent at math. It just goes to show that when you totally take the human element out of something, you guys make halfway decent NTs.

Phantonym

I don't really suck at math but I am below average at it because math has never really interested me. Sure, I'm good at some parts of it, I like numbers But I've actually tried really hard to forget the math classes I had in high school. Still gives me the creeps after all these years :horor: