User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: On INFPs

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by WoodsWoman View Post
    "Well, it is quite a high standard, if you're not the best, then you're not good at all... it could be enneagram 3, I'll look into it, but it's probably idealism. I'm probably really an INFP, I have no solid way of knowing atm, so I'll be a closet INFP . "

---A slightly different take on this self-directed perfectionism: I'm not comfortable with my abilities until they reach a level of habit where I don't need to think through every step each time. ---Perhaps a level where my N can work nearly on it's own. IOW I might be able to teach a college level course on a subject before I'm satisfied that I have any idea what I'm talking about.
    The quote button's on the right pup

@ Orangey: They share the same functions, is there a difference between socionics and MBTI's definitions of the functions, I thought it was all based on Jungs theory? So are INFPs messy or not? It seems like they can be either...
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INFP

Thanks.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    @ Orangey: They share the same functions, is there a difference between socionics and MBTI's definitions of the functions, I thought it was all based on Jungs theory? So are INFPs messy or not? It seems like they can be either...
    INFj (EII) = Fi, Ne, Ti, Se, Te, Si, Fe, Ni
    INFP = Fi, Ne, Si, Te, Fe, Ni, Se, Ti

INFp (IEI) = Ni, Fe, Si, Te, Se, Ti, Ne, Fi
    INFJ = Ni, Fe, Ti, Se, Ne, Fi, Te, Si

This is only a surface level examination of the differences between the theories, but I think it sufficiently demonstrates that the supposedly corresponding types do not, in fact, share the same functions. This, in addition to the different treatment that socionics gives to the last four functions (out of the eight), probably accounts for INFJs identifying as EIIs, and INFPs identifying as IEIs.

So INFPs that identify as IEIs probably see themselves as messy, whereas those who identify with EII don't (primarily, at least). Within MBTI, it is a common stereotype that INFPs are indeed messy. This means that while some may not be messy at all, many (perhaps the majority) are. So yes, I'd say that realistically they can be both, but that if we go by common MBTI type descriptions, it is more probable that INFPs are messy than neat.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    AHH!

I think they can be both. I value organization to a degree...my room has everything put away in the closet and drawers...except when you open the closet or the drawers, then you see the chaos. I think it's a hidden mess. On the surface everything must look clean/organized so I don't have to deal with it. But I'm still not as organized as say an ESFJ, who would insist on keeping the closet and drawers organized too.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    Well, it is quite a high standard, if you're not the best, then you're not good at all... it could be enneagram 3, I'll look into it, but it's probably idealism. I'm probably really an INFP, I have no solid way of knowing atm, so I'll be a closet INFP .
    Are you considering ENFP still? It tends to be an NF thing, not just an INFP thing.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Are you considering ENFP still? It tends to be an NF thing, not just an INFP thing.
    I'm not working on it too much, I seem to be packed full of Ne at least. damn, so I can only be a closet NF? lol. INFPs... when they care for people, are they more likely to care for random strangers, people they know extremely well, or everybody? The last test I took (personalDNA) said that I'm a benevolent inventor, I care for people without sharing any sort of connection, is that INFP like?

haha, I need more info on INFPs dammit, dish it out!
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by lost verses View Post
    I think they can be both. I value organization to a degree...my room has everything put away in the closet and drawers...except when you open the closet or the drawers, then you see the chaos. I think it's a hidden mess. On the surface everything must look clean/organized so I don't have to deal with it. But I'm still not as organized as say an ESFJ, who would insist on keeping the closet and drawers organized too.
    I just plain ignore everything (or don't see it, I'm not to sure if it's voluntary), I'm very messy 90% of the time. If I clean up (which happens every full moon or so), I feel the need to change everything around, and also make sure that everything looks spotless , and occasionally put things in logical order. I also note that most things are somewhat broken, when things break or die, I throw them away and start again/get a new one, never fixing or repairing... what does that mean?
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Reality will never hold precedence over our ideals/dreams/visions/insanity. Daily chores are learned to be a waste of energy because we take so long to do a perfect job, so we figure, "why get all that into it?" Let the esfjs wipe our butts while we ponder the future away.

I've also noticed that infps are really good at overusing emoticons! HA HA HA

thinking of you

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Also, I don't know how common this is with infps, but I find it difficult to repeat myself for fear of coming off unauthentic.

thinking of you

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    Reality will never hold precedence over our ideals/dreams/visions/insanity. Daily chores are learned to be a waste of energy because we take so long to do a perfect job, so we figure, "why get all that into it?" Let the esfjs wipe our butts while we ponder the future away.

I've also noticed that infps are really good at overusing emoticons! HA HA HA
    I'd swear that I'd already replied to this post, but anyway...
    none of the INFPs here seemed to be using any emotes, and I have 1 per post . I know of one INFP that loves them, she once sent hundreds of them for no apparent reason!
    it was like:
    ^_^ ^_~ =) :@ :O ...
    5 3 9