MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    I don't have any... that's why I started this thread
    I suspected you'd say as much. It's soooo INFP to not see their good qualities, hahaha

I guess I can be quite considerate and charming, and I have a rather zany sense of humor (mostly slapstick and randomness, shocking things I find entertaining). I can be very tolerant of people, even when they do something offensive, I usually put it aside. I guess I'm fairly balanced to... as I don't seem to have any bad traits (like aggression, selfishness etc.), the only problems I face is procrastination really. I've proved that I have the potential to make it far, but I can't put in the effort to get there. I have also kind of helped a few people out when they get down (which they frequently do), even though I barely know them.

I can't see much usefulness in that though, how am I supposed to finish a university course with nothing but charm? I need some of this perfectionism I think... it sounds like a potent tool indeed
    This sounds like xNFP. INFP don't usually come off as very charming (at first), so maybe you are more balanced with your extroversion/introversion. Being balanced is good.
    Motivation for INFPs often comes from how much we care about something (this seems true of ENFPs also). Perfectionism is a side effect of that caring. So what do you care about? Maybe you need to relate your university courses to achieving a goal that will bring you closer to something that actually matters to you.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I suspected you'd say as much. It's soooo INFP to not see their good qualities, hahaha

This sounds like xNFP. INFP don't usually come off as very charming (at first), so maybe you are more balanced with your extroversion/introversion. Being balanced is good.
    Motivation for INFPs often comes from how much we care about something (this seems true of ENFPs also). Perfectionism is a side effect of that caring. So what do you care about? Maybe you need to relate your university courses to achieving a goal that will bring you closer to something that actually matters to you.
    That's what I thought, So if I care more, I'll probably become more of a perfectionist... now I just have to realize that there is a goal and that it will get me somewhere without becoming pedantic about the future and other such things.
    5 3 9

heart on fire

I think I already have quite a strong Ne, especially if I can come of as an ENFP/ENTP , I'm wondering about the Fi benefits more than the Ne.
    Yes, if you can honestly call yourself "charming" on first meeting probably more ENFP than INFP. I was mostly going on the theory that INFP stuck in lack of development would be suffering from too much tertiary temptation. Fi-Si loop without much Ne.

[add]: oh, and apparently solitary walker is an ass, it's not yet confirmed, but that's just the word on the street
    Not sure what some people's opinions about someone being an "ass" have to do with the ass's thoughts and postings being helpful in other areas, but okay.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Yes, if you can honestly call yourself "charming" on first meeting probably more ENFP than INFP. I was mostly going on the theory that INFP stuck in lack of development would be suffering from too much tertiary temptation. Fi-Si loop without much Ne.

Not sure what some people's opinions about someone being an "ass" have to do with the ass's thoughts and postings being helpful in other areas, but okay.
    He was an ass because his ideas were supposedly biased, I'll read his posts, but I do so with due caution

I'm somewhat of an ambivert, probably leaning towards the introverted side, same thing goes with the T/F divide, it's likely the enneagram 3 that has caused such things. I'm completely unaware of my Fi, or it's effects and etc., what's an Fi-Si loop look like?
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

I don't know... I know that I enjoy and admire INFP's even though I don't really enjoy myself, if that makes any sense at all. I fit most of the type descriptions, but some of them make us sound like saints or something. I mean, I'm a pretty well-meaning person, but that doesn't mean I'm going to let people step on my face. I bite those feet off. And they also make us sound so goddamn serious... well, I guess I am serious... but I try not to take myself too seriously... Also, I'm 99% sure that Eminem is an INFP. So uh. Yeah. Oh yeah, and the assumption that we're all clingy and emotionally-needy is, for me, always insulting. But now that I think about it, maybe I just don't want to admit to myself that... oh, what the hell.
    "So I say, live and let live. Thats my motto. Live and let live.
    Anyone who cant go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker."
    - George Carlin

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    This is actually a serious problem for me, I have to think pretty hard to think about someone's good qualities, but when it comes to their bad ones I know them right off the bat.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

garbage

INFPs rule.. they're just too modest about it.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

I'm agreeing with people who said that the profiles are not to their liking. I find that people can severely misunderstand INFPs.. perhaps because they find it hard to understand themselves. And, like others have mentioned, they suck at defending themselves or seeing the positive within.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    Healthy INFPs should be excellent people, but too shame that INFPs are often represented with completely unstable women like princess Diana who had bulimia and personality disorders and what not. How this could be representative for ANY type?

and descriptions of INFPs are just idiotic, often offensive to INFPs.
    Princess Diana was not "completely unstable." She was beautiful and sensitive and she cared strongly about others and served the people. So yeah, she had flaws. So does everybody.

That is the "good thing" about INFPs - if they believe strongly in something morally or spiritually they will surprise you with their tenacity to that "cause." INFPs can be servants of the people in either a nurturing or political sense. INFPs are not just writers, they can be teachers, social workers, psychologists, counselors, and/or pursue other creative endeavors.

INFPs, like other NPs, can see the "big picture" and look at other people's points of view without necessarily agreeing with them. Like all NFs, INFPs can be relationship oriented, and devoted friends albeit to a smaller number of people. Some people say that IINFPs are also more likely to be "psychic" than the stereotyped mystical INFJs, because Ne is projected outward instead of inward.

Why don't you think there isn't anything good about INFPs? Is it because some of the descriptions on-line are so condecending toward us, like we're these wayward little mental patients that need to be patted on the head?