First 1234 Last

Thread: On INFPs

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I'll use this as a checklist
    Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Stealing a post I had once made at another forum.

Reasons why it's great being an INFP:

1. A successful relationship is capable of touching my mind, body, soul, and heart. I'll happily pay the price of getting hurt, badly, to experience a depth that few others can.
    --- Unknown

2. Picking up new concepts is pretty easy. Some are more interesting than others, but if you can tell me how your physics theory relates to something meaningful/interesting to me, I'll be able to pick it up no problem.
    --- Yes

3. Change doesn't scare me. In fact, I often embrace it as a new challenge to learn and grow. Life is full of change and uncertainty, so this is a huge plus over many people I know.
    ---Yes

4. I can almost always bring a fresh and unique perspective to a team.
    ---Yes

5. I'm so passionate about my core values, that I feel invincible when defending them.
    ---No

6. Knowing more about many people than they know about themselves. The joy of listening to people telling their stories, sharing their lives, and figuring out what makes them tick.
    ---No

7. Being uncharacteristically detailed oriented on my pet projects. It helps me a be a naturally more well-rounded individual.
    ---No

8. Sudden rushes of intuition. Ah-hah moments. Connecting things together. Epiphanies!
    ---Maybe

9. After learning how to calm down my perfectionist ways, still having high standards gives me a chance to have high quality and unique things in my life.
    ---No
    I don't seem to have the perfectionism going for me, nor do I have this passion thing going on. I wonder if I only have the basic materials required to become a perfectionist... I suppose, before you do anything in a perfectionist way, you probably need to be devoted to doing it.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    There's a kind of darkness to us, that the descriptions don't address properly. It's not all bad though.
    Darkness?

... Can anyone expand on this?
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    I'll use this as a checklist

I don't seem to have the perfectionism going for me, nor do I have this passion thing going on. I wonder if I only have the basic materials required to become a perfectionist... I suppose, before you do anything in a perfectionist way, you probably need to be devoted to doing it.
    Feel free to add your own reasons why being an INFP rocks.

Healthy INFPs should be excellent people, but too shame that INFPs are often represented with completely unstable women like princess Diana who had bulimia and personality disorders and what not. How this could be representative for ANY type?

and descriptions of INFPs are just idiotic, often offensive to INFPs.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Yes, King-of-Despair, what do you consider your own, personal positive qualities?
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    AHH!

Darkness?

... Can anyone expand on this?
    There's a TON of darkness. "What if I don't reach what I truly want in the world...what if I can never be with the people I truly love..." and so forth. There's a lot of despair involved too, not just brightness.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by lost verses View Post
    There's a TON of darkness. "What if I don't reach what I truly want in the world...what if I can never be with the people I truly love..." and so forth. There's a lot of despair involved too, not just brightness.
    Interesting... I'm much to bright to despair about myself, I don't care if any of that goes wrong, it sounds rather pessimistic... but maybe the examples aren't tailored for my needs... or maybe it's an enneagram thing... *slaps self*

I long to reach the things I want, but I don't have any sort of despair over it... hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Yes, King-of-Despair, what do you consider your own, personal positive qualities?
    I don't have any... that's why I started this thread
    I guess I can be quite considerate and charming, and I have a rather zany sense of humor (mostly slapstick and randomness, shocking things I find entertaining). I can be very tolerant of people, even when they do something offensive, I usually put it aside. I guess I'm fairly balanced to... as I don't seem to have any bad traits (like aggression, selfishness etc.), the only problems I face is procrastination really. I've proved that I have the potential to make it far, but I can't put in the effort to get there. I have also kind of helped a few people out when they get down (which they frequently do), even though I barely know them.

I can't see much usefulness in that though, how am I supposed to finish a university course with nothing but charm? I need some of this perfectionism I think... it sounds like a potent tool indeed
    5 3 9

heart on fire

Develop Ne deeper and see what happens. Solitary Walker has some posts on INTP Central that talk about ways to do this.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Develop Ne deeper and see what happens. Solitary Walker has some posts on INTP Central that talk about ways to do this.
    I think I already have quite a strong Ne, especially if I can come of as an ENFP/ENTP , I'm wondering about the Fi benefits more than the Ne.

[add]: oh, and apparently solitary walker is an ass, it's not yet confirmed, but that's just the word on the street
    5 3 9

[add]: oh, and apparently solitary walker is an ass, it's not yet confirmed, but that's just the word on the street
    ass or not, i liked his profiles of enfp and entp. look it up.
    especially good about enfps without healthy Fi... and entps i guess the same effect