User Tag List

First 234

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Viv View Post
    This is a really good question.. Because to me, it's the intent behind every action that speaks volumes about how people care for one another.. "I Love You" is just sugar-coat, icing on the cake, for me. I've always been like that even as a kid- because words are just words. Talk is talk.

A true test for love is when people stick together through thick and thin, and in the end, look at one another with regard, respect.. in a way that they know they cherish one another through unspoken words.

I've been in relationships where guys will constantly say, "I Love You. I Love You. Babe. I Love You." It just made me want to vomit, because to me? It felt like they were trying to sugarcoat a relationship that wasn't as strong. It just sounds like sweet-talk to cover up for something that's a bit shallow.

I rarely express my I Love Yous through words, but instead, through my actions/intent. I think if I were to try to communicate with a blind/death person, in the end, it's still about *how* I care for them that truly withstands the test of time, especially, when they're at their lowest low.
    I think I couldn't agree more! I've known so many couples who were only touching each other all day long and telling each other how much they loved each other, but a month later they already broke up!
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Viv View Post
    This is a really good question.. Because to me, it's the intent behind every action that speaks volumes about how people care for one another.. "I Love You" is just sugar-coat, icing on the cake, for me. I've always been like that even as a kid- because words are just words. Talk is talk.

A true test for love is when people stick together through thick and thin, and in the end, look at one another with regard, respect.. in a way that they know they cherish one another through unspoken words.

I've been in relationships where guys will constantly say, "I Love You. I Love You. Babe. I Love You." It just made me want to vomit, because to me? It felt like they were trying to sugarcoat a relationship that wasn't as strong. It just sounds like sweet-talk to cover up for something that's a bit shallow.

I rarely express my I Love Yous through words, but instead, through my actions/intent. I think if I were to try to communicate with a blind/death person, in the end, it's still about *how* I care for them that truly withstands the test of time, especially, when they're at their lowest low.
    Can't I be for both? I'm a firm believer of actions...but also words!
    "In the end it is not a matter of reason; it is a matter of love." - St. Thomas More