Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathanthegreat View Post
    TAKE MY ADVICE: I've dealt with this before. If you want to be with her you must follow this exactly:

1.) Do NOT try to contact her way too much.
    2.) Limit yourself to 1 text a week. unless she initiates.
    3.) 1 call every month. unless she initiates.
    4.) 3 posts/messages/pic comments/wall comments etc a month to her social messaging site (facebook myspace twitter etc).
    5.) Be her FRIEND. Because when this guy she is with leaves, then you are her friend. The best attribute of being a friend to a girl that you like is you can get a LOT of face time with her and that way you can slowly move in on her.
    6.) Timing is everything, how it starts is how it ends, you rushing in quickly and swiftly, it will end the same way. Slow and cautiously, same ending. Unless of course you marry her, BUT RUSHING IN WILL GET YOU NO WHERE. be PATIENT.
    7.) Live your life, have fun, don't think about her too much.
    8.) More friendship=more love=more chance of romance.

Trust me. Just trust me.
    To synapse
    1) Don't contact her at all. Yet, everytime you see her in person, feel free to talk just the same as you did before. Almost as if you are developing a friendship or something.
    2) Don't text at all until you are friends.
    3) Even when you become friends, don't call at all because she is busy with her life at the moment.
    4) No post at all on her social messaging sites (if she has any at all). How did you come accross her sites in the first place? Are you stalking her?
    5) What, is she a side of beef? Who said this guy she is with will leave? If he does, sais something for shallowness on either side. Why assume he will leave? Is she not good enough? She's not gonna notice these expectations and conspiring? Would you want to give her this impression when you only trying to develope a friendship?
    6) Timing is nothing. What's trying to be givin here is a prescription. Is nature ever receptive of a preplanned list? Becoming friends doesn't rush nor slug, it happens.
    7) Live and have fun and don't think about her too much because that's what you would have done if you were already her friend.
    8) More friendship=no stalking=no prescription=nature=no checklist=letting a friendship happen in the first place.

If you conspire you will get called on premeditation if you havn't already.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

1) Be yourself, listen too your own heart.

If she likes you for it, great. If not, find someone that does.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Being persistent to show someone you care about them, is not manipulating. Especially when you factor in that you are SELFLESSLY pursuing this person with love. You piss me off with that comment, so ignorantly making an assumption. UGH! you f_ck.
    I guess I hit a button, sorry brotha if you got hurt.

I said the last comment cause I used to know this enfj and he was doing the exact same things, like showering the girl with gifts, and bugging her to hang out all the time. she dumped him for good in the end.

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Is it persistence in pursuing? Basically just showing her that you'll care for her FOREVER, and won't stop. unless she's married of course.I read everywhere that persistence is key to success to a lot of things. Any mature women who would like to comment on this subject matter, that would be awesome. Give me your insight!!!
    1. Don't be creepy, or manipulative.
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    To synapse
    1) Don't contact her at all. Yet, everytime you see her in person, feel free to talk just the same as you did before. Almost as if you are developing a friendship or something.
    2) Don't text at all until you are friends.
    3) Even when you become friends, don't call at all because she is busy with her life at the moment.
    4) No post at all on her social messaging sites (if she has any at all). How did you come accross her sites in the first place? Are you stalking her?
    5) What, is she a side of beef? Who said this guy she is with will leave? If he does, sais something for shallowness on either side. Why assume he will leave? Is she not good enough? She's not gonna notice these expectations and conspiring? Would you want to give her this impression when you only trying to develope a friendship?
    6) Timing is nothing. What's trying to be givin here is a prescription. Is nature ever receptive of a preplanned list? Becoming friends doesn't rush nor slug, it happens.
    7) Live and have fun and don't think about her too much because that's what you would have done if you were already her friend.
    8) More friendship=no stalking=no prescription=nature=no checklist=letting a friendship happen in the first place.

If you conspire you will get called on premeditation if you havn't already.

its cool, i think jonathanthegreat is a poor perception user and fails to understand how certain actions create situations that are just as bad as another. the rule of thumb is feeling safe, manipulation isn't a safe feeling, neither is pursuit that is persistent.

whats with 4 & 5. lol

amused, its not like i expect much. and sure yes i spoke with her now by email, being direct is better than not, silly billies, you misstep the entire premise and misunderstand that honesty, genuine honesty is refreshing. there is no rejection there is only feedback. besides, while i have a lot in common with her, friendship is the best feeling, i can be myself without being an ass. though being an ass is good too, where's that donkey, i so wanna kick its ass. no puns necessary i can scowl like a fork.

MBTI
    INTP

this thread is... interesting
    I'm feeling rough, I'm feeling raw, I'm in the prime of my life.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by miked277 View Post
    this thread is... interesting
    It sure is an eye opening experience..

If you have what it takes to keep them open that is!
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Glycerine

Just be your ENFJ self. I tend to like people that are genuine, fun, and respectful of others. The biggest turn off for me is if they seem forced and unnatural. sorry, if this seems a bit biased coming from another possible ENFJ. EDIT: From what I have noticed about other ENFJs, they are one of, if not, the most charismatic types.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
    1. Don't be creepy, or manipulative.
    in regards to the quote attached to your post moses actually stretched his hand forth and parted the sea, not with his staff.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5/6w
    Socionics
    IEE

Default Is this an ex or new?

I tried to put the pieces of what you said together, but are you trying to get someone back or get them for the first time???

If this is an ex be very careful. If this is the first you will have of her BE YOU and hope she comes around. Pull out all the stops until you get tired and never be ashamed of looking stupid.

I wish you could tell us her type then we could help more, because it's different strokes for different folks.
    "Reconstruct the world by reconstructing your mind."