User Tag List

First 12

Results 11 to 16 of 16

  1. #11
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace_ View Post
    Sure it isn't, but introverts have a much higher tolerance for being alone.
    My point being that ENXPs might have a much higher tolerance for being alone than the rest of extroverts.

  2. #12
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,670

    Default

    I always find it funny why Es start to talk about how introverted they are.
    But you can claim this because standards are subjective.
    From my position at things you are far away from real introversion.

  3. #13
    Senior Member seeker22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I always find it funny why Es start to talk about how introverted they are.
    But you can claim this because standards are subjective.
    From my position at things you are far away from real introversion.
    Ok well back up your argument then - I'm curious - what does "real introversion" mean to you?

    To me, extroversion/introversion concerns how one gathers their energy when depleted.

  4. #14
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I always find it funny why Es start to talk about how introverted they are.
    But you can claim this because standards are subjective.
    From my position at things you are far away from real introversion.
    I choose to read it as.. "among those labeled 'Extroverts' by MBTI, we are the most similar to traditionally labeled introverted behavior." Which isn't too far from the truth.

    See also: this.

  5. #15
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    I choose to read it as.. "among those labeled 'Extroverts' by MBTI, we are the most similar to traditionally labeled introverted behavior." Which isn't too far from the truth.
    I am aware of that. It is just that from my subjective position you simply can't be considered introverts.


    Quote Originally Posted by seeker22 View Post
    Ok well back up your argument then - I'm curious - what does "real introversion" mean to you?

    To me, extroversion/introversion concerns how one gathers their energy when depleted.
    Here is how real introvert looks like.

    I have 0 close friends in real life.
    I am not close to my family even if we don't hate each other at all.

    I never got drunk or high with someone. Since I don't do socializing much and I don't do drugs and alcohol.

    I am in mid 20s and I have never been in love or making out with some girl.

    There are weeks in my life when I haven't talked to anyone.
    I don't even have social phobias how much socially insensitive I am.

    In high school I was known as "the Ghost" (for a reason) and I have never sleept over at some guy/girl that was going to highschool with me. .
    The last real party I was on was new year 2006.
    My future carrer is geology what means I will have to do alot of walking though "wildness" and in many cases alone.


    However I don't have no regrets.



    But I have started to change myself since this is becoming pointless even by my standards.

  6. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cheerchick23 View Post
    I heard someone once use the term "ambivert" haha, and I think a lot of healthy mature people are like this. They still PREFER one side of the E/I scale, but know how to engage both.
    Ah! I have something to call myself now. Thank goodness.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruthie View Post
    Do you think this is unique to ENFPs as opposed to all extroverts? Are there people who don't need time to recharge or have a reserved/private side?
    Well, I know some people who don't EVER seem to slow down. I wonder what their daily caffeine intake is? I mean, maybe it's just me, but I can't stand being around people for a long period of time. Does that make me an exception as an ENFP?

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I am aware of that. It is just that from my subjective position you simply can't be considered introverts.

    Here is how real introvert looks like.

    My future carrer is geology what means I will have to do alot of walking though "wildness" and in many cases alone.
    Well, that's why we're extroverts, yes? But some of us do tend to have introverted tendencies.

    There can't be a "real introvert", just like there can't be a real definition of "sane".

    I hope to be a forensic scientist. Which means I'll be working alone in a crime lab behind the scenes most of the time.

    Thus, I think your view on extroverts is a little too generalized. But then again, maybe it's just me?

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] Are ENFPs the most introverted extroverts?
    By highlander in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-19-2017, 05:31 AM
  2. [ENFP] Why are ENFPs the most "introverted extrovert"
    By The Wailing Specter in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 04-17-2017, 12:31 PM
  3. Cat/Dog, Introvert/Extrovert
    By heart in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 11-30-2016, 03:14 PM
  4. Introvert/Extrovert Face Preference Quiz
    By Charmed Justice in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 01-23-2010, 10:57 AM
  5. Being energized by people - introverted/extroverted?
    By NewEra in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-30-2009, 11:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO