User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Actually, the sheer levels of my own unreality cause constant problems and astonish my family/friends as if I'd had a head trauma.
    It's dependent on how you were reared I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    The ENFJs I know are not into social convention or rules. They are quite different from the J stereotypes (which are usually about SJs).
    Exactly. But they try to avoid conflict too hard sometimes so that they don't notice it's not actually important. "I have to finish what I start"
    Quote Originally Posted by Afkan View Post
    Guilty, as charged. Way too much managing going on around in here. When this happens my sister patronizes me by saying excessively sweetly, "Amaaaaaaanda, you look sooooooo pretty" and I get angry. But I know that if she goes to those lengths then I must be doing something pretty snotty.
    In this case, you may want to tell the ENFJ to get a life, or at least to get over themselves and have some fun. Less management should occur.
    I always just want to make ENFJs happy but they misunderstand it sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I only know one confirmed ENFJ irl and I wouldn't say she's exhausting. Actually, there's no one I know IRL who I would say is exhausting by sheer extroversion, activity, travel, energy, or talking levels. Then again, I am mighty ENFP, pretty spastic in my own right. Actually, very spastic.

ENFjs aren't spastic even according to type description, they are just...extra?

When I was a kid my nickname was 'thunder and lightning' and I got to skip nap time and run around on the playgruond with a bunch of ADD boys during nap time in pre-k/kindergarten because I was just that energetic. I run on blood sugar, anxiety, and great expectations.

So....no, I doubt I would find ENFJs exhausting IRL.

You know who are exhausting? Emotional vampires! And those are usually introverts.

HAHAHAHAHA.

*edit* No really, drama queens and kings are 'exhausting' IMO but not people who are energetic or lively. I like lively and energetic people, it's good company for me. And also curious and adventurous people. x 2
    Sure. But if they mistrust you you're lost.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Homme - You may be right. I'm tolerably sure my upbringing has made huge craters in my personality.

My ENTJ bff called yesterday and we were catching up, and she said that she's been cold-shouldered a lot lately because of her "tone" which upsets her because she's never quite sure how she sounds when she talks. She can sound and look combative without trying, really. She and I both get really embarrassed about being "too much".
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Homme - You may be right. I'm tolerably sure my upbringing has made huge craters in my personality.

My ENTJ bff called yesterday and we were catching up, and she said that she's been cold-shouldered a lot lately because of her "tone" which upsets her because she's never quite sure how she sounds when she talks. She can sound and look combative without trying, really. She and I both get really embarrassed about being "too much".
    Eventually personality types consist of two factors: Nature and nurture. I think I am most influenced by nature.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by hommefatal View Post
    Eventually personality types consist of two factors: Nature and nurture. I think I am most influenced by nature.
    Is it my nature that causes me to chase strangers from my yard and bite the mail man?
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE None

Ya know, honestly I can say that I would not feel like myself if I weren't actively exhausting everyone within my range of influence. Pushing everything to the limits. Noone seems to learn anything if they being aren't pushed, or motivated.
    Last edited by Afkan; 06-30-2009 at 07:34 PM.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Is it my nature that causes me to chase strangers from my yard and bite the mail man?
    that was funny hahah

MBTI
    GONE

Sure. But if they mistrust you you're lost.
    Ooh, tell me, what happens?

Thinking about it now, in addition to the verified ENFJ irl I also roommed with an EXFJ woman for 6 months (she was in nursing school, I lean more towards ESFJ than ENFJ), and my aunt who is some sort of high-falutin' EF.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE None

I always just want to make ENFJs happy but they misunderstand it sometimes.
    Yes, I do But if its any consolation, I have never stayed angry at an ENFP for longer than a few seconds. They are too happy and fun. And always lift up my mood.
    My sister jokes that she's my court jester.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

My ENFP twin is almost incapable of staying angry for more than 20 minutes (barring a REALLY bad situation). It's astonishing how fast she bounces back from being mad.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

I used to be under the pretense that I was an ENFJ, simply because I was trying way to hard to be one. I grew up a little bit and realised that THAT was the reason why I was so unhappy. Being an "E" is waaaay too stressful.

But I admire true Es and their ability to feed off of the company of others for energy.

Being a faux "ENFJ" was hard, hard, hard. Perhaps it was because I wasn't and ENFJ, or perhaps it was the sheer amount of social camouflage that went on. You ENFJs are a force of nature...I am in utter awe!

Amazing? Yes. Exhausting? Well...only if you're trying to emulate them unsuccessfully. I have yet to be exhausted BY one