User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Default Under the Spell of an ENFP

ENFPs are notorious for their ability to engage others and connect - reading through the forums it seems that a fair amount of people have found themselves "under the spell" of an ENFP at one point or another (I believe that's how it was described)...

My question is:

ENFPs: How do you know when you *REALLY* like someone vs. just doing our normal playful flirting thing??

I am an ENFP who recently began dating again and (without sounding like a cocky jerk) am receiving plenty of attention from the ladies - the problem is sorting out for myself WHO I REALLY LIKE???!

Honestly, I can find great qualities in EVERYONE!!! How the heck will I know who that "special" one is?? People say "you just know." I've never had that. Input??

Non-ENFPs: How did you determine that your ENFP actually LIKED YOU and was not just doing their normal flirty thing??

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

How does an ENFP know when someone likes them for "them" instead of the ENFP fun?

just adding something

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by seeker22 View Post
    Non-ENFPs: How did you determine that your ENFP actually LIKED YOU and was not just doing their normal flirty thing??

Moving in together was a good sign.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    How does an ENFP know when someone likes them for "them" instead of the ENFP fun?

just adding something
    So true. Nice addition...

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    Moving in together was a good sign.
    LOL! Umm... Yeah! Pretty big indicator!

How about PRIOR to moving in together?!

MBTI
    INTJ

ENFPs are notorious for their ability to engage others and connect - reading through the forums it seems that a fair amount of people have found themselves "under the spell" of an ENFP at one point or another (I believe that's how it was described)...
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kGPhpvqtOc"]Typcal ENFP[/YOUTUBE]
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post

just adding something
    so true. we cant know.

addition: how does ENFP know you like them for ENFP fun and not for their boobs/ass?

how do we know anything?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

LOL! Umm... Yeah! Pretty big indicator!

How about PRIOR to moving in together?!

The thing is I don't worry about whether anyone likes me, ENFP or otherwise. I act and then see where it goes. So I liked the ENFP, I continued to act on my feelings, and we ended up living together.

And that's how I knew.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    so true. we cant know.

addition: how does ENFP knows you like them for ENFP fun and not for their boobs/ass?

how do we know anything?

That cracked me up!!!

And Elaur - I believe you've mentioned before that you're married - how did you "know?" If you don't mind... =)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

First, as an ENFP, there is a *huge* difference in my style of flirting with someone I am romantically interested in and the general world of people that I find fascinating.

Every conversation may be met with a requisite intensity and curiosity and humor that infects our being. That part holds across everyone. Sometimes this can be mistaken for flirting. I always pull back though in these conversations at some point.

With a romantic interest, I don't hold back. I pull out all stops. It's like getting the full, unadulterated version of ENFP essence. I also don't use compliments quite at the same rate as when I am interested in someone. I become *more* complimentary, emboldened by my interest, and there is just no way that the other person can be confused by the attention. I'm a much braver, uninhibited version of myself. The messages received are crystal clear - I am thinking

The more you meet and get to know different people and spend time with them, the more you'll begin to distinguish between interesting people and fascinating people where there is a real mind-body connection. The romantic connection -- it hits you square in the head when you least expect it. You won't miss it. Just give it time to develop and keep examining for yourself if the person meets everything you need/want.