• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP and INTP Magnetic Pull?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You need to roll around on synthetic fabric first. Build up that static. It's how we ENFPs do it.

I have tested this and it worked!

Thank you!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm, I said this on another thread, but I have this great chemistry with an ENFP friend of mine. We are extremely close and discuss anything and everything, always straying off track. I also have been madly in love with her since I was 12, but it's not worth screwing up the friendship for me to get all lovey on her.

aww :cry:

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
I love INTPs. And, I find what you said to be true except:

"We would both rather burn in hell than talk on the phone lol."

I love my phone.

lexiphanic

MBTI Type
intp
This leads to a vicious circle where he doesn't want to do the work because he already knows it. then they think "his grades are down, he's not getting it" when he's got it way before everyone else in the class.

That will come with age/maturity. Seriously.

I'm an intp, and my best friend is an enfp, and my first serious relationship was with an enfp.
I find enfps extremely funny, and enfps tend to value me for my blunt and brutal honesty.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Weirdly, I just don't like INTPs. Maybe the ones I met were simply annoying, or maybe it's something that has to do with the type.

It's not universal, but I can see similarities as to why an INTP and I get along when we do. I think for me, it's also a familiarity thing.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Some INTP's are kinder than others. Has to do with N and F levels. A high N can substitute for being an Extremely T guy. My scores are I: 92. N: 78. T: 56. P: 36. I have quite a high T, and a very high N. I can use my N to simulate F, so then I can figure out emotionally what to do, although, it is very scary to have to emotionally do things. I am very nice to people in real life.

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
This thread makes me love ENFPs even more.

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
INTPs to me (the ENFP) are like "hellllllooo!!!! I just found my long lost mindmate!!"

Oh how I long to experience this. Haven't met an ENFP that I am aware of, but love INFP's. Maybe I am judging extroverts too harshly or something.

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
Some INTP's are kinder than others. Has to do with N and F levels. A high N can substitute for being an Extremely T guy. My scores are I: 92. N: 78. T: 56. P: 36. I have quite a high T, and a very high N. I can use my N to simulate F, so then I can figure out emotionally what to do, although, it is very scary to have to emotionally do things. I am very nice to people in real life.

I inherited NT humor from my mom (ENTP), so a kinder INTP and I get along fantastically! I love, love, LOVE INTPs. Sigh. So funny.

Today my INTP roommate sent me a picture of plastic cups in the sink. Our bagpiping roommate always steals these cups for his own purposes and they disappear for months (we assume he keeps them in his room)... well today, a stack of like 10 cups appeared! What a hoarder. Funny, Funny.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Wow, this is cool..I've always felt this. My Dad talks to me about this, too. He's an ENFP and he always tells me how most of his very best friends, even ones he has to this day, are INTPs.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
according to socionics ENFP and ISTP are suppose to get along really well.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENFP's get along well with everyone.

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Anyone else experienced this?

INTPs to me (the ENFP) are like "hellllllooo!!!! I just found my long lost mindmate!!" Not only that but we both have a bit of an offbeat, quirky humor... This leads to lots of banter and wit, which if course fuels the chemistry all around... We also like to debate one another just for the heck of it and the intellectual stimulation/challenge.

Yes. The ENFPs I've been involved have liked engaging me in the kind of fun, witty banter that you've described. I wish other types could be so fun. :)

+1 I don't have much trouble reading people's emotions and reacting accordingly, even though I'm a fairly strong T.

sculpting

ENFPs and ISTPs aren't really a perfect match. Also I find I can't handle ENFJs except at an admiring distance. They are wonderful, I just need my own corner as I freak them out.

As an enfp I have to be careful to tone down the spacticity a little with my INTPs if I want to get things done. In a relationship an enfp/intp couple would have to be very aware of the diffs in PDA, verbal commnication, and the sarcasm levels. I think we presume that intps are sweet as they are quiet, however they are quiet as they are profoundly analytical, which isnt the same as sweet. However they are still sweet??? Also I could see emo boundaries being a little odd between the two. enfps are like emo infernos once we identify something we love, and I could see that being odd to cope with initially for an intp.

however they are clever and oddly seem to like a lot of the same stuff I like, but for very different reasons, so we still have fun. They also are pretty well grounded/creative/funny and enjoy hanging out with them.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
INTP's are rarely ever sweet. When we are, we usually get shot down by someone. We're not as sweet as we are quiet, but still, NF's have an unfortunate tendancy to go litotes on issues.