• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] do INFPs have a silly switch?

+ patch

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I sometimes test INFP, so I was wondering if the famed ENFP silly switch also happens to introverts. I sometimes test INTJ or ENTP because I have a serious intellectual side. Actually, I might wake up in a mood where Im not serious at all, and stay that way for a time. A couple of ENFPs I know can be silly continually.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Silly switch is fun as long as the audience understands. This is why I often only allow it when no one is around.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I certainly do, but it doesn't get switched on very often. (At least, not in the same manner that it usually manifests itself with ENFPs.)

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
It's on my right shoulder blade, and it's more like a knob than a switch.

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Haha, my INFP silly switch is awesome. It surprises people who don't expect it, like my ENFP friend who assumes he's the craziest one of my friends. Apparently I'd been considered the shy sweet one? Pfft. Proved that wrong. ;)

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm pretty silly at heart but whether it comes out or not really depends on who I'm around. A small group of good friends and a few drinks usually does it. And ENFPs particularly seem to set me off with their wonderful goofiness. It really relaxes me to be around them because I don't feel like I have to maintain the guise of respectability/normality :D . My Dad (an ISTP) also has a seriously stupid sense of humour that like to play along with.

We INFPs don't spend our entire lives in deep and serious reflection. Sometime I feel like everyone thinks we're boring and humourless.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
If I'm not being serious and contemplative I'm usually very silly. Humor is the only way to get out of this whole life thing alive.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Definitely! I can be very, very silly. In fact, I wish someone would trip mine today cause I'm being awful negative.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Silly switch is fun as long as the audience understands. This is why I often only allow it when no one is around.

:yes:

It's nice when I feel comfortable enough with someone to get silly and not feel like a dork (in the bad way).

Chloe

oh, it turns out after all comparison ENFPs with INFPs that only difference is that INFPs are less expressive... :confused:
I think that can't be only difference. I think the vibe of INFPs and ENFPs is quite different, like ENFPs can sound less deep and more superficial than INFPs because we value expression more than thinking things trough. Maybe, just an idea.
For example, my INFP friend rarely has silly switch on her own. Even when we're two together alone I'm always the one initiating jokes and being silly, I lead more than her.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
oh, it turns out after all comparison ENFPs with INFPs that only difference is that INFPs are less expressive... :confused:
I think that can't be only difference.

I don't think it can be the only difference, either, because I'm very expressive. Does that mean I'm secretly an ENFP? Then why do I want to spend so much time alone?

I think the vibe of INFPs and ENFPs is quite different, like ENFPs can sound less deep and more superficial than INFPs because we value expression more than thinking things trough. Maybe, just an idea.
For example, my INFP friend rarely has silly switch on her own. Even when we're two together alone I'm always the one initiating jokes and being silly, I lead more than her.

I had this experience a great deal when I was younger. Maybe I've just become more confident as I've grown older - in fact, I have - but when I was a teenager it seemed that my friends would "lead" me into silliness, among other things.