• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Find INFJs fascinating or annoying? Why?

Immaculate Cloud

MBTI Type
INFJ
Fascinating!

sometimes is how cynical she is. But that's not an annoying trait. It just makes me sad because sometimes it's like she's lost hope and I want to give it back to her but I don't know how. :(

Aww, Rhapsody, here's a hug.:hug:

anyone who can feel sad at the cynical side of the INFJ and who wants to wipe out the bitterness out of their soul is to be hugged BIG time!

So yea, to the OP, I've been called too intense and stifling (that was from a IRL ENFP with quite a few narcissistic traits...), too bashful, too impulsive (from an older INFP), WAY TOO IMPULSIVE AND PASSIONATE about things, friends, etc (from a very prudent and older ISFJ). So I guess we FASCINATE and ANNOY in equal measure :D

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They are amazing to swap insights with and reflect on stuff with, and their introverted nature also works very relaxing. And they tend to make you feel very much heard.

Those that are a little bit more unbalanced though can come off occasionally judgemental with a higher than thou attitude. Sometimes they make me a bit paranoid when they decide not to tell you that in fact they are not happy with your attitude, in order to keep the peace.

I've got a lot of respect for their 'take-charge' attitude without being all overwhelming and in your face about it though, and it's a joy to have them on your team when fighting the good cause ;)

Nighthawk

MBTI Type
INTP
Only :wubbie: for INFJ.

Same here. INFJs have been around during key points in my life and been there for me during my moments of doubt and pain. Without those important individuals, I might have turned into quite a mess. They were a spiritual foundation for me when I was adrift. I seem to get along very well with them.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
The only thing that gets me about her sometimes is how cynical she is. But that's not an annoying trait. It just makes me sad because sometimes it's like she's lost hope and I want to give it back to her but I don't know how. :(

Introduce her to an ENTP. :happy:

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
The reason for starting this thread is not to fish for INFJ compliments. I just teach a lot of types of people and I'm curious what helps/bothers them about me as a teacher and also what could be good/bad as an employee or coworker. I also am interested in the absence of certain types in the NF forum. In some cases they just don't feel strongly enough to bother writing and others are totally disinterested in type generally. Of course we like hearing nice things about ourselves, but there's more to it than that. We like making other people happy and it's hard to know how to do that if different things make other people happy than would make us happy.

Rhapsody

MBTI Type
INFP
Aww, Rhapsody, here's a hug.:hug:

anyone who can feel sad at the cynical side of the INFJ and who wants to wipe out the bitterness out of their soul is to be hugged BIG time!

Thank you! :hug: And you guys contribute so much to the world, of course it is sad when the world does not give back.

Introduce her to an ENTP. :happy:

An ENTP a day keeps the INFJ's disillusionment away? :cheese:

Edit: Aww, and I just saw your post with the hearts. With all the ENTP/INFJ pairing enthusiasm around here, I am just waiting for someone to start a matching service for the two types ...

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
I am deeply fascinated by INFJs, but there are at times where I wonder if I'm dealing with a real life Frankenstein-like monster that ought to be shot, or lynched by a mob.

I know why Salem happened: an INFJ cleansing due to overpopulation.... HAD TO BE

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am deeply fascinated by INFJs, but there are at times where I wonder if I'm dealing with a real life Frankenstein-like monster that ought to be shot, or lynched by a mob.

I know why Salem happened: an INFJ cleansing. HAD TO BE

We love you too, nozzy :hug:

FC3S

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Y... You're kidding me right? INFJs are awesome when they aren't being morbidly depressing.

I mean, they're one of the few types that open up without the use of my patented...

"Introvert Prying Crowbar (TM)"

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
awww, <3 INFJs
07224bc64f725a29ed62d29f3bb79144.gif

Usehername

On a mission
I've formed a solid relationship with my INFJ professor; she's the first healthy INFJ I've clicked with (the unhealthy one being my grandmother, whom I love but who has some issues). All I have to say about her is :wubbie:. Actually, I have more to say.

She warms my heart and makes the air around me seem more friendly and breatheable. I've talked to her for what probably totals to two hours or so about a very personal and stressful subject--something that I don't even share with many of my close friends. Then she replies, completely baffled, "how are you not on drugs! or seeing several psychiatrists! dealing with that kind of situation is the kind of thing that really f*cks people up!"
But the truth is that little things like listening to a 10-minute story about her misadventures in getting a canary as a 7th pet really make me happy and carry me through harder times. And the truth is that just being around her and interacting with her would enable me to maintain a settled soul for a month.*

She listens so well and I can just be honest with her and not hold her at arms length like I feel I need to do with nearly every other person on the planet.

I'd do just fine in university without her, but she makes it 10^10x more worth it and more rewarding. I took 3 of her classes. I also love that she's wicked smart and that she's smarter than me. I only wish she'd share more of her moodiness with me (currently magnified because she's quite pregnant), because I think she thinks she needs to be in a good mood for me to enjoy her company. I don't pick up others' feelings like she does; I'd enjoy listening to her vent. But of course this might just be the power dynamic that still remains in our relationship; we're still professor-student, despite how many stories she would be willing to tell me about herself if I asked.

*(Other things that help, for example, are little things like teaching a 25-month-old cousin how to stick her tongue out as a game, and then seeing that now 3-year-old cousin stick her tongue out at the church choir as they're performing a somber piece, getting a few of them to smirk, and then having the 3-year-old eventually turn half the choir into a state unable to sing because she keeps getting a rise out of the choir members... and knowing this all stems back to a small moment when I stuck my tongue out at her last year... priceless. These things help too.)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFJs are either pretty cool people or they are just way too complicated. I know all INFJs are complicated in one way or another, but the trick is not letting it get in the way of your normal relations. The ones that do that are like :doh:. Otherwise they have been pretty cool people.

One thing I don't understand is why INFJs are special enough to create a million retarded threads about. "INFJs and japan" or "INFJs and sleep", the list goes on >_>.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
There's no word to express how wierd and pathetic that whole fanboyish thing some people here seem to enjoy is to me.

Real grown up people don't adorate some 'type' of people. That's just I don't know, fetishism.