• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Find INFJs fascinating or annoying? Why?

Usehername

On a mission
INFJs are either pretty cool people or they are just way too complicated. I know all INFJs are complicated in one way or another, but the trick is not letting it get in the way of your normal relations. The ones that do that are like :doh:. Otherwise they have been pretty cool people.

One thing I don't understand is why INFJs are special enough to create a million retarded threads about. "INFJs and japan" or "INFJs and sleep", the list goes on >_>.

You'll notice that INxJs make the most threads about themselves. It's the Ni dominant need to focus and fixate on one or two things, analyzing them from every viewpoint. And when we say every viewpoint, we mean every possible viewpoint we can imagine ourselves or gain from others.

Those "few things" that we focus on would often be (a) ourselves and (b) our relationships of every kind. So to look at them from every viewpoint we might desire help (especially if we're logging in to a forum focused on knowing selves and bettering relationships). We'd get there on our own from analyzing our behaviour or others' perceptions of us, but this is why we're on a typology forum, no?

S

Sniffles

You people sicken me with all your mushy sentimentality.
sick.gif

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
There's no word to express how wierd and pathetic that whole fanboyish thing some people here seem to enjoy is to me.

Real grown up people don't adorate some 'type' of people. That's just I don't know, fetishism.

Every type has qualities I admire. But some types have more of these than others. INFJ is one of those types.

But I agree it's weird when people decide they have to have a specific type. I wouldn't want someone who only wants ENTPs.

Or maybe I would. That would be a weird thing to want. I'd be curious. :happy:

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Every type has qualities I admire. But some types have more of these than others. INFJ is one of those types.

But I agree it's weird when people decide they have to have a specific type. I wouldn't want someone who only wants ENTPs.

Or maybe I would. That would be a weird thing to want. I'd be curious. :happy:

Oh i'm just starting this crazy rumor about entps being mature and responsible citizens. ;)

Oddly Refined

Enneagram
There's no word to express how wierd and pathetic that whole fanboyish thing some people here seem to enjoy is to me.

Real grown up people don't adorate some 'type' of people. That's just I don't know, fetishism.

:yes:

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I have an INFJ friend who I find both fascinating and baffling at the same time. I always thought that I was a rather negative person...'til I met her. She can out-downer me any day of the week. And yeah, she's got that weird paranoia thing going on as well. But she's also really nice and conscientious. The sweet type that's honest and would never, under normal circumstances, do anything to purposefully harm anyone (or thing). And also, she's kind of fragile. I definitely have to walk on eggshells around her.

Okay, so conclusion:

Annoying: her moods are powerful and stifling. She can be self-righteous. She could stand to be a little more playful and less serious (sometimes). She can detect my emotional state to an alarming degree of accuracy (which is bad because I don't like to share that kind of thing with other people).

Um, not annoying: We have a sort-of unspoken understanding. Unanimity of mind. Extremely intuitive and empathetic (though with the caveat on the benefits of empathy explained above). To a degree I had hitherto not known from other people.

Frank

One thing I completely respect about you guys is your willingness to stand up for something you believe in. Sometimes it literally turns into a crusade. One thing I found annoying is the sometimes illogical ways the ones I have known went about making their stands.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
^^Yeah, my INFJ friend always says that she would like to be locked-up in jail for protesting. I ask why, and she never really has a reply. I think she just likes the romanticism involved in being arrested for a worthy cause.

Silent Stars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
The only thing that gets me about her sometimes is how cynical she is. But that's not an annoying trait. It just makes me sad because sometimes it's like she's lost hope and I want to give it back to her but I don't know how. :(
I can be very cynical (though I am actually a very positive person), and it can be easy to let it get out of control (and it has at times for me), but I think that if it can be dealt with in a proper manner (regardless of just how cynical you are), it can be very healthy, in that it provides many more angles with which to see things, and can help you to connect to and help others who are also cynical, but are dealing with it in an unhealthy way. I view cynicism as a tool that, if not used properly, can hurt yourself and others a great deal.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INFJs are definitely fascinating, from what I know in real life. They don't annoy me, but what I've seen is that they're difficult to "reach," and they don't take steps to make it easier to do so, either.

It's hard to put my finger on it, really. At any present moment, they seem to barely even want other people in their lives, but in the long run they make it obvious that they do want that, very much. This is not only for romantic-level contact, it's something that's encountered right away with an INFJ I know. (May be just a statistical outlier)

Silent Stars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
It's hard to put my finger on it, really. At any present moment, they seem to barely even want other people in their lives, but in the long run they make it obvious that they do want that, very much. This is not only for romantic-level contact, it's something that's encountered right away with an INFJ I know. (May be just a statistical outlier)
I'd say that's pretty common.

amelie

MBTI Type
XNFJ
INFJs are definitely fascinating, from what I know in real life. They don't annoy me, but what I've seen is that they're difficult to "reach," and they don't take steps to make it easier to do so, either.

I generally don't work at establishing relationships with people - I let them make it clear to me that they want to be friends before I feel comfortable asking them to do things together, and of course, I have to make sure that I'm going to feel comfortable getting closer to them. I'm easy to get to know casually, but hard to get to really be friends with. But, yes, in my case, I do want that very much. Maybe it's just me, but that's my experience.