• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] How do NF's talk to S's in general?

mrgorbachev

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Even though I definitely agree with the comments way back that were just "like people." But I will give the OP the benefit of the doubt and assume what was meant was "How do you maximize a conversation with an SJ so you both get something meaningful out of it?"

Whenever I talk to someone who has a preference for SJ I try to "come down from the stratosphere" a bit, and just talk about how things are. Some SJ's are very interesting-- we can have conversations and both bring different perspective to the table, but I will admit that it is frustrating for me (and must be frustrating for them) when my own natural inclination towards abstraction and flights of fancy occur.

My mother is an ISFJ and she is very good about "the real world" but she doesn't like when I start talking about books I'm reading or that kind of thing because it's not something she finds engaging. It's not like she's dumb-- she's absolutely amazing at running things, has her feet firmly on the ground, and is generally what keeps the household moving along.

Just my personal view, obviously.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
He means anything that can be observed, like, for example, the universe expanding. Just don't drag god into it...

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
The above NF wins. I often do have to explain things to S's four times over in real life.

faith

MBTI Type
INFJ
I enjoy a good chat with an S. It helps if I think of it as a chat rather than a talk. A talk is usually N-territory, but a chat is easy and friendly without too many expectations. I get information from them about growing or building or making things. I get information from them about how and what everyone is doing in the family. I listen to them tell me about the details of their recent week or vacation or whatever. We discuss the whats and wheres of relationships (rather than the hows and whys).

Unique

The above NF wins. I often do have to explain things to S's four times over in real life.

The only thing I hope that happens for you in real life is someone whacking you across the head

Maybe you have to explain things 4 times because you don't know how to communicate to people? Not because they are S.

BTW the NF was joking, and so was I but sadly you actually think this way about S's

Proof of not all NTs being intelligent is your existence

Jonathanthegreat

MBTI Type
ENFJ
The only slow thing I hope for you is your.... oh my we won't go there... not in the NF forum...

*removes glove and slaps you in the face*

I challenge you to a duel!

haha jk I usually do have to take my time when teaching S's (I tutored an ESTP in chemistry and had to go over things a lot for her, but she got an A :) )
I think its because I can easily conceptualize things in my head and see it and its hard for an S to do that when I am teaching in a more intuitive fashion. ESFP's can be pretty quick to learn things, good learners too IMO.

My death will be glorious regardless of how long it will take btw ;)

Unique

I officially form an alliance with you sir.

You're allying yourself with such BRILLIANT posts such as:

Unfortunately, you cannot. They would not understand. We can use practice and drills to become better at S, but they ultimately, would not be able to understand N.

Welcome to Typology Central. I'm mortabunt. Edit: (Original Post edited by a mod so I'm editing this one out as well) The NF forum is very welcoming. The NT forum is scientific, in a certain manner. The SJ forum is practically a ghostown. The SP forum is decent, although its sparsely active, and if you enter the wrong comment, you will be swarmed by angry replies. May you enjoy and benefit from your membership to this forum. FR me if you have any questions, or anything else you want to talk about.

*Fap fap fap fap* you done there?

Closed mindedness: Too much J. Will only accept whatever falls into their category of veiw. Ignores or pogroms that which does not fit in.
Open mindedness: The capability to admit that others are right, even if you do not agree.

Love the irony in this one...

Giggity goo.

We're clearly dealing with an intelligent being here...

NT's on teamwork: Used to acheive a great efficiency and effect when solitary word would not suffice.

In an SPs and teamwork thread...

I often hate ESTP's. Cocky and jumping to conclusions.
Don't even start it annoying stalkers from the SP forums!

Didn't you know? All ESTPs are cocky and jump to conclusions... oh wait mortabunt didn't even bother to get to know me before jumping to conclusions because I'm an ESTP

He says ESTPs are this and that he gets a bad response from when he had a stab at ESTPs about then uses that against us

More greatness...

To all N's: once you emerge from the sensor's world: you never want to go back. Information drawn from Temple Brandon.

Toughen up wuss *slashes INFP in the face.*

*Cringes*

I don't get along well with S's. Mostly because they are too simple to understand my meaning.

Sensor see, sensor in interperet literally.

ESTP women: manipulative, flirty bitches. I've met quite a few of them. The jury is decided until I get more data. Also, try an NT boss. They are the people who find your office and really make it better.

Sexist and arrogant! Who couldn't love him?

Righto

ESTP interests: orgies, making fools of themselves, making fun of INTP's, getting powned by INTP's, and who could forget, posting half the crappy stuff on youtube.

Oh no the ESTPs defended themselves when you stereotyped and belittled them all thats so terrible mortabunt

How are you going to meet an ESTP that you 'like' and 'get along with' if you keep talking bad about them

Oh and feel free to go through my posts, never have I once said anything to stereotype INTPs or say negative things because unlike your immature self I'm actually aware that there is a lot of variance in INTPs and some are bad (for example you) and some are good

*removes glove and slaps you in the face*

I challenge you to a duel!

haha jk I usually do have to take my time when teaching S's (I tutored an ESTP in chemistry and had to go over things a lot for her, but she got an A :) )
I think its because I can easily conceptualize things in my head and see it and its hard for an S to do that when I am teaching in a more intuitive fashion. ESFP's can be pretty quick to learn things, good learners too IMO.

My death will be glorious regardless of how long it will take btw ;)

Indeed. Different teaching styles are better for different people though, good to see you're trying but be aware that only about 30-40% of people are visual learners and there are about 10% that are kinesthetic learners (whom are mostly S types)

It's not that they are not intelligent its that the information is received in a different way

Unique

Making up implies that there was friendship to begin with but he has it in his head before he met myself that ESTPs are the devil incarnate

He may as well hate me for being white or black, same thing really

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
You haven't read some of my newer posts.
Quote: "No offensse Unique." I have begun to accoutn for intratypological variety; singling out good and bad examples.

Last edited: