User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 194

  1. #41
    Senior Member FC3S's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    666
    Socionics
    777
    Posts
    371

    Default

    You wanted to know what the producers were thinking and...

    ...

    Whaaaaat?!

    That is so.... sooo, boring.

    /s moment

    Movies are meant to be enjoyed. Why kill the buzz? That's what you were doing to your S friend. Here you are, putting her beneath you because she doesn't think the same way.

    That's shallow.

    On another note, I had an ENFJ that did this samet hing, but the roles were reversed. I was ranting and raving about getting this most wicked and bodaciously awesome car. She asked if it had a turbo.

    Wait, whaaaat?! BUZZKILLER!
    ESTP - Definition: "Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target a 120 km away, with an aratech sniper rifle and tri-light scope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. #42
    Senior Member MrME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    383

    Default

    I find it pretty easy to speak to S-types, but I may have an advantage since I'm the only N among my immediate family.

    Just remember to keep your comments straight-forward and try not to make too many observations about "things unseen." Keep your comments focused on concrete reality and you should be OK.

    Find N-type friends to discuss Wall-E's underlying themes and messages, character motivations, etc. Under the surface, the unseen ideas that the filmmakers intended. Personally, me and my N-type movie-buff friends eat that kind of conversation up.

    For S-types, talk about what specific scenes in Wall-E made you laugh or cry, and then give a quick and straight-forward reason if you're so inclined. Talk about what happened in the story itself rather than underlying themes and ideas.

    Whoever it was in this thread who blew off the idea of a children's movie having subtext and deeper themes, however, is talking out of his butthole.
    INFJ
    4w5

  3. #43
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrME View Post
    Just remember to keep your comments straight-forward and try not to make too many observations about "things unseen." Keep your comments focused on concrete reality and you should be OK.

    It struck me in reading your post how intuitives, such as the OP, can get to this point where they feel annoyed in communicating with sensors (not to make it into "us vs. them"...but, well...). This seems like some kind of survival tip or something, haha.

    It seems intuitives are often the ones who have to adjust our communication style, being in the minority. That can get old & tiring. It's nice when sensors can see our perspective and adjust a bit for us.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  4. #44
    Senior Member Galusha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7?
    Posts
    204

    Default

    NFs I know talk to S-types like they talk to children. simple concepts. they generally make better friends if they're party buddies or something; one of the best concert-going teams that I know is a xNFJ/ESTP combo. the interaction works better, I think, if it's action-oriented instead of discussion-based.

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    +1

    Seems funny that we tend to get lumped together with something (convention/tradition) that goes counter to what the temperament is all about.
    Damn straight next person to call us SJs is going to get thrown into an SP party till they hug a toilet

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    It's something I don't get. NTs are often considered very different from NFs, even if both of them are quite similar in terms of information processing. SPs on the other hand are seen as only a few organized folders and a clean desk away from being SJs.
    Exactly? who the f*ck started this? It's so laughable

    SPs and SJs act so differently and for the record, most SJs I don't even get along with! No offense meant here... there are defiantly exceptions, especially the ISFJs

    But seriously we're ARTISANS we aren't the "upholders" or the "traditionalists" I'm so sick of this cr*p coming out of peoples mouths or hands smashing sh*t into their keyboards

    and yes I've had too much coffee today!

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    669

    Default

    LOL ... wow.

    I think maybe one reason I've accidentally lumped S's all together at times is because they don't like to talk about abstract concepts, which is one of my favorite things to do. I am always reminding myself, "Oh yeah. S. Steer clear of that."

    But yeah, you're right ... there is NO way my SP friends are the traditionalists!
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%

  7. #47
    Senior Member Snow Turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Just remember to keep your comments straight-forward and try not to make too many observations about "things unseen." Keep your comments focused on concrete reality and you should be OK.
    This makes Kai a sad panda.

    Just remember that it's best to go on individual basis, rather than to quickly type someone as sensor and then decide that it's best to apply that method based on theory. Otherwise it'll only act as a limiting barrier and confirmation bias. A sensor might only be discussing these sort of thing, because that's all that is ever being discussed and so fourth.

  8. #48
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    This makes Kai a sad panda.

    Just remember that it's best to go on individual basis, rather than to quickly type someone as sensor and then decide that it's best to apply that method based on theory. Otherwise it'll only act as a limiting barrier and confirmation bias. A sensor might only be discussing these sort of thing, because that's all that is ever being discussed and so fourth.
    Yea, same here.
    I'd feel like a total idiot if people only talked to me only using concrete words and concrete things. Luckily, I don't live in an MBTI based world where are judging whether i'm an S or an N. That would be annoying. I, (and I imagine most intelligent people- yes, that includes intelligent sensors- no, that is not an oxy moron.) Anyway, we prefer to be spoken to as you would speak to anyone else. Just because we're not initiating these "deep" and abstract conversations does not mean we're not kind, uninterested, or do not understand, or are not willing to listen. Its like, just like with anyone else- be articulate and make clear what you're talking about to communicate. Use your words and most people should understand unless they are a little dense. And don't hang around with people who are dumber than you if you don't want to. That applies to both S's and N's.

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    669

    Default

    I'm confused. What was said that made sensors feel like we N's think they're dumb? I don't think you're dumb just because you don't always like discussing the same things N's do.

    My brother's wife is an ISFP. If I talk to her about philosophy or something, she just stands there blinking and says, "Really? Do you really want me to care about this?" If I talked to her about symbolism in a cartoon, she'd probably laugh and call me weird, but get a kick out of my weirdness.

    She's extremely intelligent. It's not that I think she's dumb and I need to dumb down my conversation when I'm around her. I just avoid talking to her about those things because I know it bores her.
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%

  10. #50
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sabastious View Post
    I have tested 88% Intuitive and naturally I have a serious communication problem with S's in general.

    They always seem to give me a look of almost disgust that I care so much about seemingly light issues.

    A perfect example would be talking about movies, something I really enjoy talking about. The movie would be WALL-E.

    I really saw what the makers of WALL-E were trying to get at. WALL-E and EVE broke out of their "programming" when it seemed to be obsolete. The AUTO bot was just the opposite, he followed "orders" to a fault and nearly killed all the people he was created to protect on the Axiom.

    I was explaining this to an S and her reply was: "WALL-E makes funny noises." It was a bit tough and cheeck but that's how the conversation ended. She was basically saying that she couldn't care less about the moral values of the story, and I would assume she is confused why I would care about them.

    So, how does a strong NF like myself comminucate with S's? So far it's been an epic fail at every turn.

    I understand your point Sabastious, but honestly I think Wall-E is a poor example, because the entire film seemed very straightforward. I sawno inner tension or need to interpret multiple meanings. Now if you said a film, like say...Remains of the Day or Breaking the Waves, I could see your point.

    Anyway, I usually test somewhere between 95 and 98% intuitive. I don't think many people understand for someone like myself, I practically live in the world of the invisible, intangible connections between the concrete real world. It's always on me to bridge the gap between S and N, because ultimately I'm seen as the one who is either "reading too much into a situation", thinking too much", "not getting to THE point", have a wacky point of view that others don't see, (but will eventually see with time). I say the world is round, but other folks are saying it's flat. The constant frustration I feel in communicating with others, is very real. Even with other Ns who feel like Ss to me. My strategy is to dumb everything down. Limit myself to one or two lines of of real world concepts and call it a day. Especially if I'm not investing in the person or I don't care. Why bother otherwise? Honestly, I think this very N/S thing is what makes me the loner I am. I'd much rather be alone than be among those who fail to understand me.

Similar Threads

  1. How do you find things to talk about?
    By baccheion in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-23-2013, 06:45 PM
  2. [NF] How do NFs view INTJs?
    By Jgib5328 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 152
    Last Post: 12-22-2008, 10:21 AM
  3. [NF] How do NFs experience crushes?
    By Usehername in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 12-05-2008, 03:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO