User Tag List

First 917181920 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Even though I definitely agree with the comments way back that were just "like people." But I will give the OP the benefit of the doubt and assume what was meant was "How do you maximize a conversation with an SJ so you both get something meaningful out of it?"

Whenever I talk to someone who has a preference for SJ I try to "come down from the stratosphere" a bit, and just talk about how things are. Some SJ's are very interesting-- we can have conversations and both bring different perspective to the table, but I will admit that it is frustrating for me (and must be frustrating for them) when my own natural inclination towards abstraction and flights of fancy occur.

My mother is an ISFJ and she is very good about "the real world" but she doesn't like when I start talking about books I'm reading or that kind of thing because it's not something she finds engaging. It's not like she's dumb-- she's absolutely amazing at running things, has her feet firmly on the ground, and is generally what keeps the household moving along.

Just my personal view, obviously.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    You want to have a deep discussion with an S? Learn time and place for it first and for gods sake pick a better topic!

Well said!

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

He means anything that can be observed, like, for example, the universe expanding. Just don't drag god into it...

MBTI
    ENFJ

How do I talk to an S? Slowly and I use small words and pretty pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathanthegreat View Post
    How do I talk to an S? Slowly and I use small words and pretty pictures.
    The only slow thing I hope for you is your.... oh my we won't go there... not in the NF forum...

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

The above NF wins. I often do have to explain things to S's four times over in real life.

MBTI
    INFJ

I enjoy a good chat with an S. It helps if I think of it as a chat rather than a talk. A talk is usually N-territory, but a chat is easy and friendly without too many expectations. I get information from them about growing or building or making things. I get information from them about how and what everyone is doing in the family. I listen to them tell me about the details of their recent week or vacation or whatever. We discuss the whats and wheres of relationships (rather than the hows and whys).

Quote Originally Posted by mortabunt View Post
    The above NF wins. I often do have to explain things to S's four times over in real life.
    The only thing I hope that happens for you in real life is someone whacking you across the head

Maybe you have to explain things 4 times because you don't know how to communicate to people? Not because they are S.

BTW the NF was joking, and so was I but sadly you actually think this way about S's

Proof of not all NTs being intelligent is your existence

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by mortabunt View Post
    I officially form an alliance with you sir.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    The only slow thing I hope for you is your.... oh my we won't go there... not in the NF forum...
    *removes glove and slaps you in the face*

I challenge you to a duel!

haha jk I usually do have to take my time when teaching S's (I tutored an ESTP in chemistry and had to go over things a lot for her, but she got an A )
    I think its because I can easily conceptualize things in my head and see it and its hard for an S to do that when I am teaching in a more intuitive fashion. ESFP's can be pretty quick to learn things, good learners too IMO.

My death will be glorious regardless of how long it will take btw