First 71516171819 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Not really, using only sensing, a red light is just a light, same as any other light including green ones. It takes intuition to interpret the symbolic meaning of a red light at a set of traffic lights.

With intuition red means stop, without intuition red just means red.

Of course these are intuition and sensing in their most basic form but that is how I interpret them.
    yea or if a woman asks you "do I look fat in this dress?" (and she did) a person not using intuition may say "yes."

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

So any type of symbolism is intuition? I'm not sure I buy that. A dog could learn the traffic patterns caused by signal lights.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    So any type of symbolism is intuition? I'm not sure I buy that. A dog could learn the traffic patterns caused by signal lights.
    Interpreting symbols is a very basic form of it, at least that's what I think. Why wouldn't we expect very basic and raw forms of similar brain functions to ours in animals?
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by sabastious View Post
    I have tested 88% Intuitive and naturally I have a serious communication problem with S's in general.

They always seem to give me a look of almost disgust that I care so much about seemingly light issues.

A perfect example would be talking about movies, something I really enjoy talking about. The movie would be WALL-E.

I really saw what the makers of WALL-E were trying to get at. WALL-E and EVE broke out of their "programming" when it seemed to be obsolete. The AUTO bot was just the opposite, he followed "orders" to a fault and nearly killed all the people he was created to protect on the Axiom.

I was explaining this to an S and her reply was: "WALL-E makes funny noises." It was a bit tongue and cheek but that's how the conversation ended. She was basically saying that she couldn't care less about the moral values of the story, and I would assume she is confused why I would care about them.
    This may be a bit off topic, but I feel like I should point out that not all Sensors would do BS like that. That's a pretty shallow S you're talking about. If someone said something like that to me, I'd be offended too.

See, if you said that to me, my response would be "Oh, interesting. I hadn't thought about it that way. What struck me most about the film was its message involving instant gratification culture. Those people on the ship struck me instantly as being parodies/exaggerations of TV-obsessed, fast-food-eating westerners, who live by the screen so much that they can't even see the people around them. It's a warning to the world (especially Americans) that they should go outside and live a little."
    And I am NOT borderline on S/N. Not even close.

Key point: we aren't all like that! I have an ESFP friend who could talk philosophy with you all day, and not get bored. I have an INFJ friend who thinks so literally that I have a hard time getting my points across to her sometimes. But we AREN'T mistyped! It really just depends on the person.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

And anyone who ever took a high school (11th or 12th grade, probably) English class knows about metaphor, and about analyzing literature and film. Not all Sensors fail English!
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

That's because dogs have Intuition. How else do you think they learn?

One thing people on here seem to neglect is that even animals have Intuition. So obviously a human Sensor is going to have a basic Intuitive capacity that far exceeds that of an animal. No one seems to acknowledge that in relating their experiences with them, though.

In fact, I would say that animals rely on their Intuition far more completely than people do, though it's less sophisticated. Think about it... no one specifically teaches them all the skills they need, but they figure out what they need to do creatively. They can often predict storms before people do. They can often learn to make rather complex associations between things if trained. They're extremely creative, they just can't hold on to memory of enough details or express as many of these ideas in a form outside of themselves. If anything, humans are more S than animals, and not the other way around. How often do you see an animal dwelling on details rather than focusing on what's relevant to itself? How often do you see a human doing this? Think about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Anyone with half a brain can realize how completely false the first statement is, so I won't bother providing reasons why it is such.

Your second statement seems to contradicts the first. Is intuition needed in the world or not?
    Now who is taking things too literally

I never said a world without intuition would be a good one (far from it) all I'm saying is that it would be possible to still operate

If you don't think a pure sensing world would operate I'd like to know why... sure red wouldn't mean stop... in a pure sensing world there wouldn't be red there would be STOP... eh don't see how that makes operation impossible

A pure intuition world wouldn't be so easy, without the 5 senses to guide anyone things would become difficult to say the least...

But this is really off topic

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    Now who is taking things too literally
    I said something about taking things too literally? Do all of your debates consist of putting words in others' mouths?

If you don't think a pure sensing world would operate I'd like to know why... sure red wouldn't mean stop... in a pure sensing world there wouldn't be red there would be STOP... eh don't see how that makes operation impossible
    You would need to come up with the idea of a stop sign in the first place. Which would require intuition.

A pure intuition world wouldn't be so easy
    Right. Both sensing and intuition are needed.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    That's because dogs have Intuition. How else do you think they learn?

Sorry I brought up dogs. That so wasn't the point.

But to answer your question, they most often learn by repetition.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    yea or if a woman asks you "do I look fat in this dress?" (and she did) a person not using intuition may say "yes."
    well fine, if people don't want the truth, then don't ask me. sheesh, if you look fat in a dress and you ask i'm assuming you want the want the truth, so you know never to wear that dress again.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so