First 61415161718 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    I did but because my opinion is different than your own you choose to see it that way

THATS too bad
    You couldn't possibly more wrong about that.:rolli: But hey, if that's what you want to believe, then so be it. I'm done wasting my time on you.
    Enneagram 9w1 sp/so
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I think a lot of that conflict has to do with the opposite typing thing though... There tends to be a large communication gap between opposite types (typically, not always though).

On the contrary, I get along just fine and have zero communication problems with Unique, and I'm INFP. NF and S communication there is flawless.

It's less about NF and S and more type specific when it comes to communication problems from what I've seen.
    This!, and yes typically I don't get along with my opposite though there has been some exceptions

Ah thank god the cat comes in here with some common sense

Typically I've had great relations with INFPs, ENFPs and some ENFJs and don't have communication difficulties

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Its like Lauren Ashley mentioned- this thread is pretty ironic. S's and N's having miscommunications.
    It's disheartening to me that you see it this way, though I'm unaware of if you read my post earlier stating that I believe its more likely communication problems in this thread have been from type opposites rather than a N/S misunderstanding

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Well... no...
    things are the way that people make of things!
    The chair is whatever the chair is to you.
    And the chair is whatever the chair is to me..
    and the chair is whatever the chair is to an N....

And certainly abstract ideas "come in handy".. because the idea of the chair was abstract to begin with...

Then there was the person who made the chair come to life-. That was an important role, too...

So yes we live in a concrete world with chairs and things... but the concrete world never came without abstract thoughts...

They are all important.
    You are only aware of the chair from using your 5 senses

My point is that everyone must use sensing to operate in the world however you don't need to use intuition to operate in the world

Somehow all the overly emotional people have taken that as me having a go at NFs or making out like they are useless when I don't know how many times I've said how useful and needed they really are

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

I don't get along well with S's. Mostly because they are too simple to understand my meaning.

Sensor see, sensor in interperet literally.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

My point is that everyone must use sensing to operate in the world however you don't need to use intuition to operate in the world

Somehow all the overly emotional people have taken that as me having a go at NFs or making out like they are useless when I don't know how many times I've said how useful and needed they really are
    Anyone with half a brain can realize how completely false the first statement is, so I won't bother providing reasons why it is such.

Your second statement seems to contradicts the first. Is intuition needed in the world or not?

MBTI
    xSFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1

This thread is ridiculous.

Everybody have a cookie. *offers cookies*
    Si, Fe equal Fi & Ti

"I had a bag of Fritos, they were Texas grilled Fritos. These Fritos had grill marks on them. They remind me of summer, when we used to fire up the barbeque and throw down some Fritos. I can still see my dad with the apron on. Better flip that Frito, dad, you know how I like it." -Mitch Hedberg

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by wrldisquiethere View Post

Oh so now you think that S's will be bribed with cookies!!!

This is outrageous.

Just cause i'm an ESFP doesn't mean that I can be bribed with delicious homemade mouth watering delectable treats... (eyes cookie)

But I don't want to hurt your feelings.. so i'll take one... but not cause I want one. But because you're an F an you'll cry if I don't. But not because I want to...

(takes two.)

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Not really, using only sensing, a red light is just a light, same as any other light including green ones. It takes intuition to interpret the symbolic meaning of a red light at a set of traffic lights.

With intuition red means stop, without intuition red just means red.

Of course these are intuition and sensing in their most basic form but that is how I interpret them.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Not really, using only sensing, a red light is just a light, same as any other light including green ones. It takes intuition to interpret the symbolic meaning of a red light at a set of traffic lights.

With intuition red means stop, without intuition red just means red.

Of course these are intuition and sensing in their most basic form but that is how I interpret them.

These are the most basic forms of Intuition. Which is why there's such a strong bias towards N. People here are very much aware of having these basic forms, and can even take these forms a little further if they think on it (which they're often challenged and encouraged to do here, while this is often discouraged in other environments). The problem is that we don't have a good "feel" for how much N can be expected from an S, and S just gets taken for granted as stuff that's common to everyone: memory, and perceiving things like color and beauty.

The common idea of N includes S, but the common idea of S fails to incorporate N to the same degree. There are enough "empty souls" and shallow, impulsive people in the world that people feel a need to attribute this to something like type. Truth be told, these people with such unhealthy S behavior (if it even has anything to do with S) are probably as likely to be Ns acting out their shadow as actual sensors. It could also be unhealthy group dynamics, upbringing, psychological problems unrelated to type, cultural clash, etc...

This is what I consciously believe, but sometimes the old stereotypes slip out in my gut reactions.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by wrldisquiethere View Post

I've already had some cookies today, so no thanks.
    Enneagram 9w1 sp/so
    [sigpic][/sigpic]