User Tag List

First 51314151617 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

"How do NF's talk to S's in general?"

It seems the easiest way to answer this would be to ask NFs who have done it successfully.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Nice post-
    Great point.

(now that we're thoroughly off topic )
    But I think that's a good way of trying to explain the importance of both S and N without making stereotypes for either.
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    A) I take nothing personally
    B) You obviously failed to read the part where I stated that the abstract comes into play and is extremely useful, however the world is primarily concrete
    A) You accused him of stereotyping, which is not what he was doing. If you were not taking it personally, you would've seen that.
    B) Care to back that up? I've already provided a good bit of reasoning that contradicts what you're saying. 'Concrete' and 'abstract' are just two sides of the same coin. Just because one cannot directly observe the abstract properties of the world doesn't mean that their presence is somehow lesser.
    Enneagram 9w1 sp/so
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I hung out with an ESTP and ENFJ yesterday. I didn't have any trouble communicating with the ESTP at all. No filtering, no censorship, nothing. In fact, it took several hours of exposure to him before I even figured out he was an S-type.
    INFJ
    4w5

Oh for f**k sake the fairy land thing was a joke. Haven't you seen the motivational posters? They were made by N's anyway so its hardly my joke to begin with.

As for N's trying to make out like this world isn't primarily concrete, I got one thing only to say to you, touch the chair you are sitting in. Feels pretty real huh?

Yes the abstract comes in handy, yes new ideas mostly come from initiatives but no we don't live in a fantasy world, things are concrete.

Why do you think initiatives come here?! As a haven away from S world!

*facepalm*

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj

Oh for f**k sake the fairy land thing was a joke. Haven't you seen the motivational posters? They were made by N's anyway so its hardly my joke to begin with.

As for N's trying to make out like this world isn't primarily concrete, I got one thing only to say to you, touch the chair you are sitting in. Feels pretty real huh?

Yes the abstract comes in handy, yes new ideas mostly come from initiatives but no we don't live in a fantasy world, things are concrete.

*facepalm*
    Yeah, you're obviously not listening to a word I'm saying. That's too bad.
    Enneagram 9w1 sp/so
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Basically how I talk with anyone--keep in mind that there will always be people different than me. And it would be pretty goddamn boring if everyone agreed with me and held the same views.
    "So I say, live and let live. Thatís my motto. Live and let live.
    Anyone who canít go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker."
    - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Stars View Post
    Yeah, you're obviously not listening to a word I'm saying. That's too bad.
    I did but because my opinion is different than your own you choose to see it that way

THATS too bad

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

*facepalm*
    Well... no...
    things are the way that people make of things!
    The chair is whatever the chair is to you.
    And the chair is whatever the chair is to me..
    and the chair is whatever the chair is to an N....

And certainly abstract ideas "come in handy".. because the idea of the chair was abstract to begin with...

Then there was the person who made the chair come to life-. That was an important role, too...

So yes we live in a concrete world with chairs and things... but the concrete world never came without abstract thoughts...

They are all important.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Its like Lauren Ashley mentioned- this thread is pretty ironic. S's and N's having miscommunications.

I think that "communication" involves sending a message to another person that should be properly received. If the communicator hasn't sent his/her message in words that do not properly describe what he/ or her is trying to say- in language that isn't articulate enough- (describing the abstract or concrete) than the receiver has less of an ability to understand. There are other reasons for miscommunication- the person receiving is not intelligent enough, unwilling to listen for personal or emotional reasons- etc. I don't think that this has to do with an S/N divide. It has to do with many many other factors. And if someone really really wants to send the message, than perhaps they should think about the reason that it is not getting through. If someone wants to receive a message- same deal. I guess that's my beef with the OP-.... and much of the rest of this thread...

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think a lot of that conflict has to do with the opposite typing thing though... There tends to be a large communication gap between opposite types (typically, not always though).

On the contrary, I get along just fine and have zero communication problems with Unique, and I'm INFP. NF and S communication there is flawless.

It's less about NF and S and more type specific when it comes to communication problems from what I've seen.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)