User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

Results 131 to 140 of 194

  1. #131
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    I hardly think a bit of conversing with my opposite type is a good example for saying N/S communication is difficult



    A) I saw her point
    B) I explained objectively why I think S's making fun of N's is more accepted
    C) I also said that Ns are just as much of a requirement as Ss in the world

    If you are going to disagree with any of my points at least explain why



    Care to elaborate on the me being a prick part? I'm fairly sure you came into the SP forum stereotyping SPs and you got sh*t from everyone for it... wow big surprise genius...
    B) subjective. I could argue "objectively" that it's just more acceptable to make fun of Ns because generally in our society it's more acceptable to pick on rich, dominant, powerful, or smart people, because it's mean to pick on poor people or stupid Ss.

    Of course I don't actually think Ss are stupid, but I think my argument is just as plausible as yours.

  2. #132
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,702

    Default

    Hardly, we live in a concrete world, not an abstract one, despite abstract minds having a purpose

    S's being poor or stupid is stereotyping

    Now if you are done with your pointlessness I have business to attend to...

  3. #133
    Senior Member Silent Stars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    Hardly, we live in a concrete world, not an abstract one
    If this world was not abstract in any way, then everything about it and in it would be able to be explained in a linear fashion, which is obviously untrue. There are countless abstract things about how this world--and the systems within it--works, including the very nature of its physical make-up, that can never be explained in a concrete manner. 'Concrete' is actually a misnomer, as these properties are not absolute, but only seemingly static due to the level of observation. The concrete properties of the world are the surface representation of its abstract properties, and neither of the two are any more or less relevant, as the only difference between them is the level of observation. They both have their place, and are equally as important.

    It's like comparing the two main branches of physics: one is better suited to observations on a scale within the confines of this planet (i.e. ballistics, stress measurements factored into architectural design), while the other is better suited for microscopic and cosmic observations (i.e. atomic theory, space-time interactions). They both do the same basic thing, but differently. It's the same with sensing and intuition.

    You also missed the point marmalade.sunrise was making. It was an analogy between your argument and a hypothetical one. You're taking what was said personally, when it was never said in a personal way to begin with.
    Enneagram 9w1 sp/so
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

  4. #134
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Stars View Post
    You're taking what was said personally, when it was never said in a personal way to begin with.
    In other words, reading meaning into what was said without it actually being there, when the intention was to be direct and to the point.

    Huh.

  5. #135
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Stars View Post
    If this world was not abstract in any way, then everything about it and in it would be able to be explained in a linear fashion, which is obviously untrue. There are countless abstract things about how this world--and the systems within it--works, including the very nature of its physical make-up, that can never be explained in a concrete manner. 'Concrete' is actually a misnomer, as these properties are not absolute, but only seemingly static due to the level of observation. The concrete properties of the world are the surface representation of its abstract properties, and neither of the two are any more or less relevant, as the only difference between them is the level of observation. They both have their place, and are equally as important.

    It's like comparing the two main branches of physics: one is better suited to observations on a scale within the confines of this planet (i.e. ballistics, stress measurements factored into architectural design), while the other is better suited for microscopic and cosmic observations (i.e. atomic theory, space-time interactions). They both do the same basic thing, but differently. It's the same with sensing and intuition.

    You also missed the point marmalade.sunrise was making. It was an analogy between your argument and a hypothetical one. You're taking what was said personally, when it was never said in a personal way to begin with.
    A) I take nothing personally
    B) You obviously failed to read the part where I stated that the abstract comes into play and is extremely useful, however the world is primarily concrete

  6. #136
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    In other words, reading meaning into what was said without it actually being there, when the intention was to be direct and to the point.

    Huh.
    My thoughts exactly

    Thank you greed

    Read what I say, all of it and then take it at face value and we will get to places, I promise you that

  7. #137
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    Read what I say, all of it and then take it at face value and we will get to places, I promise you that
    Actually, I meant that you were doing it. At least, there was so much that was read into my posts that I didn't even know how to address it.

    Oh, and the superior attitude thing, too.

    Basically, you're doing everything that you're accusing everyone else of doing.

    But then, I guess everyone has some of that going on, too. This thread sure as hell took a turn for the horrible

  8. #138
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Stars View Post
    If this world was not abstract in any way, then everything about it and in it would be able to be explained in a linear fashion, which is obviously untrue. There are countless abstract things about how this world--and the systems within it--works, including the very nature of its physical make-up, that can never be explained in a concrete manner. 'Concrete' is actually a misnomer, as these properties are not absolute, but only seemingly static due to the level of observation. The concrete properties of the world are the surface representation of its abstract properties, and neither of the two are any more or less relevant, as the only difference between them is the level of observation. They both have their place, and are equally as important.

    It's like comparing the two main branches of physics: one is better suited to observations on a scale within the confines of this planet (i.e. ballistics, stress measurements factored into architectural design), while the other is better suited for microscopic and cosmic observations (i.e. atomic theory, space-time interactions). They both do the same basic thing, but differently. It's the same with sensing and intuition.

    You also missed the point marmalade.sunrise was making. It was an analogy between your argument and a hypothetical one. You're taking what was said personally, when it was never said in a personal way to begin with.
    Nice post-
    Great point.

    (now that we're thoroughly off topic )
    But I think that's a good way of trying to explain the importance of both S and N without making stereotypes for either.

  9. #139
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    Hardly, we live in a concrete world, not an abstract one, despite abstract minds having a purpose

    S's being poor or stupid is stereotyping

    Now if you are done with your pointlessness I have business to attend to...
    Ns living in a fairy world, having unrealistic ideas, or having no abilities in the "concrete" world is also stereotyping.

    You can dish it out, but you can't take it. Wasn't that kind of the point that lauren ashley made to begin with...

  10. #140
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    A) I take nothing personally
    B) You obviously failed to read the part where I stated that the abstract comes into play and is extremely useful, however the world is primarily concrete
    If we went on the assumption that everything in the world is primarily concrete, we'd still be living like "savages". Abstract thought is what helped to usher in the modern world.

Similar Threads

  1. How do you find things to talk about?
    By baccheion in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-23-2013, 06:45 PM
  2. [NF] How do NFs view INTJs?
    By Jgib5328 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 152
    Last Post: 12-22-2008, 10:21 AM
  3. [NF] How do NFs experience crushes?
    By Usehername in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 12-05-2008, 03:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO