MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    *dies from too many assumptions*
    Thank God. Now the one-upmanship can end. This conversation was entirely too futile. And the irony of it in relation to the thread topic...

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    ....if I get a resonable explanation that gels with that feeling I will almost certainly accept it, but if you straight out deny that feeling I have, rather that give me time to piece it together, then I will dig my heels and defend it to the death. Sometimes it best to humour us, so long, as no action is taken on that feeling.
    Yeah, I have learned to do that more often. I think I learned that approach with my mom first because, well, she's my mom. So I figured out over the years to kinda "humor her" when it didn't hurt me really to do so, and we even talked about it a little (not in the context of personality types, because I didn't know those yet.) But learning about the types sorta helped me with some other people, I think to be more patient and not dismiss their ideas so quickly, which is not easy for a bottom-line kinda guy like me.

"Give me an example" is one of the things I say the most frequently, and when the NF can't do it, it's easy for me to dismiss whatever it is. I'm a very adaptable person when you show me what you're talking about, I don't hold to rigid things just for the sake of it, like maybe a lot of SJs would, but you gotta show me something!
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

I have major similarities to the OP. Look at the recent heated arguement that I had with a group of ESTP's. They ignite over nothing, and get pissed for no reason.

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Fifthly, Ns make better company
    QTF. I never have issues talking with my N friends, although my S friends are tricky; you never know what will happen. It's kind of like how Arya explained how spirits are in brisingr. We are so diferent that any communication is fraught with danger.

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

The last two comments were to simply test if you had a sense of humor

The reason people don't make jokes about sensing is because we live in a real concrete world

"hahaha how realistic was that guy who knew how to do that thing on his ipod"

compared to

"hahaha how off the planet was that guy, talking about stuff that will never even happen"

Obviously the second guy would get the laugh response and gee I wonder why?

You acknowledge what I said, acknowledge you don't know why they tune out, then go and use that word "uncomfortable" again

Also again you accuse me of talking about myself, this was never about me.

I have nothing against intuition I just find it amusing that you are so f**king amazed that it isn't looked upon as "fairy landish" hell most Ns are a bit more modest and know that its pretty impractical most of the time but comes in handy in certain fields/expertise in the world

I'm not likely replying to you as you seem closed minded and quite frankly repetitive and boring (keep making false assumptions), feel free to have the last say though
    This kind of prick is the reason why I withdrew from the SP forums.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by mortabunt View Post
    Awww, and we miss you SO much!
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

The last two comments were to simply test if you had a sense of humor

The reason people don't make jokes about sensing is because we live in a real concrete world

"hahaha how realistic was that guy who knew how to do that thing on his ipod"

compared to

"hahaha how off the planet was that guy, talking about stuff that will never even happen"

Obviously the second guy would get the laugh response and gee I wonder why?

You acknowledge what I said, acknowledge you don't know why they tune out, then go and use that word "uncomfortable" again

Also again you accuse me of talking about myself, this was never about me.

I have nothing against intuition I just find it amusing that you are so f**king amazed that it isn't looked upon as "fairy landish" hell most Ns are a bit more modest and know that its pretty impractical most of the time but comes in handy in certain fields/expertise in the world

I'm not likely replying to you as you seem closed minded and quite frankly repetitive and boring (keep making false assumptions), feel free to have the last say though

But....the truth is...people laugh at Ss all of the time for being stupid or petty. It's not like people make more jokes about Ns - it's just that you personally may find them funnier.

I think her point is that we must tolerate teasing from Ss, but if we tease them we're perceived as being condecending assholes.

I disagree with your take on N modesty, too. Ns are pretty crucial to the world and they aren't always "impractical" any more than Ss are always "stupid."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics

Morta, seriously. Fail more. Can you demonstrate any more communication styles between NT and STs?

"Look at me, look at me, I want attention... LOOK AT MEEEEEEEEEE!"

"No."

"BOO HISS BOO HISS"
    ESTP - Definition: "Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target a 120 km away, with an aratech sniper rifle and tri-light scope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

That made no sense. And thanks, Jeffster.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Thank God. Now the one-upmanship can end. This conversation was entirely too futile. And the irony of it in relation to the thread topic...
    I hardly think a bit of conversing with my opposite type is a good example for saying N/S communication is difficult

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    But....the truth is...people laugh at Ss all of the time for being stupid or petty. It's not like people make more jokes about Ns - it's just that you personally may find them funnier.

I think her point is that we must tolerate teasing from Ss, but if we tease them we're perceived as being condecending assholes.

I disagree with your take on N modesty, too. Ns are pretty crucial to the world and they aren't always "impractical" any more than Ss are always "stupid."
    A) I saw her point
    B) I explained objectively why I think S's making fun of N's is more accepted
    C) I also said that Ns are just as much of a requirement as Ss in the world

If you are going to disagree with any of my points at least explain why

Quote Originally Posted by mortabunt View Post
    Care to elaborate on the me being a prick part? I'm fairly sure you came into the SP forum stereotyping SPs and you got sh*t from everyone for it... wow big surprise genius...