User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    ^^^ that was really helpful to me. thank you for writing it.

by "life anchor" you mean something extraverted to hold on to? to guide and secure life, that will persist and perdure even when thoughts thoughts thoughts (anxiety!) are up in the air and uncertain?
    Exactly. For me, it doesn't manifest itself as conscious anxiety - more like a nagging sense of homesickness. And yeah, the "life anchor" can be anything external: a person, a belief, even a holiday (I personally love holidays because they have such set dates and customs: Thanksgiving will ALWAYS be on a Thursday, and people will ALWAYS eat turkey...) It just adds a bit of continuity to an ever-changing environment.

i'm not sure but so far with my intj 6 i've encountered a huuuuge difference in tertiary Fi vs Ti. she wants something comforting and nostalgic akin to an inner child that too often gets left behind (Te!) and just wants to play. whereas i use it to break things apart, analyze them until i feel i have total mastery over them as a discourse, that my understanding and its corresponding articulation are perfected, that i have perfectly precisely (and somewhat detachedly) synthesized the Fe values present around me, in my awareness and attention, circulating throughout the social game as pertains to my position within it.

i'm wondering how this would work for an infj 6? how the motivations would be processed via cognitive functions and what it would look like?
    That's a really interesting observation and question. This is kind of how I see it:

1. Every Ni is going to imagine Something Better.
    2. For most people, Something Better is something obviously more. More education, more money, more travel, more opportunities...
    3. With "more," usually comes change (travel means leaving home, money means moving to a bigger house, etc...)
    4. Type 6 wants security - not so big on change
    5. So, the Something Better that the Ni projects for a Type 6 can actually seem like something less. The mundane is romanticized. Monotony is the end goal, but it never quite exists in the present.

As for the auxiliary function, I think Type 6 and Fe are very compatible: we want to be accepted, so we learn to be socially acceptable.

My tertiary Ti actually sounds a lot like what you describe. I'm very analytical, and every person or situation gets filtered into a web of theories (that I spend an embarrassing amount of time crafting). That mental grid of theories is actually pretty reliable (which can make me come across as cynical from time to time... like I have people "figured out" before I give them a chance), but obviously it's never 100%. Some people surprise me. Some don't fit in with any of the archetypes I've set up. That leads to a kind of push-pull I have: I'm drawn to those surprises, but I'm very reluctant to alter the carefully crafted system (classic Ni vs. Ne, I guess). I think it's exacerbated in Type 6 though because the system itself provides added security.

Sorry for the point-by-point answer (my love of these point-by-point responses is one of the main reasons I haven't closed the door on the possibility I'm an INTJ )

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthie View Post
    Ok, I'll play along, I'm an INxJ 6. Guess I should have been looking for an ENTP 3 all this time...
    Ok Entropie...Here we are! (Talk amongst ourselves?)

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Matrik View Post
    Ok Entropie...Here we are! (Talk amongst ourselves?)
    Well see, I was never the type who needed to write long posts as you prolly can see from my last post .

If you ask tho, why I posted this thread in the first place, you are right, I am not sure myself. I am a pretty evil showoff.

I am just glad to have finally found a form of closeness in my life, I never did before. And I am glad I finally found it.

And thats not only a thing I got only in my 6, no, but because of you dumb people aswell
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

I think inj 6s can on the surface resemble SJ types. This similarity seems very unlikely for inj 4s or inj 5s. It's probably especially true with infj - the Fe raising awareness of community standards, and the Type 6 personality seeking security through belonging.

It's like all the intuitive envisioning that an inxj uses can be used to imagine something very grounded and safe (SJish). It's definitely different from actual SJ 6s, who, rather than idealizing SJ values, just live them out effortlessly. The 6 seeks a kind of "life anchor." For an actual SJ 6, the anchor exists and is unchangeable. For an INJ 6, the anchor is a worthy ideal and is pursued.
    LOL, that describes me perfectly.
    Autistic INFP

MBTI
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorS View Post
    Us inxj 6s are underrepresented, at least on this board: glad to know there's another one out there

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Exactly. For me, it doesn't manifest itself as conscious anxiety - more like a nagging sense of homesickness. And yeah, the "life anchor" can be anything external: a person, a belief, even a holiday (I personally love holidays because they have such set dates and customs: Thanksgiving will ALWAYS be on a Thursday, and people will ALWAYS eat turkey...) It just adds a bit of continuity to an ever-changing environment.

That's a really interesting observation and question. This is kind of how I see it:

1. Every Ni is going to imagine Something Better.
    2. For most people, Something Better is something obviously more. More education, more money, more travel, more opportunities...
    3. With "more," usually comes change (travel means leaving home, money means moving to a bigger house, etc...)
    4. Type 6 wants security - not so big on change
    5. So, the Something Better that the Ni projects for a Type 6 can actually seem like something less. The mundane is romanticized. Monotony is the end goal, but it never quite exists in the present.

As for the auxiliary function, I think Type 6 and Fe are very compatible: we want to be accepted, so we learn to be socially acceptable.

My tertiary Ti actually sounds a lot like what you describe. I'm very analytical, and every person or situation gets filtered into a web of theories (that I spend an embarrassing amount of time crafting). That mental grid of theories is actually pretty reliable (which can make me come across as cynical from time to time... like I have people "figured out" before I give them a chance), but obviously it's never 100%. Some people surprise me. Some don't fit in with any of the archetypes I've set up. That leads to a kind of push-pull I have: I'm drawn to those surprises, but I'm very reluctant to alter the carefully crafted system (classic Ni vs. Ne, I guess). I think it's exacerbated in Type 6 though because the system itself provides added security.

Sorry for the point-by-point answer (my love of these point-by-point responses is one of the main reasons I haven't closed the door on the possibility I'm an INTJ )
    that's very interesting. i find introverted perception functions to have a wariness to them, a scanner looking for potential trouble, preparing for the future, viewing the world as changing and potentially hostile bc ultimately they spend a lot of time attending to the arrangement and organization of their own ideas rather than to the world outside of them that continues and is competitive and resistant to their inner desires.

but it's strange when i look at the desires i have for cultivating my Ni and expressing it in opposition to type 6. how much i define myself by my ability to be imaginative or have really fresh interpretations, see/discover creative connections, quirky, etc is really but one of the many potential ways in which Ni can envision itself (4 wing). and how my 5 type just has the constant greed, feeling of being deprived, wanting everything, total Ni omniscience (just because). a desire for unlimited gluttonous spending of time, resources, etc on Ni development/pleasure. prepared for everything and lord/master of all.

inj 6 looking like isj makes sense bc it shares the enneagram type of most isjs (6 and 2?).

anyway, what gives you the most satisfaction in terms of appreciating your cognitive functions or your own unique skills? how do the goals of 6 and infj come together for you? taking care of, helping, defending people? what does these principles or N abstractions that separate you from isfj look like?

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorS View Post
    i was wondering if you and ruthie notice a lot of differences between yourselves and the other infj types on this board?

MBTI
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    that's very interesting. i find introverted perception functions to have a wariness to them, a scanner looking for potential trouble, preparing for the future, viewing the world as changing and potentially hostile bc ultimately they spend a lot of time attending to the arrangement and organization of their own ideas rather than to the world outside of them that continues and is competitive and resistant to their inner desires.
    Seems fair. It takes so long to order the environment in a particular way - whether through Si or Ni - that for a lot of us, we just want to shut the door and defend the territory.

but it's strange when i look at the desires i have for cultivating my Ni and expressing it in opposition to type 6. how much i define myself by my ability to be imaginative or have really fresh interpretations, see/discover creative connections, quirky, etc is really but one of the many potential ways in which Ni can envision itself (4 wing). and how my 5 type just has the constant greed, feeling of being deprived, wanting everything, total Ni omniscience (just because). a desire for unlimited gluttonous spending of time, resources, etc on Ni development/pleasure. prepared for everything and lord/master of all.
    I think a lot of it has to do with Society and The Individual. A lot of classic INFJ traits are "individual-focused": expression through art, breaking away from traditional norms, identifying with the motives of another individual to the point of near ESP. That fits with type 4 - reverence for the individual and a belief that societal expectations are holding that individual back. Subtract the focus on art, and you get a pretty good description of Type 5 values as well (what was it you said in the other thread? "The hair blowing in the wind, Oh Conquerer!" thing? )

inj 6 looking like isj makes sense bc it shares the enneagram type of most isjs (6 and 2?).
    Probably. The motivations of type 2 seem foreign to me, and even though I've read that SJs are often one of those two types, I can't personally imagine how 6s and 2s seem alike at all. The only other enneagram types I can relate to really are 1s and 8s. Apparently, that's not unusual.

anyway, what gives you the most satisfaction in terms of appreciating your cognitive functions or your own unique skills? how do the goals of 6 and infj come together for you? taking care of, helping, defending people? what does these principles or N abstractions that separate you from isfj look like?
    I'm a classic 6 in my interest in politics and power dynamics, so I focus a lot of my intuition there. I have kind of a quirky ideology and I love developing it and adding layers, measuring for internal consistency, connecting it with ideas from just about every social realm. I connect the dots in weird ways and I'm pretty good at spotting patterns and making macro-predictions. But all of that happens inside: by the time I verbalize a theory, it's decided. The only real way to confuse INJ 6s and ISJ 6s is to listen to the conclusion and ignore the reasoning. Both types extrovert certainty, both are interested in stability, and both are likely highly attuned to group dynamics. But INJs filter that through a carefully crafted ideology. ISJs probably see that as a colossal waste of time (reinventing the wheel, to them) and adopt an existing framework for interpreting information.

Also, to an ISTJ, history dictates the pattern. That's a tempting idea for us 6s, who tend to obsess about history. But as an INJ 6, I search for historical parallels that fit into my worldview: examples to support theories I've already established.

What about with you? INFJ 5s are probably rarer than INFJ 6s. How does the 5 need for detachment and objectivity fit with being an F?