User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Unhealthy ENFP?

MBTI
    infp

Default Unhealthy ENFP?

Ok, so I know alot about the unhealthy INFP, but not that much about what an unhealthy ENFP would look like or behave under extreme stress.

I'm looking for some ENFPs to describe how they act when they are feeling stressed to see whether it matches with how I behave.

Also, other ENFP's, do you repress anger, if so how to you repress it?

It's like I feel I match the infp and the enfp profile, but only a few bits out of each. I'm wondering if I can narrow it down by looking at the unhealthy behaviour of both and see if I am prehaps an unhealthy version of one or the other.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    ISFJ

Hmmmm I'm beginning to seriously dislike this "healthy/unhealthy" mumbo jumbo.

Under extreme stress I lose a bit of one of my prized qualities which is patience. As long as you don't constantly bug me though I'll appear pretty normal I think.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Hmmmm I'm beginning to seriously dislike this "healthy/unhealthy" mumbo jumbo.

Me too lol as if getting a grasp on the types wasn't hard enough already.

Initially I was under the assumption that an unhealthy person of any type would behave like their shadow type, but even that isn't right.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    Me too lol as if getting a grasp on the types wasn't hard enough already.

Initially I was under the assumption that an unhealthy person of any type would behave like their shadow type, but even that isn't right.
    Well, it's just that I see people throwing stuff like "I know this unhealhty ESFP" or "healthy INTJs can be so cool" or whatever...and it leaves me wondering how those people would classify themselves in terms of healthiness.

It's utter bull.

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

I have a good/evil switch that can be flipped fairly easily. Part of Ne-Fi is knowing exactly what will hurt a person in a given situation. I have often, in the heat of a situation done exactly that and really hurt people when I didn't mean to.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

When under extreme stress, I get overwhelmed by nervous energy, and go on cleaning sprees and obsess over insignificant details like a compulsive perfectionist (this is a very rare occurance, mind you). I get vaguely annoyed at everything for no good reason and pretty sarcastic. Oh, and I become very pessimistic. I'm not very loud about it... it's like an implosion (as opposed to an explosion).

...but I wouldn't say stressed ENFPs are necessarily "unhealthy," because these things don't last very long. A day at most.

OK, now for repressing anger: Not possible. The closest I get would be not being aware I was angry, or underestimating the amount of anger I harbored. That's unconscious. However, when the anger is palpable, there's no repressing it. No way. It's so intense, I am forced to confront the responsible party, even though I really really don't want to. I think INFPs are far less likely to do this, because the desire to keep it inside is far stronger than the need to express themselves and purge the negative emotion.

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFP

ok im not sure if this has to do with your post, but ik that when enfp's are stressed to the max they become istj's. i have to admit that is super true, because i was in the "istj" zone for 4 months. and it was beyond crazy. and ik the post above says it lasts a day at most, but if ur chronically stressed it can last months! i went like that for 4 months, and sometimes i wonder if being in my opposite shadow "istj" mode changed me by any means...
    SUNNI

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Well, it's just that I see people throwing stuff like "I know this unhealhty ESFP" or "healthy INTJs can be so cool" or whatever...and it leaves me wondering how those people would classify themselves in terms of healthiness.

It's utter bull.

hmm, well honestly i think when people say unhealthy they mean "shadow" and healthy is probably natural state. some people actually LIVE in their shadow modes for long periods of time (me). its really not bull.
    SUNNI

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

To me, healthiness of type is the same as healthiness of mind and body.

An unhealthy person focuses too much energy on the easy things. For body it's watching TV and sitting on the couch, for mind it is just not trying to push through decisions or problems, and for type it is not working on your 'tougher' functions.

Unhealthiness is different from stress. Stress is temporary and comes from the world dumping things on you that you cant handle easily. Unhealthiness is from the person's lack of development in their other functions besides their primary.

An unhealthy ENFP, by that definition, would be verrry fickle; unable to commit to anything and could easily turn to manipulation since their Fi isnt allowed to hit the breaks. This is when only Ne is used and the rest of the functions are slaves to it and don't have equal say. You could say an unhealthy ENP has no 'breaks' to slow them down.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I can act quite like an unhealthy ENFP a lot.

I have unstable emotions and wasn't really brought up in a normal environment per se..

When I'm under a lot of stress I tend to act quite a bit like an INFP. Longing to jump out of the box that's closing in on me. I want to quit all of my obligations and run away. That's under a lot, though. I can handle a medium amount well, but when it starts to spill over, I'm gone.

I don't mean that I drop out when the going gets rough, because I'm hardcore and that's not what I do.

My emotions run high and I feel whip lashed when I have too much going on.

Also, I can be pretty hardcore. I turn off my humor, compassion, and extroversion and go all out until the end giving it my full. But deep down inside, I'm upset, angry, and sad and wishing it would be over soon.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?