User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Unhealthy ENFP?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Us ENFPs never have fun.

It's unlike an ENFP to turn something serious into a play ground.

And Philosophy is a myth!
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Us ENFPs never have fun.

This is an example of an ENFP randomly turning the day into Opposite Day for funsies.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberrylover View Post
    I wonder how much of that's dependent on developmental stage and cultural influences though. And I do remember now when I behaved like an ISTJ. When I was very little, I actually planned out each day meticulously down to the minute.

Could anyone point me to literature on healthy/unhealthy types? What's the intellectual basis for what we're talking about?
    http://www.personalitypage.com/ - Has pages on self development. That's where I got a lot of my stuff.

The Lenore Thomson Exegesis Wiki - This one might have some info too.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7?

Us ENFPs never have fun.

Actually, I'm beginning to think that this is very true...

"unhealthy" ENFPs get offended by everything, and then insist that they're being rational because they've decided that rationality is important. ENFPs can be very pleasant, and you can have fun with them, but they generally give the impression that they're rarely- if ever- truly happy. It's kind of sad that a feeling type can't be forthright about their emotions unless they decide on whatever odd merit-based system that you've earned their honesty.

And philosophy is a myth. I started it

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Galusha View Post

"unhealthy" ENFPs get offended by everything, and then insist that they're being rational because they've decided that rationality is important. ENFPs can be very pleasant, and you can have fun with them, but they generally give the impression that they're rarely- if ever- truly happy. It's kind of sad that a feeling type can't be forthright about their emotions unless they decide on whatever odd merit-based system that you've earned their honesty.
    1- I read a lot that ENFP's get easily offended or take things personally. Is this true for many ENFP's? I tend not to take things that way, I kinda just let it roll off my back. Maybe well developed T, or being a guy cause this?

2- Very true about not being truly happy. Well not happiness but satisfaction. I'm very happy with myself and what I do with my life. I have a lot to be happy about. But I never stop working to improve myself, I'm never satisfied with the status quo.
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

When I'm under a lot of stress I tend to act quite a bit like an INFP. Longing to jump out of the box that's closing in on me. I want to quit all of my obligations and run away.
    Is this how you think INFP's are normally?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Is this how you think INFP's are normally?
    Oh, no. I was making two statements, actually. That I tend to act a bit more like an INFP while feeling like I'm being closed in.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Galusha View Post

And philosophy is a myth. I started it
    You seem very confident in your presumption, or accusation. I'm not going to lie, though..there is some truth to what you said.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    The Personality Page - Has pages on self development. That's where I got a lot of my stuff.

The Lenore Thomson Exegesis Wiki - This one might have some info too.
    Ooh, hadn't gotten into Lenore Thomson yet. Thanks!

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

When an ENFP is offended it's often by the straw that broke the camel's back. We're not just offended by the one thing, we're offended by a pattern of behaviour. One thing is easy to forgive. The same thing a hundred times is not quite as easy.

Unfortunately, you won't often hear about the hundred other times until the back has already broken.
    Anger is also a feeling.