User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: INFP females

MBTI
    ENFJ

Default INFP females

I've recently met one and I can notice the "NF" in her. She is just so meek and coy it's hard to understand the real "her". Anyone have any info about INFP females they can share with me? I'd rather get advice from an active forum than reading sites on the internet. They can make me feel like this guy--->:steam:

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

I don't have much to say besides be careful around a lot of subject matter that could be sensitive. Since NFPs have strong values they'll fight for them. I tend to accidentally piss off more NFPs than any other type. (Besides ESTPs)
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathanthegreat View Post
    I've recently met one and I can notice the "NF" in her. She is just so meek and coy it's hard to understand the real "her". Anyone have any info about INFP females they can share with me? I'd rather get advice from an active forum than reading sites on the internet. They can make me feel like this guy--->:steam:
    I think it would be best if you asked specific questions and then INFP could answer.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I think it would be best if you asked specific questions and then INFP could answer.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

-Nightwish

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3

As an INFP, one thing I love to talk about is possibilities. In trying to understand her, ask about her goals and ideas. Once you start talking about something she cares about, she probably won't be "meek" anymore. INFP's just don't say much unless it's a topic they care about. We're not big fans of small talk -- in fact, we find it extremely boring!
    "Imagination creates beauty, hope, magic, and happiness, which are everything in this world."

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by michL87 View Post
    As an INFP, one thing I love to talk about is possibilities. In trying to understand her, ask about her goals and ideas. Once you start talking about something she cares about, she probably won't be "meek" anymore. INFP's just don't say much unless it's a topic they care about. We're not big fans of small talk -- in fact, we find it extremely boring!
    Mhm! I see this with all the NFPs I know, unless it's one of their current obsessions they probably wont be too interested. I cant stand small talk either. Maybe it's an NF thing.

-Nightwish

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    Maybe it's an NF thing.

I think it is an N thing, and even more so with introverts, and even more so with Fi (Fe might be more considerate of what others want to discuss).
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP

Blech. Small talk. *Shudders*
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

It's like a wall. It's hard for me to contribute. Non-sequitors are the only way out!

-Nightwish

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

I agree with what was said about small talk - decent conversation is the key. Its better to, say, ask what she thinks about a particular current issue. Its even better if you engage in (polite and respectable) discussion/debate as long as you listen and acknowledge the validity of her views. We like to be mentally challenged a little. The best dicussions I've had are ones where we the conversation just flows fluidly and naturally without a particular direction from topic to topic. INFPs have a wide generalised interest in many subjects because we can find something of significance in most things. And the more perspectives and variety of information the better. Anecdotes, pieces of trivia, social observations, interesting articles/documentaries you have read/seen on the subject - throw it all in.

Its best to be yourself - don't show off or try to impress her to much. INFPs can sniff out when they're being fed a line at 20 paces. We like when the situation is relaxed, natural and non-confrontational - it makes us more likely to open up. Don't come on too strong. A casual friendly atmosphere lends itself to a romantic one later down the track.