• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] The INFJ Facial Expression/Disposition?

lane777

nevermore
I've always been pretty intensely devoted to whatever conversation I'm involved in. Sometimes I wonder if the person I'm talking with feels uncomfortable but...*shrug* meh.

I've got tractorbeam eyes. You cannot escape.

Yep, I stare intensely into the eyes of the speaker. I thought INFJ's were known for that. Not avoiding eye contact like some here are stating. It has been my understanding that avoiding eye contact can be an indication of insecurity. Although, it could be a sign of introversion too as already mentioned.

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
But the male attention being attracted is often odd male attention! How come? I can see the being-too-nice-to-outcasts-that-others-don't-tolerate thing cropping up after talking, but it seems to happen even before any talking occurs!

It's your energy. You seem open and receptive. Hey that's a good thing. ;)

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yep, I stare intensely into the eyes of the speaker. I thought INFJ's were known for that. Not avoiding eye contact like some here are stating. It has been my understanding that avoiding eye contact can be an indication of insecurity. Although, it could be a sign of introversion too as already mentioned.

Me, too, I look right into the other person's eyes. The only time I tend to drop my eyes is when the other person is really looking right back into mine. (Almost never happens.)

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can't accurately describe how my INFJ mother looks when she stares off into space, so I made a picture of it.

Staring-off-into-space

2vx2fqg.jpg

All in all, my mom is pretty suspicious looking :D

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh my god, my mother says I was born with that lifted eyebrow! She said that's the first expression she ever saw on my face. HA!

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh my god, my mother says I was born with that lifted eyebrow! She said that's the first expression she ever saw on my face. HA!

Yeah, my mom ALWAYS lifts her eyebrow. I use a lot of my eyebrows (both of them, yes, and one), but she has this perpetually raised eyebrow when in concentration.

Probably has more to do with having ENTP offspring than anything else.

I have no idea what you could possibly mean :)

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ Damn. Why do I get involved in these things?

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ I bet you are weird. I bet you are some wacky parent who is overly protective, and won't let her kids see boys, and sends them to catholic school, and makes them eat vast, vast amounts of broccoli, all the while saying you have expansive knowledge that their little brains can't understand at such a tender age :yes:

ubiquitous1

^ I bet you are weird. I bet you are some wacky parent who is overly protective, and won't let her kids see boys, and sends them to catholic school, and makes them eat vast, vast amounts of broccoli, all the while saying you have expansive knowledge that their little brains can't understand at such a tender age :yes:

Congratulations, you are now part of my Psychic Friends Network.:hug:

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I quite often get acquaintances or total strangers telling me to smile, cheer up, not look so sad, etc etc. However, when I walk down the street with a smirk playing around my lips, I feel like a fool.

I also get told regularly that I look like I'm in a world of my own. Which I often am, because this one can really suck!

MFJAGgernaut-B

MBTI Type
INFP
I quite often get acquaintances or total strangers telling me to smile, cheer up, not look so sad, etc etc. However, when I walk down the street with a smirk playing around my lips, I feel like a fool.

I also get told regularly that I look like I'm in a world of my own. Which I often am, because this one can really suck!

We should make T-shirts:

"INFJ: I only have one face. It's a universal face. Great for any occasion where I couldn't care less."

"INFJ: I live in my own world because your world SUCKS. But give it time, and I'm sure I could conquer yours, too."

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I do know INFJs are great at maintaining composure when they want to do so (out of all the NFs). They can be very tough nuts to crack.
Emphasis on nuts (of the best kind, of course).

statuesquechica

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I sometimes have had people ask me if I am sad, or feeling tired. On the other hand, I have also heard I look "serene." One time when I was in Central America with my infant son, a local woman snapped a picture of us and described it as the "Madonna and her child." I, of course, was completely oblivious to the picture, my husband told me about it and the comment later.:blush:

I do know that if I am engaged in a conversation, and not just lost in my own thoughts, my face shows a great deal of expression. I am completely unable to maintain a "poker face" unless I conciously work on appearing stoic.

whatusername

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
^ I find myself on the receiving end of those questions too. I think I look like I'm thinking deeply about something, but I find it very hard to look 'happy' or 'excited,' even if I sorta am.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
We should make T-shirts:

"INFJ: I live in my own world because your world SUCKS. But give it time, and I'm sure I could conquer yours, too."

I do like this one!

On the other hand, I have also heard I look "serene."

I get stuff like that too sometimes, which is kind of nice. From time to time people tell me that I have a very calm, peaceful aura/vibe around me, and that is a compliment I enjoy. However, sometimes it coincides with a time when internally I'm completely freaking out. Apparently I can seem exceptionally calm at such times!

I do know that if I am engaged in a conversation, and not just lost in my own thoughts, my face shows a great deal of expression. I am completely unable to maintain a "poker face" unless I conciously work on appearing stoic.

Also true, I light right up and get very excited if it's something I'm interested in/passionate about, wave my hands around, beam broadly, etc, and sometimes I think it freaks people out if they've only seen the stoic/in my own world face! Haha...

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
I haven't read through the comments on this thread but I don't have any signature expression. I'm very animated around my friends. When I'm feeling something I think it's rather visible and it's always genuine, if I'm sad that means I'm sad, if I'm happy that means I'm happy in that moment and probably overwhelmed by that emotion and it shows very clearly on my face. If I seem reserved and cold and hard to people it's because I don't let myself out of that reserve, because I can't hide my feelings (to a point). So it's basically self-regulation.

But this moodyness and naivity and faith and childishness and silliness are, maybe alittle... too genuine if that makes sense. But the kind of disposition you're talking about is the flip side of the coin. We're serious people. But because we want to get along with others, we hide that default because people get freaked out by it. "Why do you sound so ... Weird?" What on earth has happened? Are you okay?!" And then there's just the Ni blank stare which I at least do and need to recharge myself.