• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] The INFJ Facial Expression/Disposition?

Trefle

MBTI Type
INFJ
I've always been pretty intensely devoted to whatever conversation I'm involved in. Sometimes I wonder if the person I'm talking with feels uncomfortable but...*shrug* meh.

I've got tractorbeam eyes. You cannot escape.
Well, I don't say one has NOT to be devoted to not make eye contact; in fact one of the signs I stopped caring about a conversation is when I stopped making eye contact.

But it's different staring at a person directly, to the eyes, and pulling the "I stare to something beside/behiiiind youuuu, not youuuuuu~~~ don't worry~~~~~~~"

I only do that when I want to debate. They have to see my seriousness.

The smirk is definitely present at all times even if you can't see it. It's a self-preservation thing. "I smile outwardly and with you when you're being nice to me; I smirk outwardly and laugh at you inwardly when you're trying to mock me".

YES. When I in my usual, ordinary, not unhappy nor happy mood, I can feel my mouth turning up.

But I think it's more of a smirk than a smile. a :> than a :). I can only do :) when I'm genuinely happy, blissful, peaceful, or all, or I'm fooling my mind to think that I'm genuinely happy, blissful, peaceful, or all of them. And then there's a thought of something like "I'm going to be a bigger person and I won't put out this smile sha la la~"

of course, to me there's the :| of "I don't give a damn, my dear, and I will laugh, laugh, LAUGH at ya if you EVER said something idiotic, inside AND outside."

for me one of the last expression I would make would be :\ of "shutup and leave me alone." INFJ DOORSLAM!

I'm gladful my smirk is not eternal like Nicole Kidman though. Really, I couldn't remember any of her expression in the media except The Smirk.

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Well, I don't say one has NOT to be devoted to not make eye contact; in fact one of the signs I stopped caring about a conversation is when I stopped making eye contact.

But it's different staring at a person directly, to the eyes, and pulling the "I stare to something beside/behiiiind youuuu, not youuuuuu~~~ don't worry~~~~~~~"

I only do that when I want to debate. They have to see my seriousness.

Ahh, ok. I see what you're saying now.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ah, I was just thinking about this topic last night. I went to a bar/lounge & watched a friend's band perform, attended the little houseparty afterwards.. just sort of enjoying myself quietly, peoplewatching.

Random folks kept approaching me, introducing themselves, etc, and pointing out that I looked very shy and / or uncomfortable. This tends to be my perceived 'default' facial expression, I guess. I'm not uncomfortable, by any means [usually]; I'm just off somewhere else. It's interesting how simply not giggling/smiling/talking constantly by default seems to, more often than not, automatically convey some sort of negative disposition to others, as opposed to the broad spectrum of the more 'neutral' possibilities..

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
When I'm actually focused on the conversation, I tend to be turned 90 degrees away from them. This is for more NT topics that take a lot of logic, while more personal topics I always try and keep some sort of eye contact at least occasionally. If it's a one-on-one walking conversation I feel like I'm doing some sort of 'Qui-gon Jin and Kenobi' scene.

I recently found out that a lot of my classmates looked up to me in a way. It was kind of a surprised, but it made some sense. No wonder our adviser didn't want me to go to Finland until I graduated. It was just so I could be there as, I guess, the icon (or mascot if I'm feeling wacky) of our advisory.

Ah well, it's summer and I've got 2 months until I 'hop the pond' to Finland.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
at times it can be very focused, very intense. other times it looks disinterested and impatient (kinda like intp) with the hurry up gesture and the wheels turning and the watching you type tooooo sloooooow when we want you to get to the point. there's the Ni sifting thing when we're wandering around our own minds like a webcrawler, from branch to branch, picture to picture. there's the hyperdrive feature when we're speeding thru mental space, or zooming in to find very small but important details. there's the mask when we look like we are made of plaster, suppressing all expression and forcing our bodies inwards. when engaged it is very animated, a bit rusty and unpracticed sometimes and silly/goofy. most of the time it just goes blink, blink.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Speaking of the way faces are faces...

Saaya Irie.

Seems to me she's a poster girl for INFJ Face.

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Is it weird that I stare into my own eyes while looking in the mirror? I fascinate myself.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I tend to look like I'm lost, but that might just be me. My son, who is probably not an INFJ, has the same lost look.

I seem to come off cold or stuck up or just weird because I don't emote much unless something I'm passionate about comes up.

I really don't think the world is against me. They just don't have a freaking clue what box to put me in. Some folks find that troublesome. I find it troublesome, too. Sometimes it would be nice to have a comfy box to fit into.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my mother has an almost pissed/confused/analyzing/ detached expression all the time but these ice blue, insanely sparkly eyes that say a million things and and know everything.

Taizic

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
EII
You might not be thinking of all INFJ's. Not every single one is alike in every way you know. No one is exactly the same. What you see may just be sparks of personality.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm pretty sure that I'm an INFJ. What I'm hearing here though doesn't seem to fit with me. I think if anything I'm pretty animated and if I'm excited about something, it is very hard to keep my eyebrows still. Unfortunately that occasionally has resulted in people assuming I am flirting with them when in fact, I usually only would do that around the people I am not interested in flirting with. Around people who know me well, sometimes I actually wish I were better able to hide how I feel. Sometimes I know that if someone sees my eyes, they will see exactly what I'm thinking or I'll not be able to hold tears back when I am trying to. I guess my expression deadens up when I'm in a large group setting where I don't have much in common and I don't feel comfortable or if I've spent several days around people with no breaks and so momentarily have to escape into my head. I'm not sure how I look then. So maybe it does partially depend on how well I know people for what range of expression shows on my face.

Taizic

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
EII
I'm pretty sure that I'm an INFJ. What I'm hearing here though doesn't seem to fit with me. I think if anything I'm pretty animated and if I'm excited about something, it is very hard to keep my eyebrows still. Unfortunately that occasionally has resulted in people assuming I am flirting with them when in fact, I usually only would do that around the people I am not interested in flirting with. I guess my expression deadens up when I'm in a large group setting where I don't have much in common and I don't feel comfortable or if I've spent several days around people with no breaks and so momentarily have to escape into my head. I'm not sure how I look then.

The very same thing has happened to me, don't worry. I'm very eccentric, and people will always get the wrong idea if I were to talk to them a lot, or move a certain way. I'm almost always saying something and then making a body movement to make my words more visual. *sigh* People...lol

rushig

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
People often have commented that I have a twinkle in my eye. or it is the most prominent feature on my face. They are a bit large and protruding. I do seems to have the same facial expression specially when it comes to photographs and hardly show whether I'm sad or happy and show a big gleaming smile.Often people say that I'm so happy go lucky when in fact I'm really sad about something.
Over the years I guess I have developed the habit of concealing the emotion to everyone except my mother and still she doesn't know 100%. She only gets a clue coz I remove my mask at times.

I guess this mask is a vital for an INFJ coz otherwise people tend to abuse our sensitivity...That happens to me alot coz I'm so accomodating..

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm pretty sure that I'm an INFJ. What I'm hearing here though doesn't seem to fit with me. I think if anything I'm pretty animated and if I'm excited about something, it is very hard to keep my eyebrows still. Unfortunately that occasionally has resulted in people assuming I am flirting with them when in fact, I usually only would do that around the people I am not interested in flirting with. Around people who know me well, sometimes I actually wish I were better able to hide how I feel. Sometimes I know that if someone sees my eyes, they will see exactly what I'm thinking or I'll not be able to hold tears back when I am trying to. I guess my expression deadens up when I'm in a large group setting where I don't have much in common and I don't feel comfortable or if I've spent several days around people with no breaks and so momentarily have to escape into my head. I'm not sure how I look then. So maybe it does partially depend on how well I know people for what range of expression shows on my face.

That sounds like the INFJ girls I know IRL. Moderately expressive, and unwittingly attracting all kinds of male attention.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
But the male attention being attracted is often odd male attention! How come? I can see the being-too-nice-to-outcasts-that-others-don't-tolerate thing cropping up after talking, but it seems to happen even before any talking occurs!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

i think that makes sense.

I know some INFJ females who are very "flat/cold" in general in their approach with people.

However, I also know a lot of INFJ females IRL who are animated around people they know -- voice inflection, facial expressions, etc.

I think context has a lot to do with it.

I do know INFJs are great at maintaining composure when they want to do so (out of all the NFs). They can be very tough nuts to crack.