• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] The INFJ Facial Expression/Disposition?

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
This seemed like a good chance to post this one -
I've gotten several comments on my eyes before, so here's a good shot of them.

DCP_1149.jpg

P

Phantonym

i have the hard core steely stare when i'm looking at someone speaking and listening to them intently, trying to understand them (this looks like i'm mad), and then i have the dreamy-i'm-not-seeing-anything-outward-and-i-just-might-trip-on-something stare that i get when i'm hiking and my mind is totally somewhere else.

+1 :laugh:

I've used the first one in lectures when somebody is doing an oral presentation. It makes them stutter. :devil: It wasn't my intention, honestly.

The second one can be a nuisance because in my case this also involves absent mindedness. When walking down the street, I've literally bumped into people I know and kept on walking because I didn't even notice them.

DCP_1149.jpg

Awww...Wyst...you're beauuuuuuutiful in all your modesty ;) Great eyes though. Whatever you're selling, I'm hooked.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

DCP_1149.jpg

suhweet! is it hurting you to leave that up there? i'd have to delete like after an hour or so. haha. love the earring too.

P

Phantonym

suhweet! is it hurting you to leave that up there? i'd have to delete like after an hour or so.

Oh, now you've done it, Wyst. Don't you know how easy it is for people to save the pictures posted online?

You never know. Some creepy stalker might start a one-woman(man)-fan-club-of-Wyst and tadah...your face is on the T-shirts and posters and plastered on someone's ceiling...

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We do tend to have "cheek-pinchable" faces.

/pinches your cute lil cheek

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
suhweet! is it hurting you to leave that up there? i'd have to delete like after an hour or so. haha. love the earring too.

Actually it doesn't bother me at all - I guess I'm a mature INFJ now... huh?
You can't see it, but I've got earings in both ears.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
OMG even your avi looks like its cheeks have been pinched.

:laugh:

P

Phantonym

OMG even your avi looks like its cheeks have been pinched.

:laugh:

That's called blushing after I've been attacked by a mob of over-emotional cheek-pinchers.

As a result, this INFJ has a very clearly understandable facial expression.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
you look like luke skywalker, which is fitting, since you are my padawan.

Trefle

MBTI Type
INFJ
XD but as far as I can perceive from most people here, INFJ tend to un/consciously avoid eye contact? I did, too, though maybe it's more of a cultural restriction than personal avoidance. To me, at most it's like... uh.. The Hills' style of vacantly staring at some blank space in the middle. >_>; which had been told scary, and almost got into a fight with a teacher for that.

But agreed for facial expression; I think most INFJ put a certain mask; a-la Victorian ladies, perhaps; to hide their emotions. I certainly did that too; most likely a kind, warm, "aww I understand and then shut up please" smile :D, or Nicole Kidmanesque kind of smirk.

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
XD but as far as I can perceive from most people here, INFJ tend to un/consciously avoid eye contact?

I've always been pretty intensely devoted to whatever conversation I'm involved in. Sometimes I wonder if the person I'm talking with feels uncomfortable but...*shrug* meh.

I've got tractorbeam eyes. You cannot escape.

Usehername

On a mission
I think Ni doms generally have the blank facial expression at their comfortable state... but I've also noticed my INFJ grandma constantly telling me that I look sad/withdrawn/whatever. i.e. it's okay for INFJs to have the blank expression, but they really pick it up when other Ni doms have the same expression they sport and wonder if the other is not doing so well.

P

Phantonym

Nicole Kidmanesque kind of smirk.

The smirk is definitely present at all times even if you can't see it. It's a self-preservation thing. "I smile outwardly and with you when you're being nice to me; I smirk outwardly and laugh at you inwardly when you're trying to mock me".

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
The smirk is definitely present at all times even if you can't see it. It's a self-preservation thing. "I smile outwardly and with you when you're being nice to me; I smirk outwardly and laugh at you inwardly when you're trying to mock me".

+100

I know the smirk you're talking about. I've got one right now.