User Tag List

First 891011 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

^ I bet you are weird. I bet you are some wacky parent who is overly protective, and won't let her kids see boys, and sends them to catholic school, and makes them eat vast, vast amounts of broccoli, all the while saying you have expansive knowledge that their little brains can't understand at such a tender age
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    ^ I bet you are weird. I bet you are some wacky parent who is overly protective, and won't let her kids see boys, and sends them to catholic school, and makes them eat vast, vast amounts of broccoli, all the while saying you have expansive knowledge that their little brains can't understand at such a tender age
    Congratulations, you are now part of my Psychic Friends Network.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by ubiquitous1 View Post
    Congratulations, you are now part of my Psychic Friends Network.

I don't have any money.

Soz.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I quite often get acquaintances or total strangers telling me to smile, cheer up, not look so sad, etc etc. However, when I walk down the street with a smirk playing around my lips, I feel like a fool.

I also get told regularly that I look like I'm in a world of my own. Which I often am, because this one can really suck!

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I quite often get acquaintances or total strangers telling me to smile, cheer up, not look so sad, etc etc. However, when I walk down the street with a smirk playing around my lips, I feel like a fool.

I also get told regularly that I look like I'm in a world of my own. Which I often am, because this one can really suck!
    We should make T-shirts:

"INFJ: I only have one face. It's a universal face. Great for any occasion where I couldn't care less."

"INFJ: I live in my own world because your world SUCKS. But give it time, and I'm sure I could conquer yours, too."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I do know INFJs are great at maintaining composure when they want to do so (out of all the NFs). They can be very tough nuts to crack.
    Emphasis on nuts (of the best kind, of course).

MBTI
    INFj
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so

I sometimes have had people ask me if I am sad, or feeling tired. On the other hand, I have also heard I look "serene." One time when I was in Central America with my infant son, a local woman snapped a picture of us and described it as the "Madonna and her child." I, of course, was completely oblivious to the picture, my husband told me about it and the comment later.

I do know that if I am engaged in a conversation, and not just lost in my own thoughts, my face shows a great deal of expression. I am completely unable to maintain a "poker face" unless I conciously work on appearing stoic.
    I've looked at life from both sides now
    From up and down and still somehow
    It's life's illusions I recall
    I really don't know life at all

Joni Mitchell

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

^ I find myself on the receiving end of those questions too. I think I look like I'm thinking deeply about something, but I find it very hard to look 'happy' or 'excited,' even if I sorta am.
    Yes, I take it with no cream and no sugar.

And yes, some of us drink it bitter.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by MFJAGgernaut-B View Post
    We should make T-shirts:

"INFJ: I live in my own world because your world SUCKS. But give it time, and I'm sure I could conquer yours, too."
    I do like this one!

Quote Originally Posted by statuesquechica View Post
    On the other hand, I have also heard I look "serene."
    I get stuff like that too sometimes, which is kind of nice. From time to time people tell me that I have a very calm, peaceful aura/vibe around me, and that is a compliment I enjoy. However, sometimes it coincides with a time when internally I'm completely freaking out. Apparently I can seem exceptionally calm at such times!

Quote Originally Posted by statuesquechica View Post

I do know that if I am engaged in a conversation, and not just lost in my own thoughts, my face shows a great deal of expression. I am completely unable to maintain a "poker face" unless I conciously work on appearing stoic.
    Also true, I light right up and get very excited if it's something I'm interested in/passionate about, wave my hands around, beam broadly, etc, and sometimes I think it freaks people out if they've only seen the stoic/in my own world face! Haha...

MBTI
    fool

I haven't read through the comments on this thread but I don't have any signature expression. I'm very animated around my friends. When I'm feeling something I think it's rather visible and it's always genuine, if I'm sad that means I'm sad, if I'm happy that means I'm happy in that moment and probably overwhelmed by that emotion and it shows very clearly on my face. If I seem reserved and cold and hard to people it's because I don't let myself out of that reserve, because I can't hide my feelings (to a point). So it's basically self-regulation.

But this moodyness and naivity and faith and childishness and silliness are, maybe alittle... too genuine if that makes sense. But the kind of disposition you're talking about is the flip side of the coin. We're serious people. But because we want to get along with others, we hide that default because people get freaked out by it. "Why do you sound so ... Weird?" What on earth has happened? Are you okay?!" And then there's just the Ni blank stare which I at least do and need to recharge myself.