User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 17

  1. #1
    Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Posts
    2,077

    Default ENFP and anxiety

    Typically I'm a sensitive person, not necessarily an anxious one. But, occasionally I have these moments where, after a significant amount of stress, and days of feeling slightly unsettled, I just wake up and I'm in a full-on panic. Not that I'm running from room to room screaming, but like I'm just internally freaking out. I know how to speak to myself, to tell myself something rational to comfort myself, but this is one of those rare times where reality and calm talk aren't working. I end up being anxious for days, stomach ache, headache, shaking sometimes. I started to notice a problem when everything on the news wasn't just bothering me, it was BOTHERING me. Do any of the other NFP's have a problem with this? And if so, what do you do to help yourselves? Typically, I like to go outside and take in fresh air, that usually helps.

  2. #2
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    Typically I'm a sensitive person, not necessarily an anxious one. But, occasionally I have these moments where, after a significant amount of stress, and days of feeling slightly unsettled, I just wake up and I'm in a full-on panic. Not that I'm running from room to room screaming, but like I'm just internally freaking out. I know how to speak to myself, to tell myself something rational to comfort myself, but this is one of those rare times where reality and calm talk aren't working. I end up being anxious for days, stomach ache, headache, shaking sometimes. I started to notice a problem when everything on the news wasn't just bothering me, it was BOTHERING me. Do any of the other NFP's have a problem with this? And if so, what do you do to help yourselves? Typically, I like to go outside and take in fresh air, that usually helps.
    Focus on something outside yourself.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  3. #3
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    yeah i do...not often but yeah. i try to go outside and get into some sort of zen state amongst nature...turn off my way overactive brain and when that doesn't help i have to take a low dose valium....which has been all of two times since it was prescribed...so not often but it's the worst because i feel like i'm going to have a heart attack. : /
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  4. #4
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Also, I think letting the anxious feelings REALLY sit with you can help.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  5. #5
    Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Posts
    2,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    yeah i do...not often but yeah. i try to go outside and get into some sort of zen state amongst nature...turn off my way overactive brain and when that doesn't help i have to take a low dose valium....which has been all of two times since it was prescribed...so not often but it's the worst because i feel like i'm going to have a heart attack. : /
    Yes. That's exactly how I feel. If I'm exceptionally stressed out, I'll sometimes put my hands in the dirt, as a way to connect myself to something external. I think it's when I feel like my environment is hostile to me, as in I am incapable of functioning in it without a lot of suffering, that's when I lose my usual ability to tell myself that I can overcome it. What gets you to that point?

    It's like my mind goes into overload. I'm usually pretty successful in getting my thoughts reorganized, but if I've had too much pushing down on me and I can't resolve any of the stress or conflicts, I start to fray a bit.

  6. #6
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    exactly...like too many things at once to sort out and too many possible outcomes and the feeling of discomfort about making decisions or the feeling of not being able to do what you need to do...the feeling of being restrained or not in complete control to even do what you so very strongly feel like you need to do...and i'm stopping now before i start to panic...thanks lady! : /

    edit...hey we're both lady now! maybe i should call you jaye...anyway...you okay jaye? are you stressing now? go have a bath and some new agey music haha or something
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  7. #7
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,656

    Default

    Being overloaded and overextended will get you there, and once there you'll guilttrip over the fact that you can't fix it, which keeps the loop going and keeps Fi just blocked and lets Ne run buckwild overloading you even more. I find that doing something that forces you to use Si or Te will make you recover. Going back to nature to me is going to a place that I know and makes me feel at home. If you cannot do that, try playing Solitaire, or minesweeper or for that matter tetris. It forces you to think and organize, and takes your mind away from panicking, giving you time to process. Ranting at a boyfriend/sounding board helps too
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  8. #8
    Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Posts
    2,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    exactly...like too many things at once to sort out and too many possible outcomes and the feeling of discomfort about making decisions or the feeling of not being able to do what you need to do...the feeling of being restrained or not in complete control to even do what you so very strongly feel like you need to do...and i'm stopping now before i start to panic...thanks lady! : /
    lol.... OOOOPSY!

    edit...hey we're both lady now! maybe i should call you jaye...anyway...you okay jaye? are you stressing now? go have a bath and some new agey music haha or something
    I have been for weeks, but on a much lower level. I was trying to offset a major anxiety moment by getting exercise, or being outside, or listening to tunes that would normally get my stress out. But I have too many unresolved conflicts going on - and I get to a point where I either have to divorce myself from my feelings, which I can do, but then I don't feel like myself at all - or I throw myself at fixing the problem, and end up in a loop because there's no way to resolve it. That's what I'm doing now I think. I got SO SICK the other night and all day yesterday, and unfortunately getting sick makes me feel even more trapped.


    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Being overloaded and overextended will get you there, and once there you'll guilttrip over the fact that you can't fix it, which keeps the loop going and keeps Fi just blocked and lets Ne run buckwild overloading you even more. I find that doing something that forces you to use Si or Te will make you recover. Going back to nature to me is going to a place that I know and makes me feel at home. If you cannot do that, try playing Solitaire, or minesweeper or for that matter tetris. It forces you to think and organize, and takes your mind away from panicking, giving you time to process. Ranting at a boyfriend/sounding board helps too
    So true. Ne going around and around. I find myself saying , " STOP NOW." when my thoughts loop. It breaks it, but temporarily. Thanks for the suggestions, Gith. :X

  9. #9
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    that's totally what it is yeah...that ne paranoia loop...and the fi being very passionate about doing the exact right thing...or something.

    i'm sorry you've been feeling unwell.
    chamomile tea might help a bit...or go to the health store and get some homeopathic calm pills...it's just herbs and they help.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  10. #10
    S Saiyan God Mace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te
    Posts
    2,141

    Default

    Daily activities... such as garden work, scrubbing the house, watching soap operas, petting the pets, or moderate regular exercises, help.

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] ENFP and INFP relationship
    By Lotr246 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-29-2013, 03:35 PM
  2. [ENFP] ENFP's and anxiety
    By King sns in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-16-2011, 03:16 PM
  3. [ENFP] ENFPs and problem solving
    By BlueScreen in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-30-2010, 10:11 AM
  4. [ENFP] ENFPs and feeling ... confused, fake, misunderstood, weird....
    By Chloe in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 05-10-2009, 05:00 PM
  5. [ENFP] ENFPs and perception of "well-likedness"
    By autumn in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 10-16-2008, 08:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO