• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Difference between INFP and INTP

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I've found INTPs to be quite sensitive also, or at least they don't handle criticism very well. The difference may be that INFPs are also sensitive to others & their feelings. INTPs seem a little obtuse in that area.

If it's criticism that I think is unjust, I sometimes will lash out if I'm being criticized. And by "lash out" I mean argue them down and show them why they're wrong. Or I may feel irritated at the moment of criticism. But I rarely get down on myself for having been criticized, and I don't stew on it for days and days. If I have an emotional reaction to being criticized, it will most likely be an angry rationalization aimed outward at the other person, or at some other person involved (e.g., "it was so and so's fault," or "it wouldn't be a problem if you weren't so needlessly strict about such and such").

I'll let an INFP fill in how they react to criticism. I suspect that they will tend not to argue, and probably turn the criticism inward and be sad about it/wonder why they were so <stupid/lazy/ignorant/whatever> that they did whatever they are being criticized for. But that's just my hypothesis.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Questions like these don't say much, there's just far too much potential for overlap.

Not all INTPs always take the technical route.
Not all INFPs take the personal route.
It's easy for both to focus on the tech specs if they want, here.

But it's also more likely that both the INTP and INFP, for ad copy, will engage Ne more than their primary and end up looking a lot alike.

I think a better check would be providing a relational scenario of some sort and asking each how they would handle it.

S version: That's what she said. N version: perhaps that would work well...