User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Forgot to add-I asked about being sensitive because I've run across it so many times in INFP descriptions but I always wondered how the authors came to that conclusion. Did they ask the INFP's what they thought or did they just insult them to see what would happen? At the same time, I've read that INTP's are sensitive to criticism that reflects on their competency. Seems like a lot of things could be taken this way-making an INTP appear 'sensitive'. So what is the difference?
    Introverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving
    Strength of the preferences %
    67 38 12 11

MBTI
    INTP

Thanks for the explanation Jennifer. That is something to think about.

Pencils?
    67 38 12 11

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Redbud View Post
    Can either type go back and forth and produce a similar looking document? Or does the INTP's ad copy look forced (or wordy) and the INFP's technical document too non-specific or whatever?

From typelogic:
    Some INFPs have a gift for taking technical information and putting it into layman's terms.

Maybe non-specific to you is "layman's terms" to others; writing it in a way so that someone who is a non-expert can get a decent grasp of the information.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Forgot to add-I asked about being sensitive because I've run across it so many times in INFP descriptions but I always wondered how the authors came to that conclusion. Did they ask the INFP's what they thought or did they just insult them to see what would happen? At the same time, I've read that INTP's are sensitive to criticism that reflects on their competency. Seems like a lot of things could be taken this way-making an INTP appear 'sensitive'. So what is the difference?
    I've found INTPs to be quite sensitive also, or at least they don't handle criticism very well. The difference may be that INFPs are also sensitive to others & their feelings. INTPs seem a little obtuse in that area.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    From typelogic:
    Some INFPs have a gift for taking technical information and putting it into layman's terms.

Maybe non-specific to you is "layman's terms" to others; writing it in a way so that someone who is a non-expert can get a decent grasp of the information.
    er...in case I offended let me be a bit more specific. I don't have a problem with INFP technical writers nor do I find INFP writers to be non-specific. My understanding is that as a group they are supposed to comprise some of the greatest writers in the world. I was just trying to figure out what the opposite of an overly wordy and dry technical document would look like...since INTP's are said to be driven to be precise...I was looking for the other side. I'm not really sure what the Fi negative side looks like and an overly emotional technical document doesn't seem likely?

Going back to Jennifer's comment though maybe pencils were just a bad idea.

"On second thought, let's not go to Camelot. Tis a silly place...Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about, and valiantly, he chickened out."
    67 38 12 11

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

INTPs and EXACTLY the same as INFPs. It's all slight of hand/internet.

That is all. Thank you.<--(sage)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

er...in case I offended let me be a bit more specific. I don't have a problem with INFP technical writers nor do I find INFP writers to be non-specific.

No, you didn't offend me at all. I was just offering an insight as to how an INFP may go about technical writing.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics

Sounds to me the opening question is asking 'What are you doing wrong that INTPs do right'.

INTPs have this weird circular reasoning when chasing tangents. It is so bad it has festered to the point it smells - good god does it smell.

INFPs lack this. I can give them the proverbial smackdown and they come back and try even harder. I'm impressed.

[Edit] Good god FC, it's good god, not good good.
    ESTP - Definition: "Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target a 120 km away, with an aratech sniper rifle and tri-light scope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by FC3S View Post
    Sounds to me the opening question is asking 'What are you doing wrong that INTPs do right'.

INTPs have this weird circular reasoning when chasing tangents. It is so bad it has festered to the point it smells - good god does it smell.

INFPs lack this. I can give them the proverbial smackdown and they come back and try even harder. I'm impressed.

[Edit] Good god FC, it's good god, not good good.
    I'm sorry you read the question that way. That was not my intention at all. Sounds like you have some INTP issues-sorry if you have had bad experiences. My interest is only in sparking a discussion about visible behaviors that might set an INTP apart from INFP since most of the junk that defines them seems to be internal. It has been pointed out to me-and I have acknowledged-that I used a bad example. Perhaps others can come up with some better ones using their experience on this board.
    67 38 12 11

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    No, you didn't offend me at all. I was just offering an insight as to how an INFP may go about technical writing.
    cool-thanks.
    67 38 12 11