• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Is it possible to make any chore fun?

MBTI Type
INFP
There are a million things I have to do -- most of them not very complicated -- but all require just a bit of drudgery. I know this is the age-old question for INFPs, but is there a way I can *want* to do them?

I think it's the studying legislation that's holding me back the most because it's the most boring. Thanks for your comments . . .

P

Phantonym

It's all in your head. I find myself negotiating with...myself...and I have to talk myself into doing things that are boring. It's like you're a salesperson with a pitch.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I use the reward system myself - do this for an hour, then you can do something else (or buy myself a little treat etc)

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
NEIN! Chores are for delegating! That's what my legion of monkey butlers are for!

(I'll gleefully mop the kitchen floor but I hate doing dishes with a mad passion)

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Of course there is. Play loud music and dance/sing along. Unless you're trying to motivate your xxxP S.O... in which case xxxJs, do it in your underoos or your birthday suit.

I... hear... it works.

Wade Wilson

MBTI Type
INTP
You can make chores fun.

The trick is to get someone else to do them while you do something... fun!

MBTI Type
INFP
I actually might have found the perfect compromise. A task that makes me feel useful while not actually being that useful, one that prepares me for further usefulness:

Hole punching! :hi: And lots of it. I just got the most ridiculous flowery binder to put these notes in. It makes me happy.

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm all for the reward system. But if a certain TV show can make me feel peppy and ready to go no matter what, maybe that can be the preparation for work, rather than the reward.

(Feeling very xxxP today. Thanks again, all.)

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hole-punching is a lost art. You could be the key to reviving it! And paper curling! And tatting! I want to tatt! We could have mounds of lacy doilies!

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Binder tabs ftw!

Tatting is a very old skill of hand-making lace with little needles. Practically no one knows how to do it anymore.

tenINsFJ

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
Vacuuming can be fun if you like to make the triangle pattern.

Car washing can be fun if there is someone else there to spray.

Making a mirror dirty and then cleaning it can be fun.

I don't know how to make putting dishes away fun, but I inherently like it.

P

Phantonym

I don't know how to make putting dishes away fun, but I inherently like it.

Breaking them may be fun. Costly, but fun.

It seems that the Js enjoy creating patterns to help them get over boring chores.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
What chore are we talking about? Cranking some tunes helps. Also, things are more fun if you do them in your underwear.

*looks at synarch*

Pfft. I don't even rate as a monkey butler. I think Pink has me on ignore.

tenINsFJ

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
Breaking them may be fun. Costly, but fun.

It seems that the Js enjoy creating patterns to help them get over boring chores.

True. I might have to go and buy some Ikea plates for breakage.

I was just thinking about that pattern thing before I read your post. Another chore(sort of pattern involved) is putting away clothes, but in a specific order.. by type of shirt, by color, and of course season.

P

Phantonym

Another chore(sort of pattern involved) is putting away clothes, but in a specific order.. by type of shirt, by color, and of course season.

Nah. That's just being pedantic. Just kidding. Guilty as charged :yes:

Edit: Read the last part of your post again. Ahh...the connotations "season" brings up. To cook shirts or not to cook, that is the question.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Get some Sly Stone on your iPod and you'll be shaking.