• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENTP Date With INFJ Tomorrow

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Have you remotely considered the possibility that anybody you find intriguing or interesting, you label an INFJ? Why not just look for an interesting person? Also I hope you do not come off this desperate in your personal interaction.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
i noticed you re-edited this post and selectively excluded the fact that you drove around all day looking for infj's.

Ye gods. :doh:

Thank you for mentioning this. I showed up post-edit. Now I know how (un)seriously I should take this thread.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
... I am just rather taken aback at the INFJ-love on the board in general; it's nice and all but I wonder how much is rooted in reality. *shrugs*

I love INFJs :wubbie: , but I would never limit my options to one kind of person, mbti type, ethnicity, job, whatever ...

I think it's a bad idea for anyone to do that, but especially an ENTP.

V

violaine

Well that's certainly understandable Sanveane..I mean, just as I don't understand INFJs all that well, INFJs may not understand the depth of caring and feeling an ENTP has when committed to caring for friends in any sort of friendship or relationship.

It goes deep. Trust me. You can't know yourself so trust me.

I'll also add that the date isn't about me.

It's really about what I have to give an appropriate person. And I know in my soul that I am made to give to an INFJ. No other is appropriate for me. So it's more of my half feeling life needing to get to the other, INFJ half.

:blush:

Hmm, I see a contradiction in this post but who am I to tell you how you feel. As I said, in this regard fare thee well.

My b/f is ENTP and he cares very much for me; I assume it is about how we relate and the things that are particular to us moreso than type. We have amazing similarities that are not type related. I also have never responded to another ENTP as I have with him. I have had great connections with men of other types though. /personalized derail.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How can you know in your soul that an INFJ is right for you when you admit this may be your first meeting with an INFJ female, and you don't really know INFJs that well?

Qre:us

How can you know in your soul that an INFJ is right for you when you admit this may be your first meeting with an INFJ female, and you don't really know INFJs that well?

How can you take this situation seriously to formulate a thought-provoking question like that?
You INFPs, whackjobs, the lot of ya...I know this to the depths of my soul.

V

violaine

I love INFJs :wubbie: , but I would never limit my options to one kind of person, mbti type, ethnicity, job, whatever ...

I think it's a bad idea for anyone to do that, but especially an ENTP.

Yeah. I just think the chance of finding someone of such a purportedly rare type who is single and there is mutual attraction and compatibility is remote.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You INFPs, whackjobs, the lot of ya...I know this to the depths of my soul.

I didn't think ENTPs were supposed to understand INFPs so well. It's like you just peered into my soul. :ninja:

Yeah. I just think the chance of finding someone of such a purportedly rare type who is single and there is mutual attraction and compatibility is remote.

I think we are drawn to the people that are best suited for us. If someone is really best suited to INFJs, they'll likely have a tendency to just 'find' them, because they'll naturally do the things that they are attracted to and that attracts them.

As friends, I seem to find them fairly frequently.

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
MBTI can be taken too far.

So, so true.

I don't know... Just the idea, of you know, searching for INFJ and INFJ only and settling nothing but for INFJ seems kind of taken far. There's never a perfect relationship, not with an INFJ or with anyone else.

This one of a couple instances on TypeC that I've seen where someone says they'll only be happy with an INFJ...

Bull shit.
I mean come on... just because INFJs are teh shit, doesn't mean you have to have one. I mean, hell, I may think that a certain type of body, hair color, eye color etc. is the best but doesn't mean that's the only physique I'll ever be happy with in a woman. There's a word for that... 'picky'.

The human race has done JUST FINE without MBTI for hundreds... thousands of years. I don't see why, just because people gain some knowledge on personality types that it suddenly excludes 98% of the rest of the women/men on the planet as being viable options solely they aren't INFJ.

Best of luck to the people I know I actively looking for INFJs... but as an INFJ, I think it's about as shallow as a girl looking for a husband and makes her selection based completely upon his education, income, and heritage. If a girl started being friendly to me JUST because I was INFJ, I'd tell her to get lost.

The girl I like IRL... I have no clue what type she is. I wonder about it sometimes but even if I found out she was SF or ST it would make no difference to me because I'm in love with her heart - not her type.

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

And I'm not picking on anyone in particular. I've noticed this tendency in myself and don't like it. I just hope others can learn from my mistakes and not limit themselves from some really good relationships.

Yes, I had to add this to make sure I didn't hurt anyone's feelings :coffee:

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Avatar... you are.... strange doesn't describe it.

Have you remotely considered the possibility that anybody you find intriguing or interesting, you label an INFJ? Why not just look for an interesting person? Also I hope you do not come off this desperate in your personal interaction.

+1

Personality types aren't even well defined. Also INFJs really aren't everything the hype portray us to be. The type with highest marital dissatisfaction label shouldn't be discounted. Many INFJs have difficult finding and maintaining relationships. But good luck with your coffee encounter. :)

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Let me cut to the chase. You are completely batshit insane.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
whatever...its not like hes a kid...being 37, im sure hes seen his fair bit of the world...he wants what he wants.

that said, im sure hes gonna take all this into account and so, not too much harm in trying