User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Quote Originally Posted by A Schnitzel View Post
    Why are so many ENTP guys fixated on the idea of an INFJ?
    I don't get it.
    I don't think it's "so many." I think it's a select few on this forum who are very vocal about their preference.
    Out and about, it's been my experience that we simply don't encounter each other much.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

I'm just gonna take a wild guess...

You are ENTJ?
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar7 View Post
    I'm just gonna take a wild guess...

You are ENTJ?
    Does it matter what her type is?
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Firstly, thanks for all the hard work you're putting in.

Quote Originally Posted by velocity View Post
    odd, because i could have sworn it was six hours in the original post.
    you've also modified the original post several times now, so it sounds less like self-pitying whining. good job. glad to see i could help raise your self-awareness.
    It was 6 places. I must have made a mistake.
    Some people just want to take care and refine their work. But you seem to know this.

Quote Originally Posted by velocity View Post
    without criticism there would never be any progress.
    Past-time for you to progress.

yet you would jump at the opportunity to go on a date with someone you've already placed limitations on based on age?
    It didn't start as a date. That's the concern. Why do you feel the need to change the context? Is this learning helping build on the original context? What focus do you prefer?

that's too bad. because you make marriage sound so easy.
    You're going too far off track now. That assumption is based on your previous belief.

a better idea would be to learn about relationships and work on them.
    Better idea than what? Learning about relationships is what this site is all about.

Thanks again.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    I don't think it's "so many." I think it's a select few on this forum who are very vocal about their preference.
    Right on iwakar.

Out and about, it's been my experience that we simply don't encounter each other much.

What's your experience interacting with ENTPs? Have you met one IRL?

MBTI
    fool

Honestly, I think there's a fine line between obsession and interest.

MBTI can be taken too far. It's interesting, but people are so much more than their types. And there's a lot of variation between the same type anyways.

I don't know... Just the idea, of you know, searching for INFJ and INFJ only and settling nothing but for INFJ seems kind of taken far. There's never a perfect relationship, not with an INFJ or with anyone else.

I'm just saying because it might be disappointing - for you - if you at some point do find your wife and it's not as perfect as you had thought, because it seems like you're holding INFJs at some sort of pedastal.

Think of all the other options and possibilities you might be ruling out with your quest to find one woman of the specific type.

violaine

^+1

Er, and I hate to say it but chances are at 55 she is going to be very interesting... so best of luck with holding the line on that part of the attraction. Still, I hope you have fun!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

I have dated more people than I care to..and none of them clicked inside other than INFJ.

It's just a waste otherwise. There's no chemistry. There's a connection that is essential.

I am 3% seeking 1.3% plus the right values, attraction, compatibilties.

Thank you.

violaine

Fair enough, not trying to take the wind out of your sails. I am just rather taken aback at the INFJ-love on the board in general; it's nice and all but I wonder how much is rooted in reality. *shrugs*

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    Fair enough, not trying to take the wind out of your sails. I am just rather taken aback at the INFJ-love on the board in general; it's nice and all but I wonder how much is rooted in reality. *shrugs*
    Well that's certainly understandable Sanveane..I mean, just as I don't understand INFJs all that well, INFJs may not understand the depth of caring and feeling an ENTP has when committed to caring for friends in any sort of friendship or relationship.

It goes deep. Trust me. You can't know yourself so trust me.

I'll also add that the date isn't about me.

It's really about what I have to give an appropriate person. And I know in my soul that I am made to give to an INFJ. No other is appropriate for me. So it's more of my half feeling life needing to get to the other, INFJ half.