User Tag List

First 34567 Last

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I don't know. Everytime I try it, it makes me feel weak. I prefer to fight back. I can't help it, but I love feeling aggressive.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    whoa really? sounds more infp from the way i understand it.

Really?

I always thought INFP's were extremely forgiving.

Then again I know a male infp in real life and once you cross him, you're toast, with me I might get all mad, say "that's it, we're through, you suck I am never talking to you again" but give me time and I am bound to forgive and let go on my own.

Actually doesn't even take all that long damn it.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i get over things insanely quick. i may adjust my level of trust or the nature of our relationship but i don't hold onto negative feelings about it. i just accept my new perception of you i guess and treat you accordingly.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison
    Likes Alassea liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i get over things insanely quick. i may adjust my level of trust or the nature of our relationship but i don't hold onto negative feelings about it. i just accept my new perception of you i guess and treat you accordingly.
    Perfectly stated. Me too. Bingo.
    Likes Alassea liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Cross my moral line, or hurt people I care about and you'll want to get far away from me. My values are so strong that I'd pretty much be willing to break any rule or law to justify them.

I can be really morose and mopey. I don't know if that's considered to be 'dark-side material', but I don't think it's a good characteristic.

I'll admitt that I do have a temper, as all NFs should have. Against my true self, when I want something, I'll develop an edge and go after it. I can be agressive when I know I need to be. getting a job as an example.

I feel like I can morph into different personalities in different circumstances:
    I become an ISTJ when I do chores, like mowing the lawn for instance, making sure to do it as neatly as I can and putting pride into my work.
    I become an ENTJ when I am dealing with work. When there's a task at hand, I see a common goal and do whatever it takes, without hurting others, to reach it.
    I become an INTJ when I study and do homework. Making sure things are done right, and using my intellect to get it done.

I could go on for a while, but what it all comes down to, is that I may seem like I can be edgy sometimes, cruel, and work-oriented, but it's not who I truly am. It's my ENFP approach to things I care about. I realize that I need certain things in life, and I'm taking pride and doing what it takes to reach my goals.

When you take away everything that doesn't matter, you find the real me . the me that I share with you all here. I really am a clown and I do like to have a good time, even though it may seem that I do have some dark aspects of personality.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?
    Likes Crystal Winter Dream liked this post

MBTI
    TNT

Well if I really had to think of downsides of ENFPs, these would be it:

- they are often irresponsible
    - they are the creators of hype, reality distortion and misguided self-confidence in others
    - they are lazy as fuck
    - they find it very hard to be objective about their friends or family
    - they start stuff but don't finish 95% of what they started
    - they would find an excuse for Hitler and let him go(they can't punish people)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^ that's all somewhat true except for the hitler comment.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    TNT

I know. That was an exaggeration. You should know something about it

Quote Originally Posted by FinalFrontier89 View Post
    One thing I've heard is that ENFP's often censor their views to not be contrarian or cause conflict. This is very much unlike my personality. Also, although I do worry about what others think of me, I consider it very wrong to sell myself out in any way or alter my personality to appease them.
    I make my views open, and am not afraid to back them up in front of a crowd. Well, depending on what mood I'm in.

But ... why worry about what others think of you? I'm going to live my life the way I want to, while helping as many people as I can, and if anyone gets in the way they won't be running away unscathed.

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I've seen and heard NF's be extremely manipulative and self-absorbed, to the point of throwing tantrums to get their way, habitually cheating on SO's, and being really self-deceptive. As in hiding being this mask of feeling superior to others because they are so omniscient or 'so good at manipulating people' when really they are really afraid of people and unsure of themselves.

Then there are ENFPs who go overboard trying to people please and sacrifice their Fi or lose a solid hold on values in order to appease everyone.
    Fortunately, for the people who have to deal with me, "extremely manipulative and self-absorbed" are things that I wouldn't be accused of being by anyone with ANY observatory skills.

Sold values = good. Self-deception = bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I think the dark side of an enfp is the oppposite of the bouncy, giggly enfp stereotype. There is a heck of a lot more going on and people just don't always catch it.
    Well, who says that the opposite of the ENFP stereotype has to be their "dark" side? It can be a good thing, I think. You just have to know how to balance it out with your "stereotypical" side.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo View Post
    Most people around her thought she was this fickle, weird, affectionate, bubbly girl and they thought that that was all she was. I saw through to her depth, intelligence, intense and fragile inner world, and that simultaneously excited and scared her.

And, yeah, inner world could get pretty dark if she had plenty of time alone to stew on her thoughts. Is this common with other ENFPs?
    I can relate to "she". I'm sure that most people I know think of me as the same thing, and only that. And of the few who have discovered my other side, well, they've basically drawn away from me. I have yet to find anyone that could embrace both sides of me ...

One of my fears is being left alone, and it's for a reason. My Intorverted and Thinking sides really kick in when I'm left to stew on my own thoughts, and it's not always about things I want to "stew on".

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Thank god for those that do take a moment to look beyond that first impression
    Ditto that.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Yes, I have a *VERY QUIET, SERIOUS, DEEP* side. The stereotype is what I show others when I don't know them at well or are not at work or just feeling silly and need to chill.

I'm quite capable of holding my end of a conversation, debating, public speaking, or whatever....I just have to care enough and be in the right mood.

In fact, outside of work, I spend most of my time alone....
    I can relate completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_ View Post

- they are the creators of hype, reality distortion and misguided self-confidence in others
    - they are lazy as fuck
    The sad part is that of everything you've listed, I can't say that I'm any of that. Yes, I have my lazy days, but doesn't everyone? And if I don't finish something I start, it bothers me until I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_ View Post

- they are lazy as fuck
    oooo, I like that one. However let's just call the others "lack of follow through" and I'll nod in agreement.

The Dark side emerges after I have felt rejected or hurt by another or if I perceive people that I care about are being hurt.

Some of these can be very productive but are not very nice.

If in pain I will tend to misinterrpret whatever Ne feeds to Fi. I am very good at making the connections and in identification of what is connected to what. The failing can be in interpretation of the motives behind the connection. I can screw this up badly and assign a very malevolant intent. I am very much on gaurd against this.

I can dominate others with too much Te. Typically after sufferring a blow that hurts me or watching others i care for hurt, I back away in pain for a day, then lash out with Te in anger, then settle down and logically analyze my emotions and why I behaved they way I did.

Long term, this Te domination can be VERY effective in the workplace. I scare people. I go from happy, fluffy enfp to serious, its time for you to die Te when I find someone not holding up their end of the deal. Since the Te is driven by an idealistic sense of Fi inspired rightousness and caring for my fellow employees, it has much respect. I don't do this unless I am right.

There can be an urge to be manipulative but you really have to hurt someone I care for before I can do this. Fi is a double edged sword and doing something harmful to another hurts me as well.