MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Get out of our ENFJ club, you impostor! *laughs*
    I'm leaving and taking all my cookies with me!!!
    *snatches posters of Kirk Cameron off the walls*

Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    I especially agree that it'd be good to show the INFJ that you're making effort. Not be a burden. Having to readdress a problem numerous times tells me the other person involved either doesn't care or simply doesn't want to change - which makes me want to start putting distance between us.
    To the OP and the INFJs: why does this woman take such a personal involvement on an online forum?

A good thought, Wyst– I'll try to display the effort that I'm putting in more openly. Thanks.
    Naked on a mountaintop. Brb.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh brotherr.................
    zomg Se!!!
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    are you implying i don't have a heart

( )

Who are you speaking for Eck?
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    How does this support cattywample as an ENTP?
    Could...It looks like objectifying the scope of thought to isolate emotion out and obtain a clear insight into whatever is "going on".

Also, a heavy potential pitfall for ENTPs as people and feelings are involved. Maturity is of utmost importance and priority when doing this so as to consider others and their feelings when engaging this type of thinking.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by cattywample View Post
    I asked her about this, actually, and she explained that she takes members arguing amongst each other very personally. She interprets the fact that the conflicts continue to appear as a sign of failure o her own part. She works hard to facilitate discussions between members when there's a problem, so when issues keep popping up she doesn't see it as humans being humans– she perceives it as evidence that she's made a mistake or somehow been inadequate. (She's a perfectionist to the highest degree.)
    Classical INFJ behaviour... why aren't I surprised? Well nothing more to worry about. All you can do is try to regulate what you post. Perhaps pause and think about the ramifications of your post and determine whether it's worth it to express your opinions/ideas before submitting.

[FONT="Times New Roman"]Not at all. I was very upset during (and after) writing the OP, and receiving a disrespectful response like that one was just too much. It wasn't even the comment itself that bothered me, because I understand very well that the internet is host to some of the most incorrigible people on Earth. Insensitivity and disrespect are my biggest triggers, and he'd managed to hit both of them at once. At the risk of being cliche, it was just the straw that broke the camel's back. Now I'm not upset, I do regret reacting to it the way I did.
    Understood. I was merely referring to your tone/style of writing. There are some forums (e.g. infp-gc) where it will get you a reprimand or two. Merely trying to understand whether your LJ community is like that.

BTW - much of what you've mention falls along the lines of what a male ENTP friend of mine will say. He can also be pushy when he feels his view is correct. You fit the type just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I'm leaving and taking all my cookies with me!!!
    *snatches posters of Kirk Cameron off the walls*

To the OP and the INFJs: why does this woman take such a personal involvement on an online forum?
    And who give you the rights to all those cookies? Snatches some from you.

INFJs usually do that... we all have our little self-appointed pet projects. Actually INFJs are commonly asked to be forum moderators because of our abilities to understand both sides and sooth ruffled feathers. The more J of us also does well at organizing threads and posts etc. Once on the job, we can't help but do our best... especially when other people depend on us on something.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Maybe she's like a cat lady... but is allergic to kittehs.. so she's a ... forum lady..?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by cattywample View Post
    I only very rarely get "truly" angry, myself. Most of the time anger comes in the form of minor irritations I can shrug off and forget in a matter of hours. But when I do get very angry, it usually all culminates in a series of massive explosions that almost always end in social disaster. I think, however, that I generally have a looser grip on my anger/aggression than the typical ENTP because I was diagnosed with both Cyclothymia (results in hypomanic states, leading to a marked lack of judgment and tact, etc.) and ADHD at a very young age. All of that working together beneath the surface (along with my own issues and misconceptions) tends towards impulsiveness x ?.

This makes everything more understandable. You have my sympathies.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Maybe she's got extenuating circumstances that make it hard for her to get out IRL and she pours her social energy into an online outlet?

Of course.. the same question could be pointed at anyone here that has well over 1000+ posts within a couple months of joining.

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    INFJs usually do that... we all have our little self-appointed pet projects. Actually INFJs are commonly asked to be forum moderators because of our abilities to understand both sides and sooth ruffled feathers. The more J of us also does well at organizing threads and posts etc. Once on the job, we can't help but do our best... especially when other people depend on us on something for everything short of wiping their asses.
    I agree, Nighty!
    Modding also helps us out as we know we're being useful/helpful to a wide group of people. One of the other forums I used to be on asked me to help out with some of their stuff but after a while, I had to step down from. I kept getting love PMs from all the ENTPs... man.. it was just too much..

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    ... I kept getting love PMs from all the ENTPs... man.. it was just too much..

*sending love pm*