• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Abusing the Mentor: ENTP-INFJ Relations

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Get out of our ENFJ club, you impostor! *laughs*

I'm leaving and taking all my cookies with me!!!
*snatches posters of Kirk Cameron off the walls*

I especially agree that it'd be good to show the INFJ that you're making effort. Not be a burden. Having to readdress a problem numerous times tells me the other person involved either doesn't care or simply doesn't want to change - which makes me want to start putting distance between us.

To the OP and the INFJs: why does this woman take such a personal involvement on an online forum?

cattywample

MBTI Type
eNFP
A good thought, Wyst– I'll try to display the effort that I'm putting in more openly. Thanks. :)

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How does this support cattywample as an ENTP?

Could...It looks like objectifying the scope of thought to isolate emotion out and obtain a clear insight into whatever is "going on".

Also, a heavy potential pitfall for ENTPs as people and feelings are involved. Maturity is of utmost importance and priority when doing this so as to consider others and their feelings when engaging this type of thinking.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
I asked her about this, actually, and she explained that she takes members arguing amongst each other very personally. She interprets the fact that the conflicts continue to appear as a sign of failure o her own part. She works hard to facilitate discussions between members when there's a problem, so when issues keep popping up she doesn't see it as humans being humans– she perceives it as evidence that she's made a mistake or somehow been inadequate. (She's a perfectionist to the highest degree.)
Classical INFJ behaviour... why aren't I surprised? Well nothing more to worry about. All you can do is try to regulate what you post. Perhaps pause and think about the ramifications of your post and determine whether it's worth it to express your opinions/ideas before submitting.

Not at all. I was very upset during (and after) writing the OP, and receiving a disrespectful response like that one was just too much. It wasn't even the comment itself that bothered me, because I understand very well that the internet is host to some of the most incorrigible people on Earth. Insensitivity and disrespect are my biggest triggers, and he'd managed to hit both of them at once. At the risk of being cliche, it was just the straw that broke the camel's back. Now I'm not upset, I do regret reacting to it the way I did.

Understood. I was merely referring to your tone/style of writing. There are some forums (e.g. infp-gc) where it will get you a reprimand or two. Merely trying to understand whether your LJ community is like that.

BTW - much of what you've mention falls along the lines of what a male ENTP friend of mine will say. He can also be pushy when he feels his view is correct. You fit the type just fine.

I'm leaving and taking all my cookies with me!!!
*snatches posters of Kirk Cameron off the walls*

To the OP and the INFJs: why does this woman take such a personal involvement on an online forum?
And who give you the rights to all those cookies? Snatches some from you. :devil:

INFJs usually do that... we all have our little self-appointed pet projects. Actually INFJs are commonly asked to be forum moderators because of our abilities to understand both sides and sooth ruffled feathers. The more J of us also does well at organizing threads and posts etc. Once on the job, we can't help but do our best... especially when other people depend on us on something. :dry:

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Maybe she's like a cat lady... but is allergic to kittehs.. so she's a ... forum lady..?

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I only very rarely get "truly" angry, myself. Most of the time anger comes in the form of minor irritations I can shrug off and forget in a matter of hours. But when I do get very angry, it usually all culminates in a series of massive explosions that almost always end in social disaster. I think, however, that I generally have a looser grip on my anger/aggression than the typical ENTP because I was diagnosed with both Cyclothymia (results in hypomanic states, leading to a marked lack of judgment and tact, etc.) and ADHD at a very young age. All of that working together beneath the surface (along with my own issues and misconceptions) tends towards impulsiveness x ∞.

This makes everything more understandable. You have my sympathies. :cry:

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Maybe she's got extenuating circumstances that make it hard for her to get out IRL and she pours her social energy into an online outlet?

Of course.. the same question could be pointed at anyone here that has well over 1000+ posts within a couple months of joining. :devil:

INFJs usually do that... we all have our little self-appointed pet projects. Actually INFJs are commonly asked to be forum moderators because of our abilities to understand both sides and sooth ruffled feathers. The more J of us also does well at organizing threads and posts etc. Once on the job, we can't help but do our best... especially when other people depend on us on something for everything short of wiping their asses. :dry:

I agree, Nighty!
Modding also helps us out as we know we're being useful/helpful to a wide group of people. One of the other forums I used to be on asked me to help out with some of their stuff but after a while, I had to step down from. I kept getting love PMs from all the ENTPs... man.. it was just too much.. :coffee:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Are there any bad poems in there, Wyst? :D

P

Phantonym

Yeah, Wyst. Spill it. Make a presentation on ENTP love PMs.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sky and I have made our demands.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dear Sky -

Roses are red
Violets are blue
You have an odd smell
Like a hobo shoe

(She'll fall right into my grasp for sure!)

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How'd you know? L'Eau de Hobo Shoe is my fave.

You have a sophisticated air about you!

Not without a bunch of flowers and a box of choccies. What do you think, I'm easy?

the-continental.jpg

Sham-pahn-yuh?!

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Are there any bad poems in there, Wyst? :D

Ooooh, yes.

Yeah, Wyst. Spill it. Make a presentation on ENTP love PMs.

No, I'd better not. It might be embarrassing for the person who wrote it.

Wyst, Wyst, Wyst...:static:

Ok, fine. :coffee:

Below is the most recent PM from an ENTP who shall remain nameless... it shows the intellectual prowess of the ENTP breed.

"I are so attracted to you. You are INFJ - so cool and mystery. I always like INFJs online but they run from me IRL - wtf. If I meet you IRL will you run? If you try, I cry. Why?"

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
"I are so attracted to you. You are INFJ - so cool and mystery. I always like INFJs online but they run from me IRL - wtf. If I meet you IRL will you run? If you try, I cry. Why?"

You weren't 'sposed to share that, bro.