• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Abusing the Mentor: ENTP-INFJ Relations

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I don't understand, she's from a forum right?

People on forums aren't real, that's a well known fact. :coffee:

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't understand, she's from a forum right?

People on forums aren't real, that's a well known fact. :coffee:

lol

As I've discovered, this is the real difference between the ENTP/INFJ perspective.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
lol

As I've discovered, this is the real difference between the ENTP/INFJ perspective.

:cry: are you implying i don't have a heart

( :laugh: )

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:cry: are you implying i don't have a heart

( :laugh: )

Newpers. That at first blush, when you see screen names, you see an opportunity for humanoid (read human-like) interaction. But when I see screen names, I see and wonder about the individual behind it. It takes a sustained effort for us to accomplish the opposite.

Edit: ...which is why I wonder if cattywample is mistyped.

Last edited:

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Newpers. That at first blush, when you see screen names, you see an opportunity for humanoid (read human-like) interaction. But when I see screen names, I see and wonder about the individual behind it. It takes a sustained effort for us to accomplish the opposite.

I don't see a humanoid, I see letters on the screen. If I hadn't met you irl and had proof of your existence, I would have thought that HAL was at it again... everyone else is still suspect.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't see a humanoid, I see letters on the screen. If I hadn't met you irl and had proof of your existence, I would have thought that HAL was at it again... everyone else is still suspect.

I am not letters on a screen! ...I'm an alien!

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Edit: ...which is why I wonder if cattywample is mistyped.
Or just young.

I know I was very disturbed by the idea I could be seen as aggressive discussing ideas.
In my mind 1) pretty much everything is a game \ joke

2) Discussing is never personnal, it's not related to people but to what they say, I mean, if somebody proved me wrong with a nice argument i'd just say and think 'nice one dude' and appreciate it as the quality entertainement\experience it is.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
2) Discussing is never personnal, it's not related to people but to what they say, I mean, if somebody proved me wrong with a nice argument i'd just say and think 'nice one dude' and appreciate it as the quality entertainement\experience it is.

How does this support cattywample as an ENTP?

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
How does this support cattywample as an ENTP?

You don't even know the guy\gal\undefined gender !

*heavy use of mbti clichés below*

For some young entps, it's a bit hard to deal with your everyday caring mature infj.
It's interesting, so the entp won't want it to stop. Like making concessions to keep a discussion developping further if you will.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
You don't even know the guy\gal\undefined gender !

*heavy use of mbti clichés below*

For some young entps, it's a bit hard to deal with your everyday caring mature infj.
It's interesting, so the entp won't want it to stop. Like making concessions to keep a discussion developping further if you will.

very interesting theory. you think she seeks out conflict in order to bond with her INFJ?

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That does seem plausible. Sounds like something my ENTP brother would do...

So catty should find another way to bond with the INFJ outside of forum conflict. What about a substantial conversation for one, or hanging out?

Catty, have you ever met this INFJ irl?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Hal is pretty hot. Oh wait... HAL is pretty hot.

As to the OP: I never bother with any relationship that requires so much conscious effort. Either we "get" each other instinctively and knock out the rough edges along the way, or we don't. Though I must say I find the mention of "aggressive" behavior intriguing. You mean you freaked her out?

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
No actually, I meant that it's a hard situation to be in for somebody who doesnt take people as unique beautiful snowflakes but rather as the agents allowing access to stimulating discussion\Good times.
I could say this isn't true, but as far as the mbti 'nf' vs 'nt' comparison goes it's a fitting one.

So if somebody's interesting we can be willing to do some sacrifices to keep the relation up if we feel like the relation we have with someone isn't one we are likely to obtain with somebody else.

But seeing people as 'who we spend our present\are focusing on at the moment', we do not naturally think of them as part of a complex social spiderweb. So the idea that we can harm somebody and so our relation with that person by something we said \ did when this person wasn't present\concerned by the action\message is a bit hard to adapt to.

And we are at first convinced that we can easily just 'explain that it doesn't concern them\that we didn't mean it this way', with some it doesn't work. Combine that with a unique enough relationship and your classical entp is torn between his natural light spirited cockiness, the pleasure to argue and his\her attachement to an individual.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*teddy bear squishes*

Sorry, I'm being aggressive. :p

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
No actually, I meant that it's a hard situation to be in for somebody who doesnt take people as unique beautiful snowflakes but rather as the agents allowing access to stimulating discussion\Good times.
I could say this isn't true, but as far as the mbti 'nf' vs 'nt' comparison goes it's a fitting one.

So if somebody's interesting we can be willing to do some sacrifices to keep the relation up if we feel like the relation we have with someone isn't one we are likely to obtain with somebody else.

But seeing people as 'who we spend our present\are focusing on at the moment', we do not naturally think of them as part of a complex social spiderweb. So the idea that we can harm somebody and so our relation with that person by something we said \ did when this person wasn't present\concerned by the action\message is a bit hard to adapt to.

I like my theory better. :tongue:

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Meh ask me to talk about metacognition or how to use people.

Taking people's feelings into account as anything else than tools\toys isn't really my cup of tea most of the time

*throws red ants on pink*

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ants! My favorite! *sprinkles you with Feeler Dust* It's just talcum powder, really.

Agreed.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Ants! My favorite! *sprinkles you with Feeler Dust* It's just talcum powder, really.

I rigged the ants with uranium\pepper anti personnel mines. thou shalt perisht!

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I rigged the ants with uranium\pepper anti personnel mines. thou shalt perisht!

Observe: ENTP versus eNFJ = playtime. lol You think just because you're filled with polyester fluff and giggles that I won't roll you around in marshmallow creme and tie you to a tree to leave for the sparrows, you're very wrong.

Say. Mighty nice miniaturized organically-deployed weapons you have there. *cannot contain admiration* *quickly steals the idea and applies to erratically flying moths who aim for the nostrils*