I'd like to write Non-Fiction books.
    That girls are raped, that two boys knife a third,
    Were axioms to him, who'd never heard
    Of any world where promises were kept,
    Or one could weep because another wept.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

OK, I was joking with my previous post... all apologies.

I think INFP's are potentially good at many jobs, expecially one's that have to do with reading people and their motivations. Oh, and all kinds of art, music, medicine. We're smart and can be good in a crisis.

RDF

I did a career as a translator. Mostly I translated newspaper articles or economic and financial documents. It involved using writing skills, but as a translator I wasn't responsible for the creation or the content of the material. I just had to capture the sense of the document in one language and then render that same sense in another language.

Truth be told, though, it's probably not a real good (lucrative) field these days. What with e-mail and electronic documents to send work back and forth and the use of e-banking to handle international payment issues, translation increasingly tends to be outsourced to translators or agencies in countries with cheap labor. To compete, you have to be willing to work at home as an independent contractor for low per-word rates. It works okay as a part-time job for supplemental income, or if you have a very low cost of living and don't need much income; but for most people just starting out in the field I think it would be difficult these days to make a full-time career of it. Globalization and all that.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I went into technical writing after being in outside sales for 17 years. Although I am definitely an INFP I still found the job interesting, because I was able to learn the technology and then write about it. One problem with technical writing for me as an INFP was the high stress - very tight deadlines and lots of pressure. The other issue was dealing with engineers, who seem to be suffering from some level of Asberger's Syndrome - no people skills at all, poor communicators, etc. Don't know what type that is, though. Anybody know? In any case, technical writing pays very well, and one can do technical writing in other fields besides software or hardware computer applications. One can also become a medical writer, which I must confess is more interesting to me than writing for computer applications, but one has to be very qualified. Just an idea to consider. Thanks!

MBTI
    INFP

I wonder if we consider our spiritual beliefs as secondary talents and have been trying to find new primary talents to cover them up just to cover expenses.

MBTI
    INFP

For a long time as a kid I had no idea what I wanted to be - just something that I'd enjoy doing for a living, I guess. I was a creative and happy INFP as a kid but I didn't usually think too much about the future. I just figured I'd find out what I'd do for a living someday later. I actually discovered what I wanted to do (either as a career or dedicated hobby, my indecisiveness even plagues me with my passions) completely by accident.

I was about 12 or 13, roughly 3-4 years ago, when I installed Flight Simulator 2004 onto my computer. I had played with it before, but more as a game or a toy - I was easily amused at 8 years old doing barrel rolls with Boeing jets. But after a few years of not playing, and then suddenly trying to get back into it, I had taken a different approach. I wanted to find out more about airplanes - especially civilian, small aircraft. It irked me when my friends, whenever the topic of planes came up, only wanted to talk about military fighters or Boeing jets. I felt like it was cliche to only know about these kinds of planes - I had enough awareness to know that there was so much more to airplanes and aviation than the ones people usually see.

So when I installed Flight Simulator, naturally I felt inclined to learn more about the vintage or smaller planes. Whenever I'd play the game with these aircraft, I felt like I had to be much more proper and "real" with them. I felt a lot of satisfaction knowing I was doing things "the correct" way. I soon wanted to learn how to fly for real. Sadly, I haven't motivated myself enough to actually do anything about it yet.

I'm still unsure exactly what I'd like to do. I fear that aviation is something that I won't be able to handle as a job - though I have recently come to realize that there are other jobs besides flying planes - it's important to know the business side to aviation companies, and also how airports function. I would like to see myself working with people at airports - exactly what and how, I'm not sure. People say I have a talent for writing, but I've never seen it as a main source of income for me.

Sorry about the rant, you've probably heard more about aviation than you ever really wanted to know. But like I've said, it's what I'm passionate about. To put it simply, I love flying, but am unsure if it is the right kind of career path for me. But, then again, I don't know what else I'd try to pursue. It's confusing, and I make it so on purpose I guess.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I'm a personal growth educator. It involves me in facilitating some workshops and in some follow-up groups and one-to-one work. The pay isn't wonderful, ha ha, but if I can build up my paying participants the income will be OK. For the past year and a half I've been doing this full-time. It's extremely rewarding, though also quite stressful. I'm trying to find the balance.

Before that, to make ends meet, for seven years I was doing copy-editing alongside the personal growth education. I found that a good way to make money from home. Everybody needs copy-editors to correct their manuscripts. So if you're good at grammar, copy-editing is a good way for an INFP to make money to live on while they develop their main love - writing, if it's that. I love writing, and I couldn't deal with so much painful people-stuff if I wasn't also writing. But I haven't found an outlet for it yet. Maybe I'll start a blog...

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

In "Gifts Differing" there were percentages for everything. Since INFPs are so rare, a concentration in something meant percentage of INFPs for that might double from 2% to 6%, but still there are few INFPs relative to the general population. Likewise, the concentration of INFPs in anything was not likely zero, meaning INFPs could probably do most things.

I am a biologist/ aquaculturist.

From age 17 onward:

1. Plankton sorter
    2. Drew blood from wild birds for Health Dept. viral tests
    3. Stock clerk grocery
    4. Plankton collector
    5. Stock clerk, grocery.
    6. Fish Otolith remover
    7. Veterinary assistant, small animals
    8. Veterinary assistant, monkeys
    9. Laboratory clerk at major hospital
    10. State Environmental management CO-OP
    11. Gardener
    12. Research Assistant
    13. Fish farm manager
    14. Gardener
    15. Fish hatchery manager

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

This is what my career looks like without the 5 years of unfinished education that went from Finance/Accounting/Admin, Business Systems and Civil Structural Engineering.

1. Lawn mowing and gardening
    2. Recreation club cleaner
    3. Software testing
    4. Factory work
    5. Patient Care Worker
    6. Security Guarding
    7. Newspaper distributor
    8. Administration

last year was in
    9. Barbecue sales
    10. Charity Op Shop
    11. Mailing Center
    12. General Goods
    13. Supermarket

Ah well, liking none so far.

MBTI
    INFP

I think that the intuitive and creative characteristics of us INFPs provide us with unique problem solving skills, and the idealism in us strives for excellence and elite results. As long as there is sufficient energy, time and MOTIVATION to work on issues, us INFPs can come up with the most ideal and creative solutions to any problem. I see this can provide a unique advantage in careers that don't seem to be normally associated with INFPs, like inventors, engineers and architects. Of course, these careers do require a little extra effort from an INFP to deal with boring technical details like mathematics and science, but once learned these technicalities can be seen as the language required to communicate a special type of creative art, which fulfils much more important missions in life. The benefit provided to society by inventors, engineers and architects is often overlooked - just as INFPs often feel that their contributions are overlooked - but they themselves can get satisfaction by seeing the deeper benefits to human society. At least, that is what I tell myself as an INFP engineer.