• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] How Does One Deal With Heartbreak and Is Psychological Pain Necessarily Part Of It?

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
Interesting. Do you feel like you lose yourself when you do that?

i dont know

prolly not...but thats cuz i wont dwell on it or identify myself with it

if i did feel guilty and it had no immediate consequences then id be thinking, whats done is done...move the hell on....maybe even a lil proud cuz in pop culture, picking a chick up and screwing her isn't exactly looked down upon...especially when it comes to 20 yr old guys

actually, i would never feel proud and would loose all respect for anyone who did...this i know, cuz i don't seem to respect anyone who inflates their ego by the notches on their belts

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
wow, that does have a negative undertone to it...doesn't it

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
i dont know

prolly not...but thats cuz i wont dwell on it or identify myself with it

if i did feel guilty and it had no immediate consequences then id be thinking, whats done is done...move the hell on....maybe even a lil proud cuz in pop culture, picking a chick up and screwing her isn't exactly looked down upon...especially when it comes to 20 yr old guys

actually, i would never feel proud and would loose all respect for anyone who did...this i know, cuz i don't seem to respect anyone who inflates their ego by the notches on their belts

wow, that does have a negative undertone to it...doesn't it

Yes. It sounds like it comes from a place of weakness. You might delve into it further.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
this kind of post seems genuine. we are an honest breed, you know.

Seemingly honest. We tend to sin through omission rather than commission. Also, ENTP are prone to exaggeration.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
This aligns and makes sense..I mean, she is all the more valuable for staying with him...This reflects on her value and what would contribute to her being a great girlfriend for me. And I can only imagine respecting her that way. So I am happy for her. They just bought a house together.

If it's meant to be, it will. It's out of my control. If it's meant to end, it will. Life is smart like that.

Yes. Do not be a spoiler in other people's lives. It is hard enough to keep a relationship on the rails without other people slavering on the margins.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
Usually people don't admit this kind of self-destructive behavior. I admire the honesty, but are you trying to get some form of attention?

LOL...doesn't matter. take it as you will

but if you really do want to know then no, i am not looking for attention

guess i got a bit of "if you want to know the world, know yourself" sorta thing going on...yeah, i scare me too

Nyota

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
4w5
How about a policy that tells you to lie? You'd suck at selling Avon products or cars.

Indeed I do suck at it... maybe that's why I haven't been able to sell my POS car after months of it being listed.... dangit.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My guess is that she lived and learned a little. "Hurt people hurt people" as I've recently learned. Broken men will find a way to break others in order to feel better. It just takes a little growing up to realize this.

Yes. And it creates an inherently unequal dynamic where one is the saviour. These kinds of relationships are appealing to those that wish to "fix" people, but I'll pass. One is always giving and the other is always taking. Not my idea of a healthy relationship.

Nyota

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
4w5
Yes. And it creates an inherently unequal dynamic where one is the saviour. These kinds of relationships are appealing to those that wish to "fix" people, but I'll pass. One is always giving and the other is always taking. Not my idea of a healthy relationship.

If only we could have talked about this 6 months ago...:doh:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This aligns and makes sense..I mean, she is all the more valuable for staying with him...This reflects on her value and what would contribute to her being a great girlfriend for me. And I can only imagine respecting her that way. So I am happy for her. They just bought a house together.

If it's meant to be, it will. It's out of my control. If it's meant to end, it will. Life is smart like that.
Buying a house together is a serious commitment. I wouldn't expect such a relationship to end any time soon. Subtleties like smiles and attention are subject to wide interpretation. Entering into a significant commitment with another person like buying a house has a much narrower range of interpretations.

Would it help to identify the actual qualities in her that you are drawn to and realize that with certainty there are other women who possess the same qualities that are alone and would respond to you?

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
It is called codependency. The codependent partner is usually the "savior". It is never too late to do something about it. Get counseling or get the fuck out.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
Yes. It sounds like it comes from a place of weakness. You might delve into it further.

i did a lil while ago...and i do every so often....i come up blank (well, conflicted) cuz im too fucking extroverted to not to care about pop culture...

care in the sense of defining pop culture according to me...but that still needs an audience and audience only pay for what they like

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Buying a house together is a serious commitment. I wouldn't expect such a relationship to end any time soon. Subtleties like smiles and attention are subject to wide interpretation. Entering into a significant commitment with another person like buying a house has a much narrower range of interpretations.

Would it help to identify the actual qualities in her that you are drawn to and realize that with certainty there are other women who possess the same qualities that are alone and would respond to you?

You are wise.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

INFJs seem very susceptible to these types of relationships because they are so concerned with the internal well-being of others.

Nyota

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
4w5
It is called codependency. The codependent partner is usually the "savior". It is never too late to do something about it. Get counseling or get the fuck out.

I'm definitely the "fuck out".... lived and learned.