User Tag List

123 Last

Senior Member The Grand Chameleon's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Default Music and Lyrics

I noticed while I listen to music, I ignore the lyrics and focus entirely on the melody, the bpm, the harmonics, how well the song fits into the mood, how well it would mix into other songs, and what type of montage the music would best be suited for.

I often cannot recall what the song title is nor the author. Don't get me started on lyrics.

Is this typical to NF?
    "In the game of chess, you can never let your opponent see your pieces."

MBTI
    INFJ

I..usually get used to melody more. I also got attracted to melody much quicker than lyrics. To get me to like a particular song, however, the lyrics are more important than the melody.

There are lots of music with good melody (I like most of J/C/K Pop's melody) but good lyrics...are hard to find.

Yes, I also imagined what kind of sequence would go well with the music, what's the mood of the music (and comparing it with the actual lyrics and see if there's a dissonance <3), the instrumentals / the background sounds, etc etc.

now song title and author...is hard. >_>; I need to 'own' the music myself to be able to remember the names.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

I often cannot recall what the song title is nor the author. Don't get me started on lyrics.

Is this typical to NF?
    It's true of me. Sometimes I'll try singing along and my friends make fun of me cause none of the words are even close to being right... but they sound it to me!

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelinpa View Post
    It's true of me. Sometimes I'll try singing along and my friends make fun of me cause none of the words are even close to being right... but they sound it to me!
    +1

I never know what songs are saying.. always beats. I didn't even know Lady GaGa was saying poker face in her song until last week.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Hmmm...I play a lot of attention to the lyrics of a song. I know many songs word for word. I strongly dislike songs where the words have no meaning, unless I'm just having fun and dancing, in which case I like nice beats. This is why I listen to [some] rap; it mixes meaningful lyrics with a fun beat. I also enjoy the puns and metaphors. I annoy my ESFP friend while we are driving places by focusing on the lyrics, she says "Who cares? It sounds good!"

MBTI
    INFJ

Rhythm, instrumentation, and mood of a song rope me in, words that mean something keep me there.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

If a song tries to be something I've not heard before, something unique, regardless of lyrical content... as long as it gets me "thinking" (LOLZ, infp "thought") with clever arrangements of words in a language that I'm familiar with (English or Spanish). They don't necessarily have to mean anything in particular to inspire me. And what I end up doing doesn't have to be directly related to the song. Being spastic musically helps.

Woo!
    YouTube - The Frogs

Exhilarating!
    YouTube - The Soft Boys - Only the Stones Remain

More!
    YouTube - Couch Flambeau - The Zoo Is Cool - 1985

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Chameleon View Post
    I noticed while I listen to music, I ignore the lyrics and focus entirely on the melody, the bpm, the harmonics, how well the song fits into the mood, how well it would mix into other songs, and what type of montage the music would best be suited for.

Is this typical to NF?

If I pay enough attention, I'm able to detect within seconds the title and the artist when the song starts playing. But the lyrics, names of the albums, band members, personal details of the artists - all of these seem irrelevant.

I have songs I absolutely love and have listened to for years but I'm completely oblivious about their lyrics. Maybe a bit of the chorus but overall, it's all about humming I really have to make an effort to look up the lyrics in order to get the full significance of a song.

Sometimes I get so caught up in one song and its mood that I almost bathe in the vibe and fail to notice that a whole set of songs has passed.

your resident asshole

Well, I'm no NF, but I do the same thing. Of course, after I've heard a song for a while, I'm interested in the lyrics and I try to pay attention to them. But most of the time I can't remember the lyrics in the song. Most people just love singing along to the lyrics and they wonder why I don't know the lyrics to songs I've heard before. I also only like to listen to music when I'm not doing anything else, so I can really engage in the mood of the song.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

You shouldnt talk about music !

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsdgZVqQVdA"]lyrics are quite easy [/YOUTUBE]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]